Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Game, MP3< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
DarkenedEdo Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 13 2003, 11:44

I've composed and played this stuff (five tracks), in a personal project called "Tubular Games".

Check it out.

Tubular Games

--------------
www.edoardofainello.com :::: www.fayeth.com :::: www.myspace.com/kahman
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: May 13 2003, 11:58

Listening to part 1 now. I really like this. Really nice. It sorta reminded me of Myst in certain places. But altogether very nice. The whole feeling gives a really building-up feel. This is beautiful.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: May 13 2003, 14:33

Hearing this makes me wonder how much 'tubular themes' I've heard in my life. :D

By times your track is a bit to repetative for me, but that's compensated very well with the - as MusicallyInspired says - excellent building-up. You have taken care of it well.

At times as these I'm sad. :/ Why are people who can't sing, singing at the radio while fine instrumental music like this is just rearing it's head at a MO fan forum? A downpart of democraty, if you ask me.  :D

Anyway, nice job.

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 13 2003, 15:12

i am shocked at the quality of these tracks!!!!!! why haven't you amongst other composers in this forum got recording deals truly amazing work well done, it will be going on cd  then i can play it in my car well done!  ;)

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
bevy Offline

Posted: May 14 2003, 15:16

Ive added this 2 me fave music folder, its great m8.
Profile PM 

Posted: May 14 2003, 23:35

This is truly wonderful. It's really growing on me. It's very very simple. But soooo awesome. It has inspired me to start again on an instrumental I starting writing a while back but never finished or recorded cuz I thought it was too simple to make anything out of. But this track proves it can be simple but still be good. Thank you very much!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: May 16 2003, 05:23

Thank you all!!! You gave me a new reason to keep on compose this music, and i don't care about any musical profession: for me the compliments of mike's fans are enough.
S.Y.S.
Edo

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: May 16 2003, 17:26

Molto bene, Edoardo......
I'd surely love to hear more.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Down Under Offline

Posted: May 17 2003, 02:07

I agree.  It's very good.  I'm keeping this lot in my collection. :)
Profile PM 
SHINE Offline

Posted: May 17 2003, 14:47

Bravo!Bellissimo!

A great work,Edoardo.
        Just one question about the fifht theme, The Crying Musician:
        Is it inspired in Michael Nymman's "La Leçon de Piano"(soundtrack of the film with the same title) ?
Profile PM 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: May 19 2003, 04:12

(for shine) yes, i loved that film and it makes me want to run at the piano to play something. and "the cryng musician" is borned.

(for jael and who is interested) i'm composing new stuff. in october i will play live at the meeting of the "mike oldfield italian fan club" and i'm composing a long track where some bits of "tres lunas" appears for a little while.

Thank you for listening my music, it is a great emotion.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: May 21 2003, 19:48

i've enjoyed the four tracks i've listened up to the moment (had some problem while downloading eclipse2 and it's a bit late now... i'll try tomorrow)
'project 1' is the one that reached me the most. the guitar is brilliant, first for its soft and deep texture and for the strength in the climax.
though it has also reached me how u play the piano in the introduction of 'crying musician', so clear the sound... great

if it were true that mike oldfield doesn't listen to music, would be a pity he's missing music like yours... i think he could be proud if knew to have inspired musicians like u.

i'll be glad to listen to all the music u upload :)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Fox Offline

Posted: May 23 2003, 09:05

Just heard part one.  You have something great here.  It's a nice pleasant track that's just begging to be continued.  I didn't want it to stop at the end.  The repetition works well since the climaxes keep it interesting.

This is one of the few fan tracks that I want to hear more than just once or twice.  What you have is better than just a fan track.  This is something that could launch an actual career!

You've done an outstanding job.

*Ten minutes later*

Hearing Part Two.  I love the mix of MVR in with the music.  It seems to fit perfectly.  Great way to tie both tracks together with a common tune.  Again, the repetition is well done.  I regret being able to DL this for free.  Seems I should be paying for music like this  haha!!
Profile PM 
Square Offline

Posted: May 25 2003, 15:07

How sweet the sound. My only regret is that it's only 128 kbps...and no CD available.

Hey, this could easily pass as Mike's own!
Profile PM 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: May 26 2003, 09:31

Can you believe me if I say that, after reading your messages, it seems to me I'm taller 20_30 feet?

I'm composing new stuff, and I will upload it in MP3 CD quality.

And it will my personal present only for Mike's fans. I hope you will like it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :D

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
SHINE Offline

Posted: May 26 2003, 15:06

Hi again,Edoardo
        I must admit that I'm getting adicted to your music...
        The more I listen to your tracks,the more I love them.
        What a pity not to be an italian fan...I would like very much to be at that concert! :/
        But if one day you start a world tour,I hope you won't forget your spanish fans :)

To tell you the whole truth:
         I have a very very bad habit: when I listen to something new,I often use to listen to all the tracks in "Fast forward",I mean,I listen ten seconds,then I go FF for one minute or two listen to another ten seconds....
         I know that's something crazy,but I  "believe"  that I can get an opinion acting this way...
         The first time I listened to your tracks,they sonded this way:
         "peeeeeee------------xxxxxx-----------aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh-------KLING,Kling,kling
-----tatata :laugh:
          And I said to myself: YUK! Don't like this stuff!

But as I know that this habit is a very bad one, I ALWAYS give a second chance (and sometimes a third,a fourth....)
         And that's the way it all started!
Now I love your music and I need more! ;)

Because it makes me flyyyyyyyyy   ^^  ^^ ^^
     Thank you very much for sharing your music with us
Profile PM 

Posted: May 26 2003, 18:30

I would be VERY intrested to listen to those newer tracks! Thank YOU for releasing them to us!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
16 replies since May 13 2003, 11:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net