Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: U-MYX< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ob1 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 14 2005, 03:46

Quote (Down Under @ Oct. 13 2005, 16:45)
Here's what's going on in my part of the world at the moment.  The album isn't to be seen in music stores here yet, so I don't have it.  I got interested in playing with the u-myx stuff in the meantime, so using the download link provided by sarujuu on 15 August at Mike Oldfield - TubularBoard » Special » News » 5.1 and u-myx versions of Light and Shade [Light + Shade 26-9-2005], I downloaded the u-myx program.  This one seems to be stuck on a track by SOULd'OUT, and it doesn't accept any new loads.  When I try to load any L+S u-myx track done by forum members, the "Parent information not found:" message comes up.  So the question is: For all us unfortunate folk who can't get the album yet, can anybody give us a link to a properly working version of u-myx?

You have to buy the album i'm afraid... The mixes you download from other people are only 'data' files- they don't contain any audio- the audio comes from the mike oldfield CD only i'm afraid...

What will start happening soon is that u-myx songs will be available to buy online, making this sort of thing easier.

Olly
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2005, 05:08

Quote (TubularBelle @ Oct. 14 2005, 00:53)
It arrived in my local Adelaide store yesterday but without the u-myx tracks and bonus tracks. I think they may have got it a little early though through different channels due to my consistant enquiries because if they had ordered it normally I'm sure they would have received the UK release with all the extras. I did warn them about the other version but they seem to have ignored that.

Haven't tried U-Myx yet because I am so pc iliterate, is it easy? Sounds like I am going to have problems.

Sorry for you,and anyone else who's had a mess about while trying to get copies of L+S.That's bad enough,then all the carry on re:bonus tracks/no bonus tracks - not to worry,there's always the U-MYX as an extra,which I think is a great idea.

Did have a couple of minor hiccups getting it to run on my pc though,but got there in the end only to then have my peace and tranquility disturbed by younger household members laughing and ranting behind me. This caused me to sit angrily clicking at everything in sight on the screen - result is Slipstream re mix titled "slip up" and there's no way it will be heard outside of these four walls(thank goodness)!
But anyway,no worries - if I can work the U-MYX ,anyone can  :p.
Profile PM 
Josh Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2005, 15:00

got my L+S today! but sorry it's the South African edition: no bonus tracks (will have to download them from some mercyful fan who's willing to share a couple mp3, please?)
and then the u-myx...... it does not work AT ALL. mine is a prety up market portable hp running xp pro all nicely updated. but when inserting the cd, it's recognized as a regular audio cd, nothing else. even with my iso buster pro programme, nothing, just audio files....
taking a closer look at the surface of the cd i do notice a different track towards the end, so there must be something there. but no way to make my machine install/play the u-myx.
has anyone got the South Africa version and experienced similar problems?
Please guys help, I'm desperate to get my hands on this mixing business.

--------------
Am I rock? or what?! Oh..., wait a minute: Amarok!
Profile PM 
ob1 Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2005, 04:43

u-myx should auto load- or failing that should be clearly present when you look at the contents of the CD...

It might well be that in SA the manufacturers didn't put it on.

Will find out from Mercury...
Profile PM 
Josh Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2005, 15:56

thanks for your help in this, ob1

the thing is, the booklet says u-myx is on, and the image of the cd's surface does show a line with a different shine, clearly indicating the presence a data track.

could we be looking at a factory defect of the cd, my pentium4 computer needs to retire, or have i all of a sudden lost my computer know how? :-/ wonder if anyone at mercury could have an input on the issue?

i remember seing on the booklet that i'm using the software at my own risk --basically if it doesn't work, that's your problem. you paid for the music. the software is a free extra.

that of course would be the typical answer of a music shop in Africa --> (sorry no refunds, no complains, now get the h*ll outta here) :(

-------------------------
so i woke up this morning (sunday mornings are magical for me) and i realized one thing:
i run dvd region free on my machine, and i had an option on, where auto running software on audio cd's is automatically hidden upon inserting of a cd. and BINGO! i de-selected this, and although the u-myx did not auto load, IT IS present on my cd, and it works beautifuly.

big oops!  :D

so, dear MO/L+S/U-MYX fan: if you have dvd region free running on your computer, make sure this cd option is off. otherwise not even ISO buster will detect the software. (which still amazes me, 'cause i've done impossible things with this programme).

so now guys, get ready for some nice mixes from my part soon to come. i just finished "Guitarrique". i also intend to use Nero Wave Editor afterwards.
--------------------------------- :cool:

--------------
Am I rock? or what?! Oh..., wait a minute: Amarok!
Profile PM 
Markus K. Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2005, 16:19

This u-myx thingie is quite limited but still quite a bit of fun.

Like already said it would be nice to be able to move the blocks. I would also like to zoom in so it would be easier to adjust the volume for short sections (like muting some single notes etc.)

Here's my contribution:

http://www.mikeoldfieldlightandshade.com/umyx....kus.umx

Mike will have a lot of work listening to all those tracks. There are already something like 250 of them!!!  :O

--------------
---
Markus K.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2005, 17:01

The chief problem I've encountered is if I take a track that I have a serious problem with, such as Quicksilver - then there's nothing I can do to it to make it acceptable. If I cut out the rapid pneumatic drill pulsing of the bass lines (which are what cause most of the trouble), there isn't enough music remaining to make anything of interest.
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2005, 16:18

Alan, are you cutting them out completely or lowering the volume? (you did know you could do that right..?)

I suggest taking all volumes to zero, and building it up in layers, the ones that you like, I did this with Slipstream and managed to create something that I believe is about 10% better than the original!!  :D   ;)

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2005, 17:13

Quote (The Bell(end) @ Oct. 16 2005, 21:18)
Alan, are you cutting them out completely or lowering the volume? (you did know you could do that right..?)

Yes, I got that far. I lowered the volume of each one until I found a level that seemed acceptable, but always that was a level of zero.....

But hey, congratulations on that heroic 10%!
Profile PM 
speedm Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2005, 06:54

Being Dim here: how do I get tracks from the Light album into iTunes; when I try the Umix software seems to prevent it.

thanks
Profile PM 
Down Under Offline

Posted: Oct. 23 2005, 06:45

Here's a "simple"  :p request.  For all the unlucky folk who get the album minus the extras and bonus tracks, can anbody post a link to download a properly working version of u-myx?
Profile PM 
Down Under Offline

Posted: Oct. 28 2005, 17:17

Hmmmm .... still no replies.  Is there a problem in getting a simple fully-working version of u-myx?
Profile PM 
Down Under Offline

Posted: Nov. 06 2005, 16:28

I found L+S at my local music store, at last.  The problem here in Australia, and it seems certain other countries as well, is that it is only the "basic model", containing only the 16 main tracks and no u-myx matter.  This is very unfortunate, because we can't enjoy playing "u-myx games" like buyers in the UK, etc. can.

So my question is this:  Can anybody provide us unfortunate "basic model" people with the u-myx program and the four u-myx track files that appear on the UK, etc. release?  :/
Profile PM 
JPICARD Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2005, 01:50

I just this CD set, and no umix :( aaarrgh! why cut out stuff for Australian buyers!!!!! argH!

Anyway to download the umix stuff and tracks from somewhere>??
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2005, 03:52

Just can't beleive what I'm reading here.It's so unfair that some of the cd's don't appear to have U MYX  on them :/ why ever not? Or perhaps they have this included,but it hasn't worked as yet(mine didn't at first).So for a short time was convinced I'd been done out of it :O

Hope something positive happens soon,for those who are not being able to try this out ATM.
Profile PM 
JPICARD Offline

Posted: Nov. 09 2005, 02:06

BELIVE IT. there is nothing on Aussie discs, but the music itself.. I paid so I could have umix, otherwise I would have downloaded the thing from Itunes!
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Nov. 09 2005, 03:18

Sorry about that,is there no way for this programme to be sent to those without? after all,they've payed for the album fair & square like everyone else & this isn't right.
Profile PM 
ob1 Offline

Posted: Nov. 14 2005, 08:16

I'll have a word with Mercury and see if we can work something out...

Best

Olly
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: May 28 2007, 18:17

I had a lot of fun with the U-Mix feature. I particularly enjoyed playing around with "Slipstream" and "Quicksilver".

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
58 replies since Sep. 26 2005, 13:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net