Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: tubular.net playlist< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 25 2005, 20:27

while there's a new album from mike oldfield, we shouldn't feel so waiting :-) there's enough music here around to make a good long playlist.
for a start, these (alphabetically sorted by track's name):

1. blues _ brandon blume
2. eternity _ ian hubball
3. fallin _ edoardo fainello
4. finale tb tribute _ tubular.net people
5. fish bowl _ edoardo fainello
6. force 10 _ korgscrew
7. inside _ edoardo fainello
8. insomnia _ satyagraha
9. jungle gardenia _ salazar
10. la tempestad española _ brandon blume
11. nightfall _ satyagraha
12. oceania _ langdana
13. oclamoorie _ eeton
14. streaming _ ian hubball
15. transvaal _ satyagraha  

this is far from complete, i know. any other u'd add?

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Daddybird Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2005, 13:10

Fish Bowl from Darkenededo is amazing.
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 26 2005, 15:18

Nothing by me? oh :-/

anyway I would add some stuff by Crises, Khoa and Viper ;), just to name a few ;)

there are many artists who would deserve this kind of attention ;)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2005, 18:53

It's quite surprising to me that you included Oclamoorie but I'm glad anyway. :) I'd definitely add Viper's Blue Zone to the list.

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2005, 19:23

How about Brandon's Spiral Sky? Quite a fantastic track.

You know, I really should start downloading more of the fan tracks. There are some really great musicians here.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2005, 10:47

That's made me aware that I haven't submitted any original tracks here. I hope to do so one day :)

There are many other good fan tracks you could include, perhaps instead of Finale which is more of a cover

Having it on a CD is a bit old-fashioned now when they can just be downloaded, but with inlays there could be room for members to write liner notes about their tracks
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2005, 15:36

Quote (BOOsTER @ Feb. 26 2005, 21:18)
Nothing by me? oh :-/there are many artists who would deserve this kind of attention ;)

sorry booster, it isn't my intention to offend anyone... i said i know this list isn't complete, there are just six names on it and i do know there are many more musicians here.. it's just a start with my favourite fifteen pieces of music from tubular.net so far, but the list isn't closed.. i haven't listened to all the music here yet, so i'm sure i've missed some good tracks. this thread is to know about what others would include on a playlist, i'm sure some of yours will be.

Quote (EeToN @ Feb. 27 2005, 00:53)
It's quite surprising to me that you included Oclamoorie but I'm glad anyway.

why surprising? imho it's very well done, has all the good feeling of the handmade and the sound of your instruments is bright. i like the melody and the way u make it grow starting with the flute and going on with the other instruments into the climax with the electrical guitar, delicious oldfield flavour there.. it's convincing since the very first sounds of the drums.  
it gives the whole a cheerful moment. if some of the other tracks were serious novels, 'oclamoorie' would be an agile round tale.
i've settled it on the last place of the playlist because i really like the taste it leaves in my mouth :)

Quote (Jammer @ Feb. 27 2005, 16:47)
There are many other good fan tracks you could include, perhaps instead of Finale which is more of a cover

yes, when i browse here i usually prefer to listen to original music, but the two i chose are so well performed that i couldn't help including them. which two original tracks would u set in the list instead of (or besides) 'jungle gardenia' and the 'finale'?

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2005, 03:30

Quote (maria @ Feb. 27 2005, 21:36)
Quote (BOOsTER @ Feb. 26 2005, 21:18)
Nothing by me? oh :-/there are many artists who would deserve this kind of attention ;)

sorry booster, it isn't my intention to offend anyone... i said i know this list isn't complete, there are just six names on it and i do know there are many more musicians here.. it's just a start with my favourite fifteen pieces of music from tubular.net so far, but the list isn't closed.. i haven't listened to all the music here yet, so i'm sure i've missed some good tracks. this thread is to know about what others would include on a playlist, i'm sure some of yours will be.

hehe np dear maria ;) I was just saying what was expected from me :D and I was more joking than anything else...I don't feel offended at all...

Just wanted to point out that making a selection of such a big list of quality tracks is...not easy... :-)

--------------
Profile PM 
Satyagraha Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2005, 05:52

I'm very proud to be included thrice in this list. Thank you, Maria.

I'm afraid Insomnia is not available anymore, though. It can be reconstructed, though, should anyone be interested in my "early works".

--------------
Byrði betri berrat maðr brautu at en sé mannvit mikit
Profile PM WEB 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2005, 22:50

Quote (maria @ Feb. 27 2005, 21:36)
why surprising?

Of course, I like it too ;) but I didn't anticipate that others would like it as much as I do.

Thanks for the great review, I really appreciate it! :)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2005, 20:29

Actually, Satyagraha, I have Insomnia here somewhere. If you want it I can email it to you. But maybe you probably got rid of it for a reason lol. But if anyone else is curious about it I can upload it someplace I suppose, with Satyagraha's permission, of course.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2005, 04:30

Quote (Satyagraha @ Feb. 28 2005, 11:52)
I'm very proud to be included thrice in this list. Thank you, Maria.

I'm afraid Insomnia is not available anymore, though. It can be reconstructed, though, should anyone be interested in my "early works".

when u say reconstruction, do u mean a variation of the original? i'd be glad to listen to it if some day u did so.
'nightfall' and 'transvaal'are imho very mature works, they both have got breathtaking moments, but also after time 'insomnia' is still suggesting. i like the climax at the beginning, and how the piece softens from there. with its title on mind, it made me think it could be, besides your own former intention, also a good description  of a blank night. the beginning would mark those uneasy moments in which one knows there will be no sleep, the initial chords on the keyboards and guitar are awaken indeed !! i like very much that section. then, there's sort'of resignation and i feel the insomniac relaxing and letting his memories wander around, they appear in the soft sounds u set in the background: distant bells, quiet footsteps, voices, some birds.. whispers that turn into a lullaby when most of the instruments clear near the end.
it seems your music doesn't get dry with time. that's one of the reasons to like it.  

i can't criticise u from the technical point of view not being a musician myself, i'll leave that for others, but in general i like your blend of brilliant guitar playing and complex backgrounds. thank u for sharing and keep on working please :)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Mar. 07 2005, 16:05

Giong through my archives of Tubular.net stuff, I'd pick these tracks myself. Not in order of greatness to least, but as I would put them on the cd more or less (if it would fit). Some of this stuff is really old so I don't know if a lot of people here would remember some. I don't even remember who made half of them lol.

Disc 1

1- Columbia (?)
2- Cylindrical (Christopher Byrne)
3- Sailor's Warning (Khoa Tran)
4- Electronic (Johnny Bancroft)
5- Wednesday (Equinoxe)
6- Shoal (Eeton)
7- Red Shift (Khoa Tran)
8- Spacewalk (Cold Sun)
9- CandyRehab (Yuval)
10- Saga (Eeton)
11- Delirium (Khoa Tran)
12- Force 10 (Korgscrew)
13- Tubular Games Part 1 (DarkenEdo)
14- Surrounded By Spirits (Khoa Tran)
15- Farewell March (Khoa Tran)
16- Inside (DarkenEdo)
17- Fish Bowl (DarkenEdo)
18- August (Satyagraha)
19- Nightfall (Satyagraha)
20- The Crying Musician (DarkenEdo)
21- Opus Part 1 (Johnny Bancroft)
22- Opus Part 2 (Johnny Bancroft)
23- Merry Xmas, Mr. Lawrence (DarkenEdo)
24- Last Flight of Jonathan Livingstone (DarkenEdo)
25- Oclamoorie (Eeton)

Disc 2

1- Cooler3 (?)
2- Lontano (Atman)
3- Begin (?)
4- Atlántida (Andy Lucas)
5- Joel's Theme (Glenn Ferris)
6- La conquista del Tiempo (Andy Lucas)
7- Guitarish (Booster)
8- Astigma (Satyagraha)
9- Orchestronic (?)
10- Andyman (Mats J Larsson)
11- The Bell of the Old Town (Glenn Ferris)
12- Rough (?)
13- Songs From Tr3s Lunas (?)
14- Woman in the Snow (Ricken)
15- Acoustic Ballad (Booster)
16- Decisions (Booster)
17- Insomnia (Satyagraha)
18- Far Beyond (Booster)
19- Red Shift (Booster Remix)
20- ScratchHead (Booster)
21- Blue Zone (Viper)

DarkenEdo could have his own cd with all the tunes I have of him! lol Anyways, there's my basic list.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Mar. 07 2005, 17:02

I tried to put my own playlist together a while ago, but more great new tracks keep coming in.

If someone were to go to the trouble of getting permission of all these artistes, then collect high quality versions and burn them, I for one would part with cash for it. Then all we would need is a respected musician of, say, 30+ years experience and at least 4 albums with the letters "T" & "B" in the title, to add their endorsment. Ther are examples of other fan sites releasing "inspired by" albums, so it can work.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Yuval Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Mar. 08 2005, 02:44

Hi Musically Inspired
Thanks for counting me in, I began losing faith :)
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2005, 05:13

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Mar. 07 2005, 22:05)
Disc 2

7- Guitarish (?)
12- Rough (?)

haha first thanks for putting so many of mine in Brandon ;)

and...I think I am responsible for Rough and Guitarish

Guitarish - is a play with reorganized loops from the Reason Reffil called +240db or something like that
Rough - is very early beginning of Crises' electronic part from his looong instrumental...he gave me just a few bars and was curious what can I come up with ...

Though I am not 100% sure and I don't wanna steal anyone's fame for the tracks...would have to listen them...but I believe that guitarish is 90% really what I think... :)

--------------
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 08 2005, 10:40

Ah yes I think I remember Guitarish being yours, Booster :). But as for Rough. I have to files named Rough. One is Ruogh1 which I know is yours which is you playing guitar over a piano piece. The other (the one I included on my list) is an almost sad-sounding tune with bell-like instruments. If it's the beginning of Crises' instrumental then maybe it is yours.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Satyagraha Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2005, 18:18

when u say reconstruction, do u mean a variation of the original? i'd be glad to listen to it if some day u did so.

Yes. A re-recording of some parts and a remix. I quite like some of the music, but I had no experience in recording when I did it, so it sounded rather trashy, as far as I remember. The rerecording will have to wait till late spring, there's just too much work and no play these days. It's a sad thing having to work for a living. At least every day.

I'd of course grant you permission to upload it, MusicallyInspired. That is, if anyone's interested.

And again, thank you for your nice words on my music, Maria.

--------------
Byrði betri berrat maðr brautu at en sé mannvit mikit
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Mar. 08 2005, 19:15

Ok, well if anyone is still interested, I'll have it up here for a little while:

http://smc.sq7.org/miscfile/brandon/insomnia.mp3

As of right now I'm still uploading it so if anyone has trouble getting the file that's why.

Truly great stuff you right, too, Satyagraha. Just as inspiring as MO, IMO.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Mar. 08 2005, 19:36

You know I've been listening to my playlist here and it's really quite excellent. It's good to remenice (I KNOW I got the spelling wrong there lol) on old tunes that the people here have made. I might just burn these cds! :)

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
34 replies since Feb. 25 2005, 20:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net