Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Variations on a theme< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
olracUK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 26 2010, 19:43

A radio show here in the UK managed to get a huge variety of home musicians to create their own versions of an old TV theme

Details here

So, I was wondering, given all the amazingly brilliant musicians that visit Tubular.net, perhaps we (that is you could do something similar?

TB main theme is perhaps a bit too obvious. So which 30 to 60 second musical theme by Mike is as instantly recognisable and adaptable to variations? May I suggest teh "Spanish Tune" section of Hergest Ridge?

From Midi File to Mandolin, Heavy Metal to Ibiza chilled, Theremin (looking at you Korg) to Thrash Metal, Vocal harmony to Vocaloid - what can you make of it?

I'd love to give a prize, but the adualtion of your fellow Oldfield fans will have to be enough. Maybe I could make some TB cookies if i can get the secret recipe from Inkanta.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 29 2010, 01:38

Great idea Olrac :) .

Not being here when the original Finale was done I would love to Participate in something.

But something more recent than his BIG FOUR.

So from my end thats Drums (and B.S) taken care of ,any guitarists out there...... Syd? :cool:
Profile PM 
1 replies since Nov. 26 2010, 19:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net