Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Dogs, We go where the wind blOws ashore 4 sure< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
redheat Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 16 2020, 00:38

Quote (nightspore @ May 10 2020, 07:09)
I note that the spoken commentary in "Bells after Sundown" is very similar to that in "Dawnbreaker", with the difference that the first is about hostile aliens and the latter about the Chinese. Well, yes!  :cool: Also, the parallelism of sundown and dawn.

Also, the music around the middle of "Dawnbreaker" manages to sound not only Chinese but also wildly better than any Chinese music I've ever heard.

War of the Worlds
The one in bells after sundown was from a recording of a friend taking over the mic at a demo party while the projector was being changed over to a Commodore 64 to show a competition entry, i had the camera rolling and caught his impromptu recital.  The name of the event i was at was ‘Sundown’ :)

--------------
http://Eindhoven.space
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 20 2020, 20:12

Yes this is more hard-edged... not sure which version I prefer. You can take it as a compliment that the Bach bits sound an anticlimax compared with the rest.
Profile PM 
81 replies since Jan. 28 2019, 21:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net