Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular.net download centre< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 27 2006, 12:21

I've gotta go to school, I'll try and find time when I get home.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
DCDayDreamer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 27 2006, 15:49

Just to get the ball rolling I've posted some tracks by Tihon Tibor (aka EeToN on this forum), I'm uploading all my archive via FTP as I'm typing this so the lot should be available this weekend. I still need to sort out the names of the musicians for real credits (not just Tubular.net forum user names).

Musician homepage and email addresses might be useful in the comments field for the tracks, so if anyone can help out please do.
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Posted: April 27 2006, 16:42

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, DC. :) By the way, if you're uploading other people's music and those people sign up at lyricless.com sometime in the future, I can amend the articles to use the musician as the author.  I've set up a support forum to deal with things like this: http://www.lyricless.com/index?sec=8

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
DCDayDreamer Offline

Posted: April 27 2006, 17:58

Actually, it should be me thanking you for turning the download centre into a reality Moz, nice one!.

I've added some more entries for Edoardo Feinello (aka DarkenedEdo).

If any of the musicians want to use their own homepage/server to host the tracks - feel free to edit the entries accordingly.
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Posted: April 27 2006, 18:09

Happy to help, DC. :) By the way, if you or anyone else wants to recommend tracks for Editor's Pick, please feel free.  It might take a while to go through all of the tracks when they're up!!

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
DCDayDreamer Offline

Posted: April 28 2006, 09:47

if you're uploading other people's music and those people sign up at lyricless.com sometime in the future, I can amend the articles to use the musician as the author.

Excellent idea, it would also be better for the musician to put his own description, homepage link, email link etc. in there anyway (that's why I've left the field blank by the way).

Would it be possible for you to make two sub-categories for the download centre?, one for cover versions and one for remixes?.
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Posted: April 28 2006, 11:54

If I change the author of an article, the new author will be able to edit the article to their heart's content.

I can make additional areas, although at the moment they can't actually be subareas of the existing download area - I'd just need to have multiple download areas under Music.  This shouldn't cause a problem though.

"one for cover versions and one for remixes"

Do you actually mean one for Cover Tracks, one for Fan Remixes and one for Fan Tracks?  as that's how things are split up here.  Which tracks have you been added so far - the fan tracks?

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
DCDayDreamer Offline

Posted: April 28 2006, 17:27

Do you actually mean one for Cover Tracks, one for Fan Remixes and one for Fan Tracks?  as that's how things are split up here.

Yes that's what I mean, sorry I didn't explain it a bit better.

Which tracks have you been added so far - the fan tracks?

Only fan tracks have been added so far, I've not uploaded the cover and remix tracks to the site yet (this good weather is keeping me outdoors). :)
Profile PM 
Langdana Offline

Posted: April 29 2006, 01:22

Hi DCDAYDREAMER and MOZ,

Today I read your thread about the tubular.net downloadcenter . It’s a very good idea to collect all the tracks on one page and to make it possible to download them. I also saw that my music tracks are also inside. Thanks a lot that my music is a part of it!! You can use each track I post in at tubular.net! Your idea is really good. You help us artists to spread out  the music in the world.  Keep going on with that page and I hope that a lot of users of tubular.net get a notice of that page!

Greetings
J. Lang
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Posted: April 29 2006, 11:58

Right, I've added an area for cover tracks.  It doesn't look like there are many remixes though.  Can we combine cover tracks and remixes into one area?  There doesn't seem to be much point in having cover tracks and remixes separarely when there are so few remixes.

Langdana, now that you've signed up, I've changed all of your tracks so that you are the owner.  You'll be able to edit them if you wish.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 29 2006, 12:28

This whole thing is a great idea, and I'd just like to say thanks to Moz, DCDaydreamer, and all the fine musicians who are offering their music here.
Profile PM 
DCDayDreamer Offline

Posted: April 30 2006, 17:35

This is taking longer than I anticipated, I've been busy outdoors most of the weekend but I hope to get all the music in my archive posted within a week, there's 71 Fan tracks available for now so it should keep any visitors happy (at least for a while), I've also added 5 tracks by Tommes to the Fan covers section to get the ball rolling there.

If anyone finds a broken link, could you please post the track name and musician?, it's probably going to be a url typo on my part.
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Posted: April 30 2006, 18:18

Great work, DC!  I've been through every single track you've posted and checked the download links (although I cancelled the downloads immediately, to save bandwidth).  They all work absolutely fine.  So at least for now, there won't be any broken links.

I've been busy with Majestic CMS, fixing various issues that I've found in the latest version and will be updating lyricless.com with the new version soon.  I'm also backing up the database to protect the work you've put in so far.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
DCDayDreamer Offline

Posted: May 01 2006, 08:24

Right, I've added an area for cover tracks.  It doesn't look like there are many remixes though.  Can we combine cover tracks and remixes into one area?  There doesn't seem to be much point in having cover tracks and remixes separarely when there are so few remixes.

I'm adding the Fan Remixes into the Fan Covers section of the download centre and putting '(Fan Remix)' on the end of the post so the visitors can distinguish between tracks. I'm missing some Fan Remix tracks, if anyone has them, can they post a url or upload them somewhere please?, the list of missing tracks is below:

Ambient Guitars & Mastermind posted by Dominik M
The time Has Come (KJV Mix) posted by Scojat
Millenium Bell posted by DBZLuisD
Definitive Tubular Bells posted by cmo
In Heaven posted by OldfieldVR
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Posted: May 01 2006, 12:51

That looks good to me.  I haven't got any of the files you listed, but I have checked the links of the ones you've put up so far, and they all work fine.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Moz Offline

Posted: May 02 2006, 18:01

There was a problem with user registration.  It is fixed now.  So if anyone tried to sign up and couldn't do it, you might want to try again.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
DCDayDreamer Offline

Posted: May 07 2006, 13:57

Hey Moz, I'm getting this error message on screen when trying to post an article:

'Out of memory at line: 41' :/
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Posted: May 07 2006, 17:59

hmm that's very odd, I have never seen that error before...

What browser are you using (and what version)?  Have you tried using any other browsers?
Exactly when does the error occur?  How much can you do before it happens?
Any idea what kind of error it is? e.g. does it appear in a message box, or is it shown on the screen?

As much info as possible would help greatly :)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
DCDayDreamer Offline

Posted: May 08 2006, 03:43

Sorry Moz, my description was pretty vague to say the least wasn't it? (not exactly what you'd call a bug report).
I'm using IE 6.0.xxxx, the same version I've been using to post since registering at lyricless (haven't tried any other browser). I can browse the site and log in just fine, when I click the link 'add an article', the page loads and a message box error pops up (check the picture in the link below). If I close the box I can still type in all the info for the article, when I click the link to submit the article the same message box pops up (tried it three times with the same result).
Message Box Error
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Posted: May 08 2006, 13:54

Hmm.  I've tried to reproduce the problem in IE6, IE7 and Firefox 1.5... and can't seem to get it to occur.  I've found a possible reason why this was occurring and made a small change, perhaps you could try it again?  I'd suggest that you refresh the page to ensure that the new code is picked up.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
92 replies since Mar. 18 2006, 19:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net