Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells/In Dulci Jubilo used in primetime TV, First out of  context usage to me!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 18 2014, 14:51

I won't make the case that British members, or those able to manage the iPlayer, will make much of the BBC's new gameshow, Reflex.  It's a challenge show awash with ultra-slow motion effects, presumably intended to rival The Cube - reviews I've seen haven't been kind.

However, a first (to me, at least) has just occurred in its second episode after I tuned in a few seconds before it happened, about 17 minutes in  The TB intro started as one round began, sounding a bit strange until it cut into the TBIII section from Tubular Bells/In Dulci Jubilo.  Ken Bruce is the (post-production) commentator on the show although he made one of his caustic comments about other music used so I doubt the selection was compiled on his say-so.  But as for this track being chosen for mood music, long may it continue! :D

Meanwhile, as I opened other windows, it's been illuminating to find that new copies of the Isles of Wonder CDs are fetching above the odds prices.  Despite my prediction at the time though, it seems all I need to do is sell that pink/blue vinyl of mine; £199.99 being asked for on eBay UK!

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
0 replies since Jan. 18 2014, 14:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net