Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (11) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular.net project., An idea that need everyone.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
DarkenedEdo Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 18 2006, 07:49

This forum is populated from very talented musicians, and from several "skilled" people.
I would like to do a great original project, working together, with the touch of the musicians and the advices of the others.
It could be a way to grow and to be closer each other.
If you like the idea, well contact me.
If the result will be good enough we can think to publish an album, i think we have chances.
Of course there isn't an economic purpose, just to have fun and to be "a great project band".

Ciao
Edoardo

--------------
www.edoardofainello.com :::: www.fayeth.com :::: www.myspace.com/kahman
Profile PM WEB 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 18 2006, 07:52

That's a very good idea!!!
There is, however, already such a project in the process...
There is already a group of people planning to do a new recording of the whole Distant Earth album...
Perhaps you can check that out, and see if you like it... There's a thread (or maybe 2) about that...

Greetings,
stefan :)

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2006, 10:30

count me in if it's a ... suitable genre :D

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 18 2006, 11:46

I'll consider it. Expect the unexpected.
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2006, 13:24

along with nicolas here on the forum, i am helping create a whole new version of TSODE, but in the 70's style that mik ehad, we are working on a breif at the moment that will be emailed to everyone who wishes to join, but as nicloas and i have been so busy recently with  other engagements, its been a while since weve discussed it here on the forum!!

wont be long now until we gather the names of our musicians and ther parts!
we will keep you posted!

but im always up for a challenge anyway so count me in for other porjects too! :)

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2006, 13:54

I believe Edoardo is talking about creating an original composition rather than a cover/remix.

That said, this is one interesting proposition! I'm in! A project like this is going to need a lot of guidance, organization, and teamwork to pull it off.

If this project comes to fruition, I'll be very interested in seeing what all these exceptional minds can come up with. This is a very brave thing to do, Edoardo. I applaud you for attempting it! I hope it works out. And like I said, count me in.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Langdana Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2006, 14:06

Hi Eduardo, hi all others,

this sounds very good!! Count me in!! I never have worked with others together. This should be a new experience for me. Let us see what we all can do together :-)

Greetings
J. Lang
Profile PM 
DCDayDreamer Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2006, 17:48

That's a really ambitious project you're planning DarkenedEdo, I wish you all the luck to get it off the ground.

It's really nice to see the contributing musicians wanting to get together and turn this idea into a reality, it displays a real sense of community spirit over here. I'm still in the process of wading through all the posts and music downloads on this forum, hopefully I will be able to eventually comment on all the music that's available, but what I can say so far is that there's an extremely broad pool of talent and style from the contributing musicians. A project like this could quite easily create a 'supergroup' concept album that would 'break the mould'.

Going off topic - I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of the musicians for the music available via this forum, it's really opened up my mind to what's been laying dormant for many a year, thankyou and good luck to you all!.
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2006, 18:28

Wow! Edoardo, Korgscrew, Brandon, Langdana, BOOsTER and others together! Success guaranteed! ;)

I'd be glad to take part, but I'm afraid I can't add very much to this super band. :)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2006, 19:22

Well, if what's going to be made is an entire album then I'm sure you can find a place somewhere, EeToN! Shoal as well as other tracks by you are amazing pieces and I'd hate for you to be excluded by the mere fact that there's already a lot of people involved.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
terrykarpov Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2006, 06:15

I often download music from this forum as there is a lot of very good music posted here, a wealth of talent, so I have no doubt that an interesting mix of this talent, will at a given point in time, produce some very original and interesting music indeed!
This is a large project and I hope it gets off the ground, and becomes Airborne.

Terry.

--------------
"I create mirrors for people to see their souls"
Antoni Sulek 1951-1988
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2006, 06:29

well...what about some discussion about what genre it's going to be? Im pretty excited about the whole idea, but I'm quite afraid if I'll be able to participate :)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2006, 09:34

According to this very website regarding the Finale project, there is a note from Fanny regarding Mike's response when he heard it:

"I sent the mp3 file to Mike and he really liked it... He was very impressed by it...
One of his suggestions, because what you've done is really good, is for you to create your own composition.

He would be very interested to listen to what you can all create."

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2006, 11:23

It's so very nice to know that Mike appreciates this kind of exciting projects.
That's one of the main reasons why I'm so keen on participating in the Distant Past project, or any other project from this site!! And it's nice to make something together with all the Tubular people :)
Great :)

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2006, 15:40

Me and my Guitars are in (and a copy of lopgic Pro)    :D   Ray

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2006, 16:44

I can offer an acoustic guitar and nylon-string electric bass.

Recordings of. Not the actual instruments of course.
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2006, 18:30

Quote (Jammer @ Mar. 19 2006, 21:44)
I can offer an acoustic guitar and nylon-string electric bass.

Recordings of. Not the actual instruments of course.

nylon string elec bass!!!  I'm not a bass player but that sound weird.  Is that fancy or am i an ignorant elecy player!!!   :O   Ray

--------------
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2006, 19:03

It's just an ordinary four-string bass guitar with black flatwound Rotosound Tru-Bass strings. Sounds a bit like an old Hofner bass. I prefer the tone to the regular steel wound strings and the lower tension makes it a lot easier to play.

The strangest instrument I own is a 12-string Warr tap guitar. As I am a classically-trained pianist it seemed like a good investment at the time but unfortunately I haven't been able to get into it. I currently spend the most time on acoustic guitar.
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2006, 19:30

Well I'm not trained at all - (My wife agrees) :D  but i've been twanging guitars and Bodhrans since I hear Tubular bells in 1976.  And I still cant play for toffee - we just a bit.

Strangest instrument ???  I'm about to get a citern made for me but with specialiy set up strings so it will be tuned to the same as the top (highest notes) strings on a guitar - that should be insteresting - it's got 10 strings!!!!, but i've only got one plect-y-rum.  Ray :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2006, 01:56

Please excuse my ignorance :O   but what's a citern?

About the project, sounds interesting, I wish I could join in but I don't have any means of recording myself, and  my guitar playing isn't very good,  no F chords please, can't get to grips with Fs . I need to practise some more  ;).  I can bang my bodrhan and make it tuneful, still have a bit of a way to go, to get good at it.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
200 replies since Mar. 18 2006, 07:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (11) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net