Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Virgin Contract Rumors< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 21 2001, 19:50

With the forthcoming Virgin 'Tubular Bells' compilation, and the expiration of Mike's contract with Warner, there are rumors that Mike might sign again with Virgin (which is owned by EMI which is owned by AOL Time Warner).
Profile PM 
toMtOm Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 22 2001, 09:33

On the Hungarian WEA site (www.warnermusic.hu) you can find the most popular musicians and groups (belong to WEA) with bio- and discography - except Mike Oldfield... I asked them about the reason, and they answered that the site is under developing... Maybe they don't want to spend a second with a musician which will leave the company?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 22 2001, 18:42

I wonder if maybe he'd sign to Branson's V2 label rather than Virgin records (Mike has made noises about it in the past)...
Profile PM 
Ludor Tudor Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 29 2001, 05:08

To be honest: I do hope that Mike will return to Virgin. Here in Norway, Mike hasn't been promoted since Tubular Bells II frown
They calim that he isn't popular enough! There are just not enough fans... I don't believe that. I think that Virgin would promote him better then WEA. The shure did that before. And how do you make peapole buy something? Promotion! Like the american band Creed. Noone had heard about them - they get some TV-spots - and now are in first place of the top 40 album list!
I trust you peapole at Virgin wink

--------------
Kjell at oldfield.no
Why don't you have a try to win at the competition?
Profile PM WEB 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 03 2001, 05:28

I hope that Mike signs to whoever gives the best promotion options. Virgin had given up on his promotions by about Islands, WEA seemed to give up after TB2. Is it that record companies just don't know how to promote Mike's music?
Profile PM 
4 replies since Mar. 21 2001, 19:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net