Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (45) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Net 2011, The Album< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 06:11

[quote=milamber,Jan. 17 2011, 05:57]The Knights of the Bell.

Moonknight Shadows.

When the Knights on Fire.

Only in the Blue Knight.

Tricks of the Knight.

See the Knight.

Let There Be Knight.

Amber Knight.

Did I miss any  :)  :)

Only the knights who say "ni!"  :laugh:
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 06:17

Quote (bee @ Jan. 17 2011, 04:14)
maybe it would be an idea to consider what it is that has brought everyone together here too i.e. Tubular.net, the way it connects everyone, is open, a community, it progresses and changes...but we need some kind of theme.There's Mike himself of course, his music started it all off...we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him.
I too thought about the image of the bell, but think we have to be careful.

Mike's music is (obviously) what has brought everyone together, and the tubular bell is the one unmistakable symbol associated with him. So I'd say the title will have to contain the words "tubular bell" or, at least, "bell".
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 07:28

Quote (milamber @ Jan. 17 2011, 04:27)
Ok lets say the end of April.
Does that give everyone enough Time?

sounds great.. :)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Ginger Daddy Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 08:55

Quote (Tubularman @ Jan. 17 2011, 12:28)
Quote (milamber @ Jan. 17 2011, 04:27)
Ok lets say the end of April.
Does that give everyone enough Time?

sounds great.. :)

and sounds great to me too!

I'm working on a new track at the moment that I think would fit really well.

It's provisionally called 'Ripples' and uses similar delay/echo/reverb effects to the beginning and end of 'The Lake'

It's not going to be a cover, a pastiche, or share any of the themes or structure but hopefully you'll think it appropriate.

Cheers,
Terry.

--------------
http://purplerhapsody.co.uk - no words, just emotions
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 09:34

:D The end of april works for me as the 25th of april is my birthday , so this will be a nice gift .

:D And for the ones who are looking for a name , what about Sons of Tubular Bells or Tubular Bells Evolution .

;) EDIT:

Milamber ? ok , pm received !
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 11:59

Quote (Ginger Daddy @ Jan. 17 2011, 08:55)
It's provisionally called 'Ripples' and uses similar delay/echo/reverb effects to the beginning and end of 'The Lake'

this sounds very interesting to my ears! ripples...ramifying...contours...all that kind of thing, you mentioned echoes too, all very apparent in music...

...today I was also thinking about the image of a 'web', the bit that links us together..and it's woven from silk, like the words we type, interconnectedness, touch one part and the message is heard throughout...am I getting carried away? the beautiful fragility of it all, as in music, once it's heard it's gone, and yet it is so strong

water is another interesting theme too, ties in nicely with music in many respects.

I'm not sure about the Bell. I'm not against it at all, but I really feel it belongs to Mike somehow, it's true it would represent him and I personally love it as an image, but I think we need to be cautious...Tubular Bells IV it is not going to be

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 14:31

Milamber, Austin is track one (the one at the top) from Of How a World Is Built, an album that I have posted here last year. It's under 11 minutes long, so if that length is fine, that shall be my contribution. Otherwise, I'm sending in A Landscape in Red from Highways as well, which is half as long. I'm sending them as 24-bit FLAC files, which, as has been explained, has the exact same quality as a WAV file, but is a lot smaller. If you can't read that format, I'll send them as 320kbps MP3's as well. :)

I'm curious to see the other contributions, folks. Send them in! ;)

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 15:16

;) VLC media player can read Flac files !
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 15:48

;) .. i just visited our 4shared Tubular account , well maybe everyone uploading a file should create a folder to his name first , just to know " who does what " ....
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 17:53

Quote (bee @ Jan. 17 2011, 16:59)
I was also thinking about the image of a 'web', the bit that links us together..and it's woven from silk, like the words we type, interconnectedness, touch one part and the message is heard throughout...am I getting carried away? the beautiful fragility of it all, as in music, once it's heard it's gone, and yet it is so strong

You mean something like that picture from the inlay of TB2 with the webbing/ netting around the bottom of the bell?
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 17:58

Sir M Austin is fantastic ,the first 5 mins are quite pastoral any fan of Hergest Ridge would dig this and then the change in tempo and mood is a little sinister whilst still in keeping with the original feel of the beginning.
Great track liked it a lot :D .
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 18:02

I like the idea of Two Knights on horseback ,either side of the bell pulling it straight so it looks like a "n" shape.
But still recognizable.
Just a thought Bee ,you have Carte Blanche.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 18:21

I think we need a producer for this, someone to decide which tracks go where (Running Order) ,fonts and such.
I'm happy to do that but maybe someone who is not contributing music may be less objective.
I do have a person in mind though.
What do you guys think?
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 19:20

Quote (bee @ Jan. 17 2011, 11:59)
I'm not sure about the Bell. I'm not against it at all, but I really feel it belongs to Mike somehow, it's true it would represent him and I personally love it as an image, but I think we need to be cautious...

As long as we have his permission, I don't see why we have to be cautious. Just let the same Muse that inspires Mike possess you when you come to the creation stage!  :)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 19:22

Quote (milamber @ Jan. 17 2011, 18:21)
I think we need a producer for this, someone to decide which tracks go where (Running Order) ,fonts and such.
I'm happy to do that but maybe someone who is not contributing music may be less objective.
I do have a person in mind though.
What do you guys think?

Why not let Democracy be the producer? Someone - you're the obvious choice, Milamber - can suggest a track order, and then we can all offer our feedback, saying (eg), no track x should be before track y, because... etc.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 19:24

Quote (milamber @ Jan. 17 2011, 18:02)
I like the idea of Two Knights on horseback ,either side of the bell pulling it straight so it looks like a "n" shape.
But still recognizable.
Just a thought Bee ,you have Carte Blanche.

That's a great idea, Milamber - although I imagine Bee is currently choking on her Weeties...  :laugh:

Another advantage of the Knight motif is that it ties in with the vaguely new age/Arthurian aspect of some of Mike's work (eg "Excalibur").
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 19:33

Quote (nightspore @ Jan. 17 2011, 19:20)
Just let the same Muse that inspires Mike possess you when you come to the creation stage!  :)

Oh so no pressure then, that's OK!
:O

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 19:35

Quote (nightspore @ Jan. 17 2011, 19:24)
although I imagine Bee is currently choking on her Weeties...  :laugh:

you are not wrong there, Nightspore!

I'm not Merlin you know, I was at the back of the queue when the magical powers were dished out... :D

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 20:38

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ Jan. 18 2011, 04:31)
Milamber, Austin is track one (the one at the top) from Of How a World Is Built, an album that I have posted here last year. It's under 11 minutes long, so if that length is fine, that shall be my contribution. Otherwise, I'm sending in A Landscape in Red
I'm curious to see the other contributions, folks. Send them in! ;)

Lets keep both then.
As I cant choose between them.
Landscape in Red is instantly accessible though, a really strong addition and a track I feel that would sit very nicely next to Quietmans Hand Across the Mountains.
Let give a rough 15 min limit for song(s).
I have uploaded my "4 Winds" remix and its under 2 mins ect..
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2011, 21:06

I've just listened to "A Landscape in Red", and I really like it. I agree; this would be an ideal track to go just before "Hand Across the Mountains" - musically but also visually. You get the image of a great red plain (Australia? :) ) leading toward distant mountains.

You can clearly hear the Oldfield influence, too, which is needed. I dub thee Sir M. Arise!  :D

I'll listen to the Four Winds remix soon. (I thought I saw "Four Kilts" as part of the title, Milamber - let the wind blow high, let the wind blow low...  :laugh: )
Profile PM 
899 replies since Jan. 11 2011, 21:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (45) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net