Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Uk L+S, No bonus tracks, no U Myx and no cover!!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Man who is He.. Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 11 2005, 12:15

Never been so dissapointed before with Mike O.
No bonus track, so i'll never know them. No U-myx, No booklet, just a cardboard cover and two cd's.
Wish i'd never bought it!!!!! I am, however happy to find this place, it's really cool indeed, especially the Fan Tracks.
Amazingly, with this last album, it looks as if many fans may have overtaken Mike with their own music ability!!! Glyn R Browns composition called Recovery is excellent. Far more worthwhile than L+S. What a rip off L+S turned out to be..............
Profile PM 
MikeAholic Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2005, 12:49

Where are you from ?

Are you sure you bought a genuine CD ?

--------------
I sure hope that Mike realises what joy he brings to us !
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Oct. 11 2005, 13:04

UK, bought C.D from a shop called Mix Music in Harrogate, Yorkshire.
Have I been ripped off.........?
My personal thoughts on the Album are still forming, had it 2 weeks now, rushed out to buy it as i wanted the U-Myx and bonus tracks. O' am I upset right now............
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 11 2005, 13:21

That sounds like the promo edition. I'm not sure whether you've been ripped off exactly, as it's likely to have a collectors' value, but if you weren't made aware of what it was, the shop has been rather misleading.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2005, 20:44

Yeh I would definitely keep it or if you want to sell it I don't think you would have any trouble but you have been ripped off in that they have probably charged you for the 'official' release, so I wouldn't take it back and swap it, but I would either keep it or sell it and get the proper UK release.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
ob1 Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2005, 09:55

Hmmm- you've not got a 'real' version. U-MYX was on all of them, especially the UK ones...
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 13 2005, 21:50

Like I said, it's a promo edition. It's a 'real' one, because it came from the record company - it's just not a retail item. Whether it's a ripoff depends on the price - if it was less than £20, it wasn't. More than that, it's debateable. Sometimes promos fetch more than that, but it depends a lot on what they are and where they're being sold.
It's most definitely a promo edition though, they were exactly as described above (no bonus tracks, no u-myx, no booklet, cardboard packaging).
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2005, 22:09

I popped into my local music store and their stock had finally arrived 5 days after mine had come in the post from Amazon. It was $29, I paid $25 for mine with postage, and it did not have the 2 bonus tracks or the U-Myx tracks, or would have cost about $11 more. I forgot to check if had a booklet with it. I don't understand why they are sending these editions to Australia, surely they should be coming from the UK, where he is based, unless they opted for the cheaper versions. But my friend who has waited all this time now has to wait another week and order it from Amazon. UK.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2005, 06:42

That's why I ordered mine from amazon.co.uk the first moment I could: because I didn't know when they would actually arrive in Australia, and I knew the UK edition would have the bonus tracks. And it was cheaper to order it. I'm glad I did!

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 14 2005, 17:26

I'm very happy now,, My son has shown me that it is a promo edition, and is there for not intended for retail. It took him nearly 20 mins to show me as i could not see it. A golden opportunity to rib the old man about his failing eye sight and support his theory that I'm decrepit!!
I'll buy the proper edition this weekend, And play all that techno very loudly indeed,,, keep him awake at night!!!!
But thanks everybody.
Profile PM 
9 replies since Oct. 11 2005, 12:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net