Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: unsurprisingly nice< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Thomas Andersson Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 12 2002, 08:20

It's only 2 pm and it's already been one heck of a day. This morning, my fellow swedes won the Group Of Death in the World Cup - a pleasant surprise indeed. Only minutes later I received mail from a couple of schools I had applied to. I've been waiting for this for months, but to my great disappointment and - again - surprise I was not accepted into any of them. But, there was something else in the mail, too...

I've just had a first listen to Tr3s Lunas. It did not surprise the least, the music was exactly like I had pictured it - extended versions of the online soundclips. Basically the same mood and ideas throughout the album. The guitar playing is nice and there's quite a lot of it but the melodies are almost ridiculously simple at times (with the possible exception of the sax guitar, which is a really nice touch). There's nothing really new or fresh here, it's too predictable, too simple, too much of the same thing. But still...ehm..

..I kind of like it. It's nice. Not anywhere near the millenium bell or TB3 and certainly not TSODE in my opinion, but it has a certain feel and atmosphere that appeals to me. I will listen more to it, who knows, it might grow on me.

Just one more thing, how come Mike insists on having those synthpads backing every single song? It certainly adds to the feeling of repetitiveness.
Profile PM WEB 
dgcaer Offline

Posted: June 21 2002, 10:22

I think this album is pretty good. Not as TSODE but almost as good.

I'm not a fan of To be Free (both Version), but it's not bad too. It fit well in the CD.

I love the holiday feeling in the music. I remind me pictures of Galapagos Island.

It's happy, relaxing and shiny !
Profile PM WEB 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: June 22 2002, 11:49

how long is Tres Lunas? anyone have an exact time, like when you put it in the CD player, how long does it say the entire length is?

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 22 2002, 18:57

My player says 58:21. wink

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 22 2002, 19:44

...or somewhere around 54:08 if you discount the bonus track of the To Be Free radio edit.
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2008, 02:29

Just had my first listen - and have to agree that it is nice, a couple of the tracks are a bit simplistic for me, but I enjoyed the album overall (and I was a little nervous after some of the reviews I have seen).

I REALLY liked To Be Free (first time I had heard it - says it was a "hit" on the cover - which countries?  ;)   )

I am a fan of Mike's keyboard work, so enjoyed hearing more of it, and I also found the sax a pleasant change.

I am just working my way through the later CDs (1998 on) and finding them better than expected.
Profile PM 
5 replies since June 12 2002, 08:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net