Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (21) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition problems< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 27 2009, 08:55

Is there any official clues Korgie about this "Mike Oldfield Merch Team" that the people at Bandstores are talking about?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 27 2009, 09:38

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ June 27 2009, 12:55)
Is there any official clues Korgie about this "Mike Oldfield Merch Team" that the people at Bandstores are talking about?

Yes - that's the people at Universal running the whole project. Because Mike doesn't have a manager, these things are handled by the record company instead. I don't know what the exact setup is, but that's how I'm led to believe that things work there.

I would tend to believe what they say about the merchandise team being to blame - I reckon the explanation's probably as simple as that a couple boxes got mixed up and one got sent to Amazon by mistake. They need to actually stand up and admit that and say what they're going to do to solve the problem, though.

Thanks to everyone who's emailed in so far - one of us will get round to confirming we've got everyone's emails eventually, I've been doing most of them, but I've had a fairly busy few days...hopefully we'll still do better than Bandstores ;)

We've got a fair number already, but we'll give it a few more days until we really start taking action on this, to give everyone a chance to write in. Then the battle shall commence...
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: June 27 2009, 10:33

People could always send Mike their own personal message of dis-satisfaction.. ;)

Whilst I did not choose to order this box-set/ultimate edition through the internet.I have ordered many similar such items before either through Amazon or directly from the artists website.Most of them have been on independant labels as well,and as such despatched by the artist`s own distrubution team.I have never had any problems once recieving any of these items,and they have always arrived promptly and in perfect condition.The fact that a major record label representing such a major world artist as Mike Oldfield can screw this whole thing up so badly is simply beyond a joke.For not only does it reflect badly on Universal,whether he is aware of it or not(most probably not I would guess)..It also reflects badly on Oldfield himself.

I`m sure Korgscrew is doing all he can,but quite frankly Universal/Mercury merch team or whatever need to get a handle on this and fast.The whole thing has gone on way too long already,and I can only assume that they still don`t know what`s going on.Or they are simply burying their heads in the sand over this hoping it will all just go away..

At the risk of appearing completely ignorant,I have absolutely no idea who the hell these people are..Loudclothing??..Bandstores??..Fair enough it would appear that the actual fault of "right" and "wrong" editions being shipped out has come direct from source(wherever the hell that is,and how to contact it)??..But to send these items out improperly packaged,and subject to transit damage is just showing ignorance of the highest order.People have paid a lot of money here,and not only are they showing a flagrant dis-regard to these people.In a number of cases imo,it is almost tantamount to theft.In fact scratch that,.It is theft!..

Meanwhile Mike`s on his yacht,and the people at Universal are probably already planning their next shambolic rip-off for Hergest Ridge.If it wasn`t for the fact that they are making a hell of amount of money out of this,it would be an amateur farce.It`s a complete disgrace!
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 27 2009, 11:00

Dirk Star-

Although not in my personal experience either (I chose the standard delivery option), I think charging an exorbitant amount for next day delivery does actually constitute theft when the product is (a) not sent out promptly on or before the date of release and (b) is so poorly and inadequately packaged considering its weight and value. Paying a premium price should entitle you to a premium service - no ifs, no buts.

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: June 27 2009, 11:23

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ June 27 2009, 16:00)

Paying a premium price should entitle you to a premium service - no ifs, no buts.

Agreed!..Unfortunatly it would appear a number of people here are paying "the ultimate price" if you pardon the pun..

Yeah I`m not aware of all the legalities,and the in`s and out`s of this etc.But to me if you pay for something up front,and you`re still waiting for it weeks later no matter what the "service" is supposed to be,premium or otherwise.Then imo you should be entitled to a full refund immediatly.Obviously I`m guessing a lot of people here are still holding out in the hope of recieving a signed edition still,which is perfectly understandble.But if it was me I think I`d be tempted to just cut my losses,and re-order an unsigned box from Amazon.Either way I`d still be feeling pretty angry about it.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: June 27 2009, 13:14

Yeah that Free Postage thing on "Amazon" Ive used a few times... It seems to arrive pretty much the Same time wise as the normal P&P version.The  motto is if its cheaper guys take the "Deal".. :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
starfish Offline

Posted: June 27 2009, 13:53

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ June 25 2009, 15:56)
Korgscrew-

Although I've miraculously managed to get a pristine signed set from bandstores, I'm NOT happy that some folks managed to get a signed set from Amazon for a much cheaper price. I don't begrudge them their luck of course, but this does constitute a breach of contract IMO.  Are you receptive to this type of complaint and if so should I send my details over?

If you're not happy with your pristine signed copy you could always send it back and claim a refund... :laugh:

Besides, there's still only 500 copies out there, right? So no matter who's selling them (be it amazon or Loud Clothing), it won't make a jot of difference to the value/rarity/scarcity of the signed editions.

However, what WOULD constitute a breach is if more than 500 copies are signed. I feel sorry for those who ordered a signed copy and got a standard one, but of course if Mike ever decided to sign another batch to replace those that accidentally got sent to amazon, then my 1-in-500 box suddenly decreases in value to 1-in-550 or 1-in-600.

As a workable solution, I'd suggest the following:

For those whose packaging was damaged, they should send their damaged boxes back to Loud Clothing, but keep their signed certificates. After a full refund, those people can then use the cash to buy an unsigned Ultimate Box, in which they can keep their original certificate.

For those who have not recieved a signed copy, or recieved an unsigned copy by mistake, they should have replacement signed copies sent out. However, if no more are available (i.e. if all 500 signed copies have since been sold), they should be sent an Unsigned Edition, plus perhaps a free gift (such as a signed postcard), and a full or partial refund. That way, they get the box, the get a signature, they get some of their money back, and importantly the value of the original 500 signed copies won't be diminished.

Not perfect, I know. Anyone got a better suggestion?
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 27 2009, 15:15

Quote (starfish @ June 27 2009, 18:53)
Quote (tubular_trekkie @ June 25 2009, 15:56)
Korgscrew-

Although I've miraculously managed to get a pristine signed set from bandstores, I'm NOT happy that some folks managed to get a signed set from Amazon for a much cheaper price. I don't begrudge them their luck of course, but this does constitute a breach of contract IMO.  Are you receptive to this type of complaint and if so should I send my details over?

If you're not happy with your pristine signed copy you could always send it back and claim a refund... :laugh:

Besides, there's still only 500 copies out there, right? So no matter who's selling them (be it amazon or Loud Clothing), it won't make a jot of difference to the value/rarity/scarcity of the signed editions.

However, what WOULD constitute a breach is if more than 500 copies are signed. I feel sorry for those who ordered a signed copy and got a standard one, but of course if Mike ever decided to sign another batch to replace those that accidentally got sent to amazon, then my 1-in-500 box suddenly decreases in value to 1-in-550 or 1-in-600.

As a workable solution, I'd suggest the following:

For those whose packaging was damaged, they should send their damaged boxes back to Loud Clothing, but keep their signed certificates. After a full refund, those people can then use the cash to buy an unsigned Ultimate Box, in which they can keep their original certificate.

For those who have not recieved a signed copy, or recieved an unsigned copy by mistake, they should have replacement signed copies sent out. However, if no more are available (i.e. if all 500 signed copies have since been sold), they should be sent an Unsigned Edition, plus perhaps a free gift (such as a signed postcard), and a full or partial refund. That way, they get the box, the get a signature, they get some of their money back, and importantly the value of the original 500 signed copies won't be diminished.

Not perfect, I know. Anyone got a better suggestion?

Are you being sarcastic?

I realise that I'm lucky to have a signed set in good condition, but that's surely part of the problem i.e. I'm just 'lucky' to get one in pristine condition when everyone who ordered them should have got one  - not just those who got lucky with bandstores or the postal service!

Also, and more importantly, we were told that the official site was the only place to purchase these sets and they were being sold for a considerably higher price than elsewhere. This is not just a random whinge - I was happy to pay extra given that this was allegedly the only place you could get them from. But that has turned out to be untrue. If they had stated up front that you may be able to obtain one from Amazon (at random say, like the signed MoTS CDs at play.com) that would have been okay, but that's not what happened.  I think they should be called to account for false and/or misleading advertising. Sure there might have been a genuine mistake made wrt the allocation of stock - but it's about time this was acknowledged and some action taken to sort out the problem.

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Profile PM 
starfish Offline

Posted: June 28 2009, 05:21

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ June 27 2009, 15:15)
Are you being sarcastic?

I realise that I'm lucky to have a signed set in good condition, but that's surely part of the problem i.e. I'm just 'lucky' to get one in pristine condition when everyone who ordered them should have got one  - not just those who got lucky with bandstores or the postal service!

Also, and more importantly, we were told that the official site was the only place to purchase these sets and they were being sold for a considerably higher price than elsewhere. This is not just a random whinge - I was happy to pay extra given that this was allegedly the only place you could get them from. But that has turned out to be untrue. If they had stated up front that you may be able to obtain one from Amazon (at random say, like the signed MoTS CDs at play.com) that would have been okay, but that's not what happened.  I think they should be called to account for false and/or misleading advertising. Sure there might have been a genuine mistake made wrt the allocation of stock - but it's about time this was acknowledged and some action taken to sort out the problem.

Apologies if I sounded like I was being rude - that wasn't my intention at all (hence the smiley face).

However, as far as UK retail law is concerned, the situation is this:

If you buy a product that you feel has been falsely advertised, described, or otherwise misrepresented, then your one recourse is to return it from whence it was purchased and claim a full refund.

As I understand it, you are not entitled to any additional compensation or reimbursement.

The law can be an ass, but in this case it gives you two choices - keep what you have and count yourself lucky, or send it back for a refund. The choice is yours.

You can additionally report the seller to UK Trading Standards. Although it won't help your own cause, they may see fit to punish Loud Clothing for their actions (in a case such as this, most likely a written warning, a fine at most).
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 28 2009, 07:56

Quote (starfish @ June 28 2009, 10:21)
Quote (tubular_trekkie @ June 27 2009, 15:15)
Are you being sarcastic?

Apologies if I sounded like I was being rude - that wasn't my intention at all (hence the smiley face).

However, as far as UK retail law is concerned, the situation is this:

If you buy a product that you feel has been falsely advertised, described, or otherwise misrepresented, then your one recourse is to return it from whence it was purchased and claim a full refund.

As I understand it, you are not entitled to any additional compensation or reimbursement.

The law can be an ass, but in this case it gives you two choices - keep what you have and count yourself lucky, or send it back for a refund. The choice is yours.

You can additionally report the seller to UK Trading Standards. Although it won't help your own cause, they may see fit to punish Loud Clothing for their actions (in a case such as this, most likely a written warning, a fine at most).

Yeah, that might very well be the case - I don't know to be honest. I'd rather complain about it though than feel like I've been taken for a ride. Getting a refund might have been an option if Amazon had been legitimately selling the signed copies (and it was still possible to obtain them! ), but as far as we're aware that was never the case.

I personally think loudclothing/bandstores and/or 'the merch team for MO' have really screwed up the organisation and distribution of this release and I don't see why the dedicated fans should just take it on the chin. (No offence intended to you! )

--------------

Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: June 28 2009, 09:52

I agree, I won't let this pass by and do nothing and to me personally it has gone beyond wether or not I can get my money back.

It has become a principal matter.  First I got the confirmation that the order was registered, and then it was ready for dispatch... In my opinion that means that the actual stuff was really put aside with my name and ordernumber on it.

As far as I'm concerned I am entitled to receive the goodies I ordered.  When they can't deliver, they should come up with a solution that for me is worth the missing out on the signed and numbered edition that was paid for.

When peole ask "What would you see as a fit solution in that case? " I'd have to answer that only a personalized autographed Ultimate Edition ( with no numbered certificate... ) can make up for it.

But if they can (or will even try to) live up to that expectation I can hardly believe. But it sure would be a very big disappointment...    :/
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: June 29 2009, 05:27

Dear Customer

In May you ordered one of the signed editions of the Mike Oldfield Ultimate Edition which we shipped out to you between the 10th and 18th June. We have checked with the despatch company we used, Parcelforce, and according to their records you haven't taken delivery of your item as of today.

We would be grateful if you still haven't received your order that you get in toich with our customer service team - customerservices@bandstores.co.uk - straight away so that we can help track your item and make sure you receive it as quickly as possible. From what we understand many customers' parcels are simply sat at local delivery offices waiting for collection.

Are are very sorry that your order hasn't reached you as quickly as we would have expected and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Bandstores

Do they have ANY idea what they're doing?!

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: June 29 2009, 06:45

Got the same mail, reacted and sent my reaction bcc to the admins here. Then they can put this in my "complaintfile"....
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 29 2009, 08:55

Quote (Reena @ June 29 2009, 07:45)
Got the same mail, reacted and sent my reaction bcc to the admins here. Then they can put this in my "complaintfile"....

Got also the very same mail,and it's so confusing,since I recieved another email before and they've told me that my box wasn't shipped at all!

Of course that this new email should be attached to my case.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
ian Offline

Posted: June 29 2009, 09:32

I can't believe that anyone would pay such a high price for such little benefit. I have most of the mixes already on vinyl, a plectrum and the book "The making Of Tubular Bells" (which has the Manor advert inside as a fold out) All I would like is the demo early versions which you can't get on their own. I am not interested in Mike's new mix or whatever. From what I heard on Radio 2 it wasn't good. Shame.

I am sorry a lot have you have been ripped off. I hope it all works out.
Profile PM WEB 
wiga Offline

Posted: June 29 2009, 10:11

I wonder if it's a case of once bitten twice shy, and that folk won't be tempted again with the offer of signed editions with the next remix. It could mean the possibility of all this stress again - delays, damaged packaging, absent signatures, absent packages, and letters of complaint...

Who needs it.   :/

I'm ok with my £9.77 2 CD Compilation - though I would actually like to hear Mike's original single, the 1971 demos and the scrapped 1st mix. I've not read any reviews on those pieces yet, but I think another tenner would be about reasonable.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: June 29 2009, 10:18

Just to give a bit of a progress update...

I'd been planning on getting in touch with Bandstores over the next few days - reports have still been coming in, but we've got a fair number and obviously we couldn't have waited around forever. It looks like we don't have to, though - they've got in touch with us (interesting how quickly word gets round when it has to...).

We'll send all the details over. They're keen to know more, as they say that there have actually been very few reported issues (which, to be fair on them, is probably true...I think the number of reports we have now accounts for about 3% of the total orders). I'll sift through what we've got and pass it on...in the meantime, do keep reports coming, I'll probably not get anything sent off to them before this evening.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 29 2009, 10:20

...though I would actually like to hear Mike's original single, the 1971 demos and the never before scrapped 1st mix. I've not read any reviews on those pieces yet, but I think another tenor would be about reasonable.

You can buy most of these as MP3s from amazon (so presumably legal). Not the 1st mix (yet) but the other three items you mention all seem to be available. 69 pence each...

The single is a slightly shorter remixed version of the original vinyl single but I *love* it and 69p is a bargain in my opinion!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: June 29 2009, 10:57

You can get them all from iTunes as part of the Deluxe Version too; the rough mix and the 'Tubular Bells Long' demo are only available as part of the full package though (which includes the original mix, the new mix, the Boxed mix, the rough mix of part one, all the demos, the Viv Stanshall hornpipe, Mike Oldfield's Single and the "theme from the Exorcist" single edit). Fairly pricey at £15.99 (in the UK at least) though, but rather cheaper than an Ultimate Edition!
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: June 29 2009, 11:05

Whooa - I can buy all those 3 items - they're already available, and at 69p each!

Well come on you guys! - this sounds like it's been a rip off to me. Mike Oldfield loyalty doesn't have to extend this far - it's not good business. There has to be a better deal next time.

Edit: - The "scrapped"/"rough" 1st TB mix isn't available yet  - right, except if you buy the full package of around 8 items at £15.99 - not too bad.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
405 replies since June 25 2009, 14:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net