[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition problems< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 06 2009, 15:38

Quote (Reena @ July 06 2009, 14:39)
That is quite a lot to ask I believe, when you consider that :
- they are still sitting on my money since the 16th of may
- even if they get my order on their hands, which might take up another 2 weeks, they still have to send it to me
( another week ? ), so they are certainly taking their time ...
- in an email that they sent on June 23rd they promised a t-shirt to be send separately from my original order as a gesture of goodwill, but I'm still waiting for that as well ( so much for their goodwill... )

Even considering the above facts I am willing to give them that chance, because I really hope that it will all end well... Maybe I should know better, but what else can I do to get hold of that Signed Ultimate Edition for now ?

But I think that you all understand that it has pissed me off big time, and I sure will try to get legal compensation if they do not deliver this month.

My situation is very similar to yours,and I really want to see that in the end everything will be fine,if not...of course that I'll try legal compensation too.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 06 2009, 17:39

Quote (Reena @ July 06 2009, 17:39)

They're on shaky ground with that one, I think. It's one of the things I'm looking into.

By law, they have to carry out the contract (i.e. deliver the goods) within 30 days unless the parties agree to a different period and if they can't, they have to tell you that before the period expires (and then you have the right to either cancel the contract or accept their new delivery date). Now...they actually did make clear that the items would be sent out the week beginning June 8th, so I'd assume that the agreed period then becomes the length of time they stated it would take for delivery. I'll have to look at all the (electronic)paperwork they provided at the time and try and clarify that.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to ask for something in return for the two month loan they've taken from you, though.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 06 2009, 19:09

Quote (starfish @ June 27 2009, 13:53)
As a workable solution, I'd suggest the following:

For those whose packaging was damaged, they should send their damaged boxes back to Loud Clothing, but keep their signed certificates. After a full refund, those people can then use the cash to buy an unsigned Ultimate Box, in which they can keep their original certificate.

For those who have not recieved a signed copy, or recieved an unsigned copy by mistake, they should have replacement signed copies sent out. However, if no more are available (i.e. if all 500 signed copies have since been sold), they should be sent an Unsigned Edition, plus perhaps a free gift (such as a signed postcard), and a full or partial refund. That way, they get the box, the get a signature, they get some of their money back, and importantly the value of the original 500 signed copies won't be diminished.

Re-reading this thread I think that Starfish's suggestion might be the only way.

Mike Oldfiield Merchandising Team obviously messed up with their signed copies, the deed has been done. If all 500 have been signed then that's it. Legally, I think folk are only entitled to a full refund.

I know in principle that isn't justice - but as far as people not receiving signed copies goes, I think it's the MO Merchandising Team that should be shouted at here, as opposed to Bandstores.  

[I also just saw the photo of the damaged vinyl again - OMG! *eyes popping out of my head* - the whole package is completely vandalised.]

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 06:08

Quote (Korgscrew @ July 06 2009, 14:10)
They haven't fobbed me off with anything - it's me who wants the numbers as much as anyone, so that I can't be fobbed off. I like to know what I'm talking about before I say anything.
They're also not going to replace everyone's set on the offchance there might be something wrong with it - judging by the numbers reported to us, the problem affects around 1 - 2% of them. Who knows, maybe it's 100% - if people won't report it, we'll never know (and then they can tell us it's a few isolated cases - which it could be - and we won't have any evidence to prove otherwise).

The problem with the vinyl has been acknowledged, it's now up to the project director to act on it. Anyone who has reported the problem (that should include tubular_trekkie, whose details I already had) will get a replacement, anyone who hasn't either needs to report it now or make do with it as it is.

It's also been pointed out that some of the people who've sent us complaints haven't tried getting in touch with Bandstores' customer services first. I understand that faith in them is low after all that's been reported here, but they'd like to be given a chance (again - they can't do anything about it unless they know about it). The best thing to do is email customerservices@bandstores.co.uk and copy in contact@tubular.net - if you then don't feel the problem's being dealt with in a reasonable amount of time, let us know and we'll give someone a bit of a prod.

Thanks Korgscrew. It really was my bad for not checking the vinyl straight away I suppose. I foolishly assumed that because the rest of my set was perfect the vinyl would be the same  :/

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 06:29

Quote (Reena @ July 06 2009, 18:39)
Not by a long shot....

But they've reacted, and now they hope (.... ) that within 2 weeks the boxes that either were lost, or never even sent out, or whatever had happened to these, will come in their hands, so they can send them to me and the others that are still waiting.  

Although that still is a strange thing, I will wait the coming 2 weeks to see if they come up with a signed box that they will send to me after that... And I have to admit that if they do, that I would like to try and find out if there are any duplicate certificates all of a sudden....

To me it's still a riddle how on earth the 500 signed certificates were put together with the correct boxes, that then apparently weren't sent out to Bandstores.  
They never have come up with an explanation that satisfied or reassured me about all their actions.

But, as Korgscrew mentioned in one of his posts, they want to have the chance to set things straight...

That is quite a lot to ask I believe, when you consider that :
- even if they get my order on their hands, which might take up another 2 weeks, they still have to send it to me
( another week ? ), so they are certainly taking their time ...
- in an email that they sent on June 23rd they promised a t-shirt to be send separately from my original order as a gesture of goodwill, but I'm still waiting for that as well ( so much for their goodwill... )

Even considering the above facts I am willing to give them that chance, because I really hope that it will all end well... Maybe I should know better, but what else can I do to get hold of that Signed Ultimate Edition for now ?

But I think that you all understand that it has pissed me off big time, and I sure will try to get legal compensation if they do not deliver this month.

Yes, all of this is still a big concern. The sheer amount of time this seems to be taking is a bit of a worry; to be honest I'm suspicious that the longer this drags on the more likely the proffered solution will be "here, have a full refund" (and no signed UE of course). Or perhaps they're hoping some folks will get fed up and ask for a refund themselves, thereby saving them the bother.

I sincerely hope a full explanation of the 'missing sets'/'sets sent to Amazon' saga is forthcoming at some point. It would be nice as well if they could actually explain the situation to those still waiting rather than just say there'll be a further delay.

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 07:27

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ July 07 2009, 06:29)
I sincerely hope a full explanation of the 'missing sets'/'sets sent to Amazon' saga is forthcoming at some point. It would be nice as well if they could actually explain the situation to those still waiting rather than just say there'll be a further delay.

Absolutely.

If the Mike Oldfield Merchandising Team would just be open and honest about the missing signed sets, it would foster more respect and trust for the future. The sooner they hold up their hands and say so, the sooner everyone can move on and get over it.

More excuses about 'delays' just pisses people off. If all the 500 copies have gone out, then they've gone out - just say so.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 07 2009, 08:38

Turns out when I checked my own copy it also has marks and scratches, e.g. the image below. I have sent an E-mail to bandstores cc'd tb.net  :/

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
El Mystico Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 10:40

My vinyl has fingermarks and scratches too...I've emailed them
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 13:47

Sent another email regarding missing signed ultimate copy to bandstore but as of June 30th, they don't appear to read or reply to your emails, I think they are just hoping people will just give up. how can they have customer loyalty when they treat their customers in such a shoddy state. Shame on them!!!  :(
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 15:37

Quote (Matt @ July 07 2009, 08:38)
Turns out when I checked my own copy it also has marks and scratches, e.g. the image below. I have sent an E-mail to bandstores cc'd tb.net  :/

looks like same as my copy...i try to take picture from it and send them email

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Willem Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 17:22

I GOT A REPLY!!!

see below:

Hi Antz.

Thanks for your reply.

All other elements are fine. It’s just the outer box and especially the vinyl disc.. I’d go along with both of them replaced as far as they’re absolutely unblemished.

Hope to see the items soon.

Tanks for the effort.

Regards,
Willem

---------------

Van: Bandstores Customer Services [mailto:customerservices@bandstores.co.uk]
Verzonden: dinsdag 7 juli 2009 20:04
Aan: willem@w75.nl
Onderwerp: RE: COMPLAINT ULTIMATE BOX TUBULAR BELLS - TAKE ACTION PLEASE!

Hi Jan-Willem

Thaks for your email. I'm sorry to hear that your set was damaged. There have been a number of reports of the discs being damaged and Mercury are going to look into how this happened during production. I will arrange for a replacement outer sleeve and vinyl disc to be sent to you. Are any other elements of the set damaged?

Regards
Antz
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: July 07 2009, 21:59

Just sent this email to them...and added some stuff about the vinyl too:

Hello Antz,

As soon as you sent my order,please let me know its tracking number,so I can check it all through the process.I asked about that on my previous email since I had a few friends who have also order the signed box and they recieved the box without any confirmation email about the fact that the box was on its way to their owners.

Another important thing I would like to say is about the vinyl,there are a few complaints that a few other buyers of the signed box have made on the past days about marks and scratches on its surface.Hope that this won't help with the vinyl that comes with my signed box.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 08 2009, 06:21

Also got a confirmation that I have to items in order... But again no word about the fact that it concerns a Signed Edition...
Therefore I asked for that in my email as sent below...

Dear Antz,

Thank you for that confirmation , but I guess I was not exactly clear about the main issue that I have with this.

I would like to have your confirmation that you are going to send me a SIGNED ultimate edition , because I have some concern about you still being able to get these to the customers that were supposed to receive those signed editions but up until now haven't.

As you are probably well aware, there were some of the Signed Editions sent out through Amazon, and among the people that ordered via your site (as there was the statement that the signed edition would only be available at your site...) there is a fear that you are no longer in posession, nor will be, of the Signed Editions that now seem to be missing. That would mean that we are going to miss out on that signed edition, although we had confirmation that the order was placed , excepted and payment  has been made.

So that is why I would like to have your confirmation that our fear is misplaced, and that we are still going to receive the Signed Edition.

Hope to be hearing from you soon !

Kind regards, Frido Zijlstra
Profile PM 
ingresman Offline

Posted: July 08 2009, 08:14

I didn't order a set so I should be quiet really.
Has anyone managed to make contact with Mike to make him aware of the situation?.
At the very least could an exclusive picture of MO which he will sign be sent to all 500 people who bought the signed set? At least everyone would then have the value-add they have paid for.
As for the LP's - I'd love to find out how all those copies got damged.
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 08 2009, 08:18

Quote (Reena @ July 08 2009, 11:21)
Also got a confirmation that I have to items in order... But again no word about the fact that it concerns a Signed Edition...
Therefore I asked for that in my email as sent below...

Dear Antz,

Thank you for that confirmation , but I guess I was not exactly clear about the main issue that I have with this.

I would like to have your confirmation that you are going to send me a SIGNED ultimate edition , because I have some concern about you still being able to get these to the customers that were supposed to receive those signed editions but up until now haven't.

As you are probably well aware, there were some of the Signed Editions sent out through Amazon, and among the people that ordered via your site (as there was the statement that the signed edition would only be available at your site...) there is a fear that you are no longer in posession, nor will be, of the Signed Editions that now seem to be missing. That would mean that we are going to miss out on that signed edition, although we had confirmation that the order was placed , excepted and payment  has been made.

So that is why I would like to have your confirmation that our fear is misplaced, and that we are still going to receive the Signed Edition.

Hope to be hearing from you soon !

Kind regards, Frido Zijlstra

Good call on that. I hope you (and Tati and everyone else who is still waiting for a signed set) get a positive AND truthful response on this matter. A bit more candour about why there has been such a long delay wouldn't go amiss either. (I'm still very curious as to how they are going to solve the problem if some sets have gone to Amazon - hopefully not by printing off some duplicate certificates, eh?! ;) )

I've received a response from bandstores regarding the damaged vinyl. They plan to send a replacement and have promised to check its condition before they despatch it. All good news! Fingers crossed it arrives in pristine condition  :)

--------------

Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 08 2009, 08:37

Well, it looks like they are trying to speed up things...

Got an answer from Bandstores only 2,5 hrs after I sent my email... Best of all, and let's assume this is a reliable answer, this is what they say :

Hi Frido

Yes we are very aware of the forum chatter about Amazon customers receiving signed editions. The situation here is that we didn't receive the full number of signed editions we should have on 8th June from Mercury and they are in the process of sending us the remaining quantity. These copies are signed like the first delivery.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Regards
Antz

Well, I have the answer I wanted and now I am going to wait and see if my order arrives in pristine condition. Keep your fingers crossed....
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: July 08 2009, 09:00

i decided to try take pics from my vinyl...looks like its been used long time and i only played it once :P

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 

Posted: July 08 2009, 10:54

Got this reply from them today,regarding the damage of the discs and if there is any chance to check the disc before sending to me...

Hi Tatiana

There has indeed been quite a few complaints about the damage to the discs, which is something outside of Bandstore's control as the sets are sealed. Would you like us to open the set and check befoer we ship it out?

What do you think about this?

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Willem Offline

Posted: July 09 2009, 17:01

Progress so far....

Hi Jan-Willem

This is just a quick email to let you know that today we've sent out the replacement box set elements for you as previous promised.

These will be coming to you via Parcelforce and can be tracked by visiting using the following tracking reference at http://tracking.parcelforce.net:

EE431787671GB

As you would probably expect it might take a few hours for your tracking reference to register at Parcelforce.

Your items should arrive with you within the next few days. You'll be pleased to know that we've taken extra effort to ensure these items will arrive undamaged.

Regards

Antz
Bandstores
Profile PM WEB 
Nacho Offline

Posted: July 09 2009, 17:51

They sent the replace items before you send the damaged ones, or they don't want the damaged boxes/discs?

The vinyl from my signed box from Bandstores, an the vinyl I bought in FNAC are both in bad-looking condition, but I think I won't ask for a replacement... Universal should take care with its merchandise partners, and the vinyl disc factories, what a mess!!
Profile PM 
405 replies since June 25 2009, 14:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net