Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (45) < ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Net 2011, The Album< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 892 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 25 2011, 08:26

I didn't plan on posting any more, but you should know that I had completely forgotten about the money. Sorry. I guess I think it's just too bad that the album isn't hosted anywhere anymore.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 25 2011, 09:50

So, as I understand it, it's absolutely impossible to host the album on some free website?

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 10:27

:/  :O  :( ... oh God !! ..What could i tell you  to show how i'm so sad ! ...i don't know what happened , and it's very well like this , i don't read all the posts on Tubular.net so i certainly didn't seen the post with the origin of the problem ...

anyways , i agree with Sir Mustapha , any chance to host it in a free website ?
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 10:53

:/ ..i don't know if it's possible but maybe tubular.net could help to host the website if it's useable "elsewhere /other than" on weebly.com .

hope Cameron is still in good terms with tubular.net .... :/
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 16:44

The Spanish Tracker
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: July 29 2011, 02:41

This is for Phil and all the other Muso's  :D

I have transferred the website account to a free one and it will remain as it is, many features are gone but it's there for posterity.

It was a pleasure working with you all.

The Tubular Net Album 2011
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: July 29 2011, 03:03

Quote (Milamber @ July 29 2011, 02:41)
This is for Phil and all the other Muso's  :D

I have transferred the website account to a free one and it will remain as it is, many features are gone but it's there for posterity.

The Tubular Net Album 2011

We salute you Milamber.

A last "ging gang goolie" for the Last Boy Scout.  :)
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 29 2011, 04:23

Quote (Milamber @ July 29 2011, 08:41)

;)  Please Cameron could you speak correctly ? ..not " it was " but ..." it is " ! ;)  ;)

We need of you !!!

:) I would like to point you out that you started the next Tubular Awards so now you have to finish what you have started  !  :)  
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 29 2011, 04:24

:) ohh Cameron !! I forgot to tell you thanks a lot since now the link to our weebly website works again on my flash website ! ;)
Profile PM 
bob the screamer Offline

Posted: July 29 2011, 13:58

Great Milamber! That's really good news, thank you :)

--------------
New free album out:

http://www.bobthescreamer.com/music/twinety-twine/
Profile PM 
Michael Hilton Offline

Posted: July 30 2011, 18:45

Quote (Milamber @ July 25 2011, 06:01)
Sorry Phil .
It has been taken down permanently.
The Admins have already received my resignation from Tubular Net.
I wont be coming back here again.
Thanks for being a great friend and that goes for a lot of other people here as well.

You can always contact me through my email address if you ever want to talk.

The last thing I ever wanted to do was leave but due to the Misinterpretation that happens on the Internet and the trouble that can cause I find it's not worth the aggravation to continue posting here.

Truly disappointing.
It's sad to think after all of the efforts that Cameron has put forward with the Album, and this is the outcome.
And now the Hibernaculum has been shut down.
It's a sad day for me.
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: July 31 2011, 09:48

Did you get my message, Michael?
Profile PM 
Michael Hilton Offline

Posted: July 31 2011, 16:07

Quote (Syd B @ July 31 2011, 22:48)
Did you get my message, Michael?

I did thanks Syd.
I'll check it out this week.... Mike.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2011, 11:20

Not trying to start a fight here, but I always thought and felt that the album was a collaborative work, a group effort representing the community as a whole, a project carried out by several people (me included) and featuring the works of a dozen artists and musicians -- and not the inhuman sacrifice of a single Messiah. I spent effort and time (which could have been invested in other personal projects, or simply on watching films or sleeping) on the album, I volunteered myself and I never charged anything; and such was the case for several people here, people who made texts, pictures, songs and whatever else. However, our effort is not reason for mourning.

No, I don't care that my name isn't mentioned and that's not the reason why I joined the project. What I care about is what this album represents: collectivity.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
bee Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2011, 12:34

I am not wanting to provoke anything either...but I would like to say my problem was not with the album itself AT ALL. I think I made my positive appreciation clear throughout the process...all contributions I felt were superb ~ I still feel the same way and the idea of the album was truly inspirational....we all worked damned hard on it in our own individual ways. And it was quite something to watch it evolve.

My issue was with the Hibernaculum...and the way it sort of permeated this site...which led me to doubt motives and aims of some.

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2011, 13:37

Quote (bee @ Aug. 01 2011, 18:34)
I am not wanting to provoke anything either...but I would like to say my problem was not with the album itself AT ALL. I think I made my positive appreciation clear throughout the process...all contributions I felt were superb ~ I still feel the same way and the idea of the album was truly inspirational....we all worked damned hard on it in our own individual ways. And it was quite something to watch it evolve.

My issue was with the Hibernaculum...and the way it sort of permeated this site...which led me to doubt motives and aims of some.

I'm going to speak for the Hibernaculum. Oh and I dont want to start anything either.

I think its destruction speaks volumes. At least only those involved saw and experienced that.

If you could have all given it time....................to make its apologies, set a few things straight, and evolve then I'm sure anybody could have reaped rewards from that forum. I have, I'm just sorry no one saw it's true potential.

Never mind a couple of us still have the Last Chance Saloon. That will never die. WHY.......................because if there's a misinterpertration then we work it out and get it cleared up. ITS EASY. Goddamn we miss Cam tho. :cool:
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2011, 14:26

Quote (dunlooser @ Aug. 01 2011, 19:37)
we miss Cam tho.

that's only what i feel !
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2011, 16:11

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ Aug. 01 2011, 11:20)
Not trying to start a fight here, but I always thought and felt that the album was a collaborative work, a group effort representing the community as a whole, a project carried out by several people (me included) and featuring the works of a dozen artists and musicians -- and not the inhuman sacrifice of a single Messiah. I spent effort and time (which could have been invested in other personal projects, or simply on watching films or sleeping) on the album, I volunteered myself and I never charged anything; and such was the case for several people here, people who made texts, pictures, songs and whatever else. However, our effort is not reason for mourning.

No, I don't care that my name isn't mentioned and that's not the reason why I joined the project. What I care about is what this album represents: collectivity.

Just be glad that he put it back up at all. If I hadn't gotten in touch with him he would have left it down.
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2011, 16:13

Quote (bee @ Aug. 01 2011, 12:34)

From an outsider's point of view, I can see how some things could be misconstrued. Don't worry about it any more, though - it's gone. Milamber took it down with barely any warning. Nightspore and Dunlooser lost lyrics they were working on there. I still don't really understand what happened. :/
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2011, 17:58

I have just started to see the threads about the tubular.net group website. Quite frankly I'm shocked!!

I have been tied up with other things like running a cafe in the summer and finishing off my CD so I don't come here too often at the moment.

I'm not sure what triggered these events as I'm probably out of the loop but perhaps contributions to the website should have been forthcoming to Milamber but taking it down so suddenly wasn't a good move as Sir Mustapha said the website was a collaborative effort by many involved and it should have been discussed by PM about the future running of the site.

I would be happy to help maintain it/or help in re-deploying the site (if need be) but this is something that I can do only in autum/winter time when our business starts to go quiet.
Profile PM 
899 replies since Jan. 11 2011, 21:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (45) < ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net