Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Virgin records label timeline< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Kiwwy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 17 2011, 17:22

Has anyone ever compiled a timeline of the various early label desigs used by Virgin?
For instance, when was the coloured "Two virgins" label introduced?
Was only one design in use at any one time?

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2011, 18:58

I can only provide some sketchy info here, Matt is obviously much more precise and knowledgeable than me here. :) The Two Virgins drawing was there from the very beginning, I seem to remember that it was Richard Branson's idea. Then, in the early Eighties, the geometrical logo with the red (and green) labels popped up, and it stayed like that until Virgin was bought by EMI. After that, I think that the Virgin label (meant as the actual label stuck on the record, not the company!! :D) just disappeared.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Kiwwy Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2011, 19:43

Quote (Ugo @ Aug. 17 2011, 19:58)
I can only provide some sketchy info here, Matt is obviously much more precise and knowledgeable than me here. :) The Two Virgins drawing was there from the very beginning, I seem to remember that it was Richard Branson's idea. Then, in the early Eighties, the geometrical logo with the red (and green) labels popped up, and it stayed like that until Virgin was bought by EMI. After that, I think that the Virgin label (meant as the actual label stuck on the record, not the company!! :D) just disappeared.

Yes - I'm just wondering why they kept changing the design all the time, when the first version was so nice, atleast in my opinion.

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
2 replies since Aug. 17 2011, 17:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net