Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular.Net Music Showcase No.2, Guitars< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
4thEden Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 06 2012, 14:38

OK folks, a few days to go on 'Guitars' showcase... I'm opening to suggestions for a new theme... The next one will start on the 12th February...

--------------
Composin' until I'm decomposin'

http://soundcloud.com/quietman
www.4th-Eden.com
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2012, 15:03

:/ :/ ...i've said to someone that i surely didn't make mine for this time because of ... because of ... but i've tried to finish it anyway and now i'm seeing that it will not be done in time ! Sorry Martin !

...i can try to do it anyway and present it to you but in this case it will not be really well produced !
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2012, 05:20

Well Philppe, i know you demand high standards, but surely it cannot be produced any worse than mine?

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2012, 15:04

...Sorry Martin i was in a weird/bad/sad mood these last few weeks and didn't want too much to make music ... i would loved to present you the track but it's not finished yet ....so i'll keep it for a next time .

EDIT:

@Oblique : Everyone has to start one day ! Keep up the good vibes !
Profile PM 
4thEden Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2012, 16:36

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Feb. 07 2012, 15:04)
...Sorry Martin i was in a weird/bad/sad mood these last few weeks and didn't want too much to make music ... i would loved to present you the track but it's not finished yet ....so i'll keep it for a next time .

EDIT:

Phil

I understand...I'm going through a bad period at the moment.. in fact... I even am disappointed in the quality of my latest track... (the one entered on the Guitars showcase)... the next day I tried to write something new and I couldn't so at the moment I think.. I want to stop writing...

I'm deliberately not going into Sonar at the moment even though I have a new melody in my head.. I suppose I'm decomposing at the moment...

--------------

www.4th-Eden.com
Profile PM 
Ginger Daddy Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2012, 17:04

Quote (4thEden @ Feb. 07 2012, 21:36)
Quote (Tubular Tos @ Feb. 07 2012, 15:04)

EDIT:

Phil

I understand...I'm going through a bad period at the moment.. in fact... I even am disappointed in the quality of my latest track... (the one entered on the Guitars showcase)... the next day I tried to write something new and I couldn't so at the moment I think.. I want to stop writing...

I'm deliberately not going into Sonar at the moment even though I have a new melody in my head.. I suppose I'm decomposing at the moment...

That's really sad to hear, both of you. I went through the same last year - I spent about a month without actually composing anything (and when I tried to finish some tracks I'd started they ended up worse).

But... I think when I "got over it" I started to produce some of the best music of my life (or at least it's had the most favourable comments).

So, hurry up and get over it - I want to hear what your new wave of inspiration can produce!

Cheers,
Terry.

--------------
http://purplerhapsody.co.uk - no words, just emotions
Profile PM WEB 
Branston P Offline

Posted: Feb. 08 2012, 04:22

I've uploaded my geetar track entry and you can find it at my soundcloud site. It's called Saloon Door.

soundcloud.com/dunlooser

--------------
http://soundcloud.com/dunlooser
Profile PM 
Branston P Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2012, 05:21

Quote (Branston P @ Feb. 08 2012, 04:22)
I've uploaded my geetar track entry and you can find it at my soundcloud site. It's called Saloon Door.

soundcloud.com/dunlooser

Well that appears to have fallen on deaf ears yet again. Thanks. Time to log out. :(

--------------
http://soundcloud.com/dunlooser
Profile PM 
Ginger Daddy Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2012, 09:00

Quote (Branston P @ Feb. 09 2012, 10:21)

soundcloud.com/dunlooser

Well that appears to have fallen on deaf ears yet again. Thanks. Time to log out. :(

Grumpy much? :)

Listened this morning - enjoyed it!

Happy?

Cheers,
Terry.

--------------
http://purplerhapsody.co.uk - no words, just emotions
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2012, 10:24

Quote (Branston P @ Feb. 09 2012, 11:21)

soundcloud.com/dunlooser

:O  :O lol sorry didn't seen it was you lol ...several identities !lol

:p

no worries i'm going to listen to it right now !!!
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2012, 08:03

@branston p / dunlooser:
Not that i take this personally, but this is the first time i visit this forum since  feb.7th. People got lives outside Tub.net you know...
:cool:

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2012, 08:14

;) ...and Oblique is a truck/lorry driver too ! ....
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2012, 09:39

0h, and one more thing mr. Brown. I consider you to be one of the talented musicians here, so there's no need to worry. You'll get all the attention you deserve in due time...

--------------
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 11 2012, 17:21

Shouldn't we be supporting each other here and not bickering???
This feels a bit cliquey here these days....pity.

There's no discussion about the tracks and how people approached the theme.

What a shame  :/
Profile PM 
4thEden Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2012, 17:47

Quote (Milamber @ Feb. 11 2012, 17:21)
Shouldn't we be supporting each other here and not bickering???
This feels a bit cliquey here these days....pity.

There's no discussion about the tracks and how people approached the theme.

What a shame  :/

I totally agree Cam.....

I've kept quiet for a few days for various reasons... but it does seem these days on Tub.net its quite a lonely place to be and sometimes its a bit schizophrenic here as you end up talking to yourself!

Today's the day I wrap up this showcase and it seems (apart from a few of us) as Branston P put it, it falls on deaf ears... but as someone else said we all have lives to lead so... people will visit when they can...

I had hoped that not only the musicians but the other non-musician forum members would like to contribute with comments on the music we put out. Perhaps the music is not to the tastes of the forum members?

OK, I like MO but apart from a few tracks I've written I really do not want to sound like him but he will always be an influence on me...I have my own style as does Cam, Terry, Phil, Kev to name but a few of my good friends here...(sorry if I missed anyone off).

So a dilemma, is there enough momentum to start the 3rd showcase.. in some respects this is exactly what I expected... at first we have quite a few tracks with a 2nd showcase that drops a little.. and a 3rd (whatever theme I decide and still open to suggestions...) might be very quick to listen to!!

Yes, it would be great for more feedback from members (if you write music or you just enjoy listening to it)... over to you...

--------------

www.4th-Eden.com
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 11 2012, 20:43

Let's keep it going as this years Album project is scrapped.

Here's a few ideas.

A Children's song.
Only One instrument.
Dark Ambience.
Heavy Metal/Hard Rock.
Underwater theme.
Space theme.
Or how about Drums as the main ingredient just like Guitars for the last one.

And a flexible finish date may help those suffering time constraints and writers block.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2012, 20:59

I've got a bit of catching up to do with this thread.... Currently listening to "Dreaming on a Milk Sky", which soars along wonderfully ethereally...

For what it's worth, my top three tub.net pieces of the last year are:

"Blue Lightning 5"
"Breakout"
"Hands Across the Mountain (Tub 2 mix)".
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2012, 06:21

:D Cameron don't forget we have more or less 8 hours time difference so when you wake up i'm still in my dreams and i'm sleeping like a baby .  ;)

...again we have to live our lifes , last week i've was close to have made 50/60 hours of work from monday to friday , so when i go back to home and i sit in front of my pc,  sorry but i fall asleep !

..i try to listen all the tracks but i'm sorry i can' comment all ..it doesn't mean i don't like them ...

...my suggestion for a next showcase ?

to use a "fairlight vst instrument" in the track ...

Amities à vous tous mes amis !!!;)
Profile PM 
4thEden Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2012, 14:54

Quote (nightspore @ Feb. 11 2012, 20:59)
I've got a bit of catching up to do with this thread.... Currently listening to "Dreaming on a Milk Sky", which soars along wonderfully ethereally...

For what it's worth, my top three tub.net pieces of the last year are:

"Blue Lightning 5"
"Breakout"
"Hands Across the Mountain (Tub 2 mix)".

nice to see you back Dan!

--------------

www.4th-Eden.com
Profile PM 
4thEden Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2012, 14:56

OK, Thanks to Cam I've got a Baldrick cunning plan.... so new thread about to start with a new theme....

--------------

www.4th-Eden.com
Profile PM 
59 replies since Jan. 07 2012, 19:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net