Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular X< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Fox Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 09 2000, 11:20

Because this is about a single, I don't know where else to ask about this.

I hear that Mike wrote some of the music to the "X Files" Movie...but it's a hidden track on the US releases (why?). Is it used in the movie? If so, where? The ending credits, perhaps? If not, where can I hear it?
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2000, 13:06

Yeah he did do a slight re-mix of The X-Files theme. I know that it is on the Europe version of the soundtrack, but i don't think it's on the US's version at all. SIGH. i've heard it though on an .mp3. it sounds pretty cool. Don't remember where i got the .mp3 though frown

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2000, 13:30

Wait! i found it. here's an .mp3 of Tubular X
http://utenti.tripod.it:81/MikeOldfield/TubularX.mp3

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Fox Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2000, 14:30

Thanks! Sounds great. The link to it on RareOldfield is broken. I know I've heard parts of it within the movie! Hard to place it though. Next time I see it I'll have to listen carefully for it. I seem to remember it being used in the foreground during their drive to find the tankers, just before they reach the corn field....on that long dirt road.

Sometimes, I wish he'd expand singles (like Pictures In The Dark, The Trap, and now this Tubular X) into full albums. This single is begging for more to it! lol. I can see it now: Tubular Bells IV: The Creepy Side of The Bell. Hey, I'd like to hear some creepy, haunting music out of Mike ;-).

Thanks again.
Profile PM 
bennyboy Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2000, 07:45

Or how about doing a whole soundtrack album? That would be much better than "Tubular Bells IV" or whatever. And scoring a sci-fi movie would be more suited to Mike's style than a serious historical epic like "The Killing Fields". (although that is by no means a shabby album you understand...)

Originally posted by Fox:
Thanks! Sounds great. The link to it on RareOldfield is broken. I know I've heard parts of it within the movie! Hard to place it though. Next time I see it I'll have to listen carefully for it. I seem to remember it being used in the foreground during their drive to find the tankers, just before they reach the corn field....on that long dirt road.

Sometimes, I wish he'd expand singles (like Pictures In The Dark, The Trap, and now this Tubular X) into full albums. This single is begging for more to it! lol. I can see it now: Tubular Bells IV: The Creepy Side of The Bell. Hey, I'd like to hear some creepy, haunting music out of Mike ;-).

Thanks again.

Profile PM 
4 replies since Sep. 09 2000, 11:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net