Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Forums< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Piltdown Man Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 23 2001, 06:32

hi im a new user and a new mo fan. im lookin forward to exchanging with fans from all over the world. i dont know any of you and i cant really be bothered reading old stuff so i just want to know something-

which users should i ask for technical stuff or notation or instruments or humour or analysis or research or help? cos i might want to ask with email rather than across forums cos it might be a bit of a stupid question. also should i type properly or can i continue like this cos its easier
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 23 2001, 07:53

I think the best is you ask your questions in the forums (in Tubular Tech for technical questions, in General comments for humour, etc.) If there is already an answer, somebody will give you the link to the answer...
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 23 2001, 15:55

If you feel your questions are really too stupid to ask here (I doubt they are really - nobody knows everything, so don't be afraid smile), then there are a couple of things you can do...

The best solution may be to try the Mike Oldfield chat room on DALnet. Just download some IRC client software like mIRC for the PC or ircle for the Mac (somewhere like www.download.com should help you find something like these). Then make sure it's set up to connect to a server like irc.dal.net (users at the time of me posting this are finding the server twisted.ma.us.dal.net to be good), on port 6667. Once you're connected to the server, the channel is called #Mike_Oldfield . It might sound complex, but it's not as hard as it sounds smile. There you will probably find someone who can answer your questions (the best time to try in there is late evenings in europe).

Some of the users here won't mind if you email them, as long as you're polite smile. I'm sure most people will tell you if your emails aren't welcome...
Profile PM 
2 replies since Jan. 23 2001, 06:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net