Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: U-MYX< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Down Under Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 04 2005, 21:38

What differences are there between the four U-MYX tracks on the album and the "album" versions of these tracks?  Has anybody made any comparisons yet?
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 05 2005, 02:06

I've uploaded mine to the site. I call it Angeliquemosphere.

http://brandonblume.commerceculture.co.uk/angeliquemosphere.umx

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Oct. 05 2005, 09:15

Finally,my mixes are on the site to download...it took me a while to create'em.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2005, 14:05

Ooh wow! Angeliquemosphere (Brandon) is great, ultra perfectionist but got it perfect IMO  :)

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
Down Under Offline

Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 07:59

When I try to load any of the U-MYX tracks put up by members so far, I get an error message that says "Parent information not found:".  Can anybody tell me what's going wrong?  :/
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 09:49

My fiance Amanda made one for herself and I uploaded it. She called it Amandalique. It's on the Umyx page :).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 10:32

I get the same problem as DownUnder -
'Parent information not found'. I cannot play other's mixes. Can anyone help us with this? Thanks.  :(

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
ob1 Offline

Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 12:49

Do you have the disc in your drive at the time of getting that alert?

'Parent information not found' basically means 'where is the song?'

It might well be rectified by loading the standard song off the disc, and then dragging/dropping the mix you want to play ontop of the u-myx player...

Give it a try- should work.

Olly
Profile PM 
Salamanda Offline

Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 15:34

Isn't this U-MYX thing fantastic or what !!  As well as having a go at creating my own mixes,  I think it's great to just be able to listen to only one instrument or vocal in the track.  How wonderful to listen to Mike's guitar playing all on it's own or listening to the voices.  

If you switch off all of the tracks except vocals on Angelique you can clearly hear the voice saying 'Angelique' instead of 'Burger Meat' !!  This is real nice and thanks go to Mike for letting us do this !

:)
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 16:01

Maybe the problems people are having is because of different country releases?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Down Under Offline

Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 16:53

"Do you have the disc in your drive at the time of getting that alert?

'Parent information not found' basically means 'where is the song?' "

- Well, no.  I'm not talking about the 4 tracks on the album.  I mean any of the tracks made by fans and members that are posted on this site and the M.O. site.

BTW, can anybody put up the 4 tracks from the album for another attempt at loading them?  Maybe part of the problem is in trying to load them from the disc and/or a region problem as well.    :/
Profile PM 
ob1 Offline

Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 18:31

Shouldn't be a region thing... if it works off the disc- it should work loading other peoples mixes too.

Have you tried dragging the new mix onto an already loaded mix?
Profile PM 
ob1 Offline

Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 18:33

Shouldn't be a region thing... if it works off the disc- it should work loading other peoples mixes too.

Have you tried the suggestion of dragging the new mix onto an already loaded mix?
Profile PM 
Down Under Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2005, 03:19

Yeah, I tried dragging as you suggest, but the same message comes up.  I still haven't been able to hear any of the U-MYX tracks yet !   :/
Profile PM 
ob1 Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2005, 03:36

How weird- does u-myx open with the original mixes on the disc, or does it simply not open at all?
Profile PM 
speedm Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2005, 13:40

Umix loading problem

I had this problem, but solved it like this:

1. download a Umix-track from the website, save it to your desktop, or whatever; use the Save Link As function to do this. Don't try running it.

2. Load the Umix programme from the disc; (in my XP system I the disc is identified as UMIX, on My Computer, not as an audio CD); keep your disc in the CD drive

3. Use the load function in the UMIX start-up page (bottom right, looks like a graphic equaliser); browse until you have the downloaded Umix file selected.

4. Chocks away.

I think that the UMIX thing is just fantastic. Because I'm lazy I'm remixing other remixes.

speedm

3. Go to teh op
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 13 2005, 15:35

I just wish you could move pieces around or change panning or eq even...but I guess we're lucky enough to have a volume editor. That helps bunches. I also wish the drum sounds were moer separate then just a single channel that says "drums". I'd like something more like a "bass & snare", "hi-hats", "background loop", etc. Would make things nicer. But again, I'm happy with what we do have.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Woman in the rain Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Oct. 13 2005, 16:05

i want the signed disc
Profile PM 
Down Under Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2005, 16:45

Here's what's going on in my part of the world at the moment.  The album isn't to be seen in music stores here yet, so I don't have it.  I got interested in playing with the u-myx stuff in the meantime, so using the download link provided by sarujuu on 15 August at Mike Oldfield - TubularBoard » Special » News » 5.1 and u-myx versions of Light and Shade [Light + Shade 26-9-2005], I downloaded the u-myx program.  This one seems to be stuck on a track by SOULd'OUT, and it doesn't accept any new loads.  When I try to load any L+S u-myx track done by forum members, the "Parent information not found:" message comes up.  So the question is: For all us unfortunate folk who can't get the album yet, can anybody give us a link to a properly working version of u-myx?
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2005, 00:53

It arrived in my local Adelaide store yesterday but without the u-myx tracks and bonus tracks. I think they may have got it a little early though through different channels due to my consistant enquiries because if they had ordered it normally I'm sure they would have received the UK release with all the extras. I did warn them about the other version but they seem to have ignored that.

Haven't tried U-Myx yet because I am so pc iliterate, is it easy? Sounds like I am going to have problems.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
58 replies since Sep. 26 2005, 13:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net