Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular.net download centre< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 05 2006, 18:19

lyricless.com has another new home page! ;)

It's a similar concept to the one I did a few days ago, but now it includes a lot more information.

Read more here: http://www.lyricless.com/view_article?id=405

See the home page here: http://www.lyricless.com

NEW: As a result of this new home page, we now have an artist A-Z under "Artist Showcase".  Well, it's actually a B-T as we don't have everyone on there yet.  If some of your tracks are posted at lyricless.com but DCDayDreamer is still listed as the owner, register a username and PM me with details of what your username is and which tracks you own.  I'll make you the author of the tracks AND add you to the Artist Showcase.

Oh, and in other news, lyricless.com had 961 unique visitors in August - the highest so far!  Thanks to everyone for your continued support! :D

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 05 2006, 19:04

Ben, great new look. But I'm getting a few blank pages, e.g. the help page. I guess some of the links are broken. I'll PM you with more details.

We really need some of the original artistes to get signed up there, the site is gathering momentum now and it's a shame they aren't posting their own tracks.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2006, 04:39

Thanks Olrac.  I saw your post over at the lyricless forums, so I presume I don't have to look into anything? ;)

Blank pages do occur from time to time, possibly due to the site being busy.  Last night the site had some downtime for this reason, but my web host was very helpful in resolving this.  I've also made some slight modifications to the code that might help the situation in future.

Let me know if you get any regular errors and I can have another look.

I agree that more people need to sign up.  Perhaps when DC has put all of the tracks up (I'm not sure how many are left to do) we can make a list of the musicians who haven't signed up yet, but who have tracks over there.  Earlier in this thread, DC posted a list of the tracks he couldn't access from various people, but I'm not sure if anyone has sent him anything as a result.

PS Not sure if you noticed this in the sleeve notes for my album (under Future Projects) - I'd still like to provide some sort of file hosting at lyricless.  I can't do anything about this until November, as we are moving to Australia next month and it will take time to get settled.  After that, we can consider it as a real option - and I think it could be a very good thing to do!

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
DCDayDreamer Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2006, 09:03

Quote (Moz @ Sep. 06 2006, 04:39)
Earlier in this thread, DC posted a list of the tracks he couldn't access from various people, but I'm not sure if anyone has sent him anything as a result.

There are still a lot of tracks missing from the Tubular.net Download Centre, here's the lists from the previous posts...

Missing Fan Remixes:

Ambient Guitars & Mastermind posted by Dominik M
The time Has Come (KJV Mix) posted by Scojat
Millenium Bell posted by DBZLuisD
Definitive Tubular Bells posted by cmo
In Heaven posted by OldfieldVR

Missing Fan Cover Tracks:

Amarok posted by akane
Jubilo posted by bitfidus
North Star posted by bitfidus
Tribute posted by bitfidus
In The Pool posted by Booster
Muse [Mix 2] posted by Booster
Muse [Trance Mix] posted by Booster
The Doge's Pallace posted by Booster
The Lake posted by Booster
The Source of Secrets posted by Booster
Five Miles Out posted by cambridge
Yet another Tubular Bell type thingy posted by ColdSun2003
Fast Guitar (TB1) posted by Crises
Moonlight stroll posted by Crises
Dodge's Palace (New Millennium) posted by DBZLuisD
Hergest Ridge pt.2 (Extract) posted by DBZLuisD
Platinum P3 posted by DBZLuisD
Top of the morning posted by DBZLuisD
Tres Lunas and Tubular Bells 2 Bites posted by DBZLuisD
Amarok Bit posted by Ecco
Many Tubular Bells posted by Ecco
Moonlight Sha-DOW posted by Ecco
North Point posted by Ecco
Sunrise posted by ian
Hiawatha Group Demo posted by Ktran
TB Intro (Spanish Guitar) posted by ktran
Just another TB posted by lunarian
Muse posted by MaS
Ommadawn Part 1 posted by MaS
Tubular Bells Part 1 (Preview) posted by MusicallyInspired
Tubular Bells *Short* Intro posted by MusicallyInspired
Snow Cavern Flight posted by Ostach
Tubular Bells Introduction posted by RautenkranzMT
Incantations 3 on ZX Spectrum posted by Shingebis
Amarok (Far-above-the-clouds remix) posted by Square
Celt posted by tommes
Jungle Gardenia posted by tommes
Oldfield's single from '74 posted by tommes
Punkadiddle for Babies posted by tommes
Taurus III posted by Tommes
My "Fast Guitars & Basses" posted by Viper
Profile PM 
m0d Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2006, 04:31

I spotted this thread and thought it was a nice idea, so I have registered and put one submission up already.
Profile PM WEB 
Moz Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2006, 05:10

Thanks for registering, m0d.  if you have any suggestions for the site please post them here ;)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Moz Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2006, 03:51

Apologies if you have been having problems accessing lyricless.com this week.  This was caused by moving the site to a new server.  Everything should be working fine now.

If there were any updates made in the last few days, they were most likely overwritten by my backups (which I did on 14th November, so not that long ago).

And if you're interested in the detail, here it is:
The databases on benbarden.com and lyricless.com have always used the same name as my username was the same for both sites.  This wasn't a problem until the two sites were moved to the same server, and one database overwrote the other.  One site worked, one didn't.  Then when my web host restored from a backup, the broken site worked and the working site broke.  Eventually it got so confusing trying to explain the situation that I took the matter into my own hands and sorted it all out.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Moz Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2006, 20:12

Faith by Edoardo Fainello is the latest "Recommended" track on the lyricless.com home page.

http://www.lyricless.com/view_article?id=459

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Nov. 18 2006, 21:15

i have a disco mix by mike.
It is someone who have mixed it into one hour music.
Maybe we should upload it?
it is made by KIK3.

and there is also a album called;
Good mixes
KIK3

01 Alpine Gold
02 Climax Guitars
03 Peace (1973-2003)
04 In Heaven
05 Campanas Tubulares Tr3s
06 Churchill y Excalibur
07 Guitars
08 The Best Of Ommadawn

would be nice to upload or what?  :D

im sorry for being slow to help but im kind of busy with my own mixing those days!  ;)

Anyway, if someone wish a artwork for album or something, i can do it!!  :cool:

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Moz Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 23:50

Hi Tubularman!

Sorry for being slow to reply.  I suggest that you send a private message to DCDayDreamer and he will upload the tracks for you.  They are certainly very welcome on the site. :)

To everyone - here is some news!

Registered users now have a really easy way to see what's new across the whole site.

Simply click on UserCP at the bottom of any page (you must be logged in to do this). You'll see New for You on the right-hand side. This shows any new articles, edited articles or articles with comments. Clicking on the links will remove them from the list automatically.

A maximum of 15 items will be displayed. Clicking on the items that are shown will allow new entries to be added to the list. The newest items will always be at the top, so you won't miss out on new additions if you haven't read everything on the site.

Hope you find this new feature useful.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Moz Offline

Posted: May 20 2007, 08:27

lyricless.com now has tags.  This should make it a lot easier to find tracks on the site.  So far I have only tagged the tracks in Cover Tracks and Remixes.  Fan Tracks will be done soon.

More info on what this all means:
http://www.lyricless.com/view_article.php?id=628

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Moz Offline

Posted: June 27 2007, 05:02

I finally found the time to tag everything in Fan Tracks.  You will see some of the tags on the Tag Map.  You can also click on a tag from any track page to view other pages with that tag.

The URLs will be changing soon, so please don't bookmark them just yet.  Once the URLs are set, I'll update the Musician A-Z to include every musician whether they have a username at lyricless.com or not.

It's just about to get loads easier to use the site  :cool:

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Moz Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2007, 22:06

We now have Similar Content at lyricless.com.  This uses the tags for each track to display other tracks with one or more of the same tags.  You can see it in action here:

http://www.lyricless.com/view_article.php?id=133 (Tubular Bells Part 2 by Yugi Hara)

Note the list on the right-hand side of the page.  It displays some other tracks by Yugi Hara, and some other versions of Tubular Bells Part 2.

I've noticed that some of the tracks are not tagged as well as they could be, so I'll be looking to improve them.  This will improve the quality of the similar content list.

Hopefully this will help you to find tracks you didn't even know about!  :cool:

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
92 replies since Mar. 18 2006, 19:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net