Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Unreleased tracks from the recording sessions< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Man In The Rain Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 07 2003, 20:45

If you look at the photos on the inside sleeve of the vinyl, you can see some lists of song titles including album tracks and also numerous unreleased songs, such as 'China', 'Heart', and '(something) The Snow' or '(something) The Sword'. I was wondering if anyone knows of any interviews where Mike made reference to these tracks, whether they ended up being morphed into later songs (such as Midnight Passion becoming Moonlight Shadow) or what they sound like and why they weren't used? I remember Dark Star running an article on unreleased tracks once and they mentionned it but they didn't seem to know much about it either.

Any info out there?

Ollie

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
dazzler Offline

Posted: June 23 2009, 16:25

I can read "Celtic Thing" a few times.

I always thought it might be a working title for Afghan
or some of the parts that became included on The Lake.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: June 24 2009, 06:47

Bet not many of you have the "Flairck" album "Sleight of Hand"...   Maggie Reilly sings a song on it called "Trick of the Night"  Mike Batt was involved...    I smiled to myself when I played it...  Not giving anything away.. :cool:

Any way just dug around and found a Free Link to "trick of the Night"  hope it works Ok..
http://www.flairck.com/discography.php?id=10

On reflection the Title Tk has elements of "Amarok" in it as well..  Maybe Mike Batt wanted to have a go at the "Mike Oldfield Style "  ..  Hes one Guy Id seriously consider a option as a Producer for a Mike Oldfield Record..

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Feb. 07 2003, 20:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net