[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Unsolved mysteries< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 08 2006, 15:09

Unsolved mysteries

Here's one to get things started:

Bats World

So far, no one has found a way of evading the bats at the ringheads, in order to enter Bats World. We've tried firing rings at the ringhead from a distance, running and hiding behind the green crystals, or hiding in the lake in the cave where the portal to the forest is. None of our usual tricks seems to work. But I think there must be a way to do it.
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: May 09 2006, 07:01

The hidden ring

So, you have played one of the games (piano/swords/rings), or have got the mantis ring, and are in the temple, right?

Now, look at the back part of the stairs where the ring is... don't see anything? Just wait a little more... and there it is, the back side of the support does open for some seconds, and you can see another ring inside!

If you are careful enough, you can enter without getting the upper ring. But, if you move too much inside, or throw something, you'll get the normal ring, and come back.

Nobody has still found any explanation. Nothing happens if you touch it, nothing happens if you wait... but it's too hidden to be just nothing...
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: May 09 2006, 07:08

The bell cursor

This is something that's known to be true, since Colin, the games programmer, told us.

Apparently, there's a way to change the cross cursor with a more appropiate bell cursor (and maybe more things). How to do it? No idea, but in words of Colin "It happens on a certain astrological event. It's not what you do it's when you do it".

Can it happen with a particular computer clock date? Or maybe with some planetary alignment in the space? How mysterious!!
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: June 06 2006, 11:37

The volcano portal

On certain occasions, an arch, similar to those on the games, appears at the bottom of the volcano. There's still no clue about its task, but it doesn't seem to be an error, since the arch does fit perfectly in the volcano's shape; maybe it was meant to be something finally discarded, or maybe it's something yet to discover...

For now, the only known way to see it is exploiting the bugs that make the barriers disappear, like the seagull's world.

Additional note by The Bulldog

The portal-shaped rock structure, without the actual Portal architecture, can be seen in the same place at the foot of the volcano in Ant's World. It appears that the Portal architecture is dependent on which "World" one is in at the time.

[As there are several mysterious Portals about in the game, I wonder if these are there to serve a programming function of some sort. For instance, you shoot white triangles at the Portal on the Ice Cap of the Blue Planet, but you do not actually go through it. However, you ARE transported from Space. Maybe these "other" Portals are there to allow this teleportation to happen, even though the player cannot actually pass through them. One game engine that I used decades ago had a similar characteristic - teleportation devices had to be seen as something, but could usually be hidden in the game design. They just had to be there to allow for the movement of the player into another scene or world.]
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2007, 20:45

The writing on the Celtic cross in the forest

I think many Tr3s Lunas have pondered, at least once, on what the four mysterious signs inscribed on the Celtic cross in the forest actually mean -  if they have a meaning, of course! :D [You can find a picture here.] They look like Greek, but they don't amount to anything sensible in Greek. But they may also be an attempt (a failed one?) to write in Cyrillic/Russian. Who knows?  :zzz:

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 02 2010, 04:38

Quote (Alan D @ May 08 2006, 15:09)
Unsolved mysteries

Here's one to get things started:

Bats World

So far, no one has found a way of evading the bats at the ringheads, in order to enter Bats World. We've tried firing rings at the ringhead from a distance, running and hiding behind the green crystals, or hiding in the lake in the cave where the portal to the forest is. None of our usual tricks seems to work. But I think there must be a way to do it.

Ugo has just told me in an email that he in fact succeeded in entering Bat's World, but only once. So it is possible - and a horrendous challenge for the rest of us.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 02 2010, 19:27

Quote (nightspore @ May 02 2010, 10:38)
Ugo has just told me in an email that he in fact succeeded in entering Bat's World, but only once. So it is possible - and a horrendous challenge for the rest of us.

This actually happened 4 or 5 years ago, when I was just starting to play Tr3s Lunas. The only thing I remember is firing rings from a great distance and running very fast :D away from the ringhead.

Here are a couple of pics of a 'failed', or partial, version of Bats' World (with barriers still up), obtained by nighspore through random ring shooting. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
6 replies since May 08 2006, 15:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net