Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells The Re recording released end of May< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 12 2003, 05:59

I'm quite excited to see the whole project comin'in the end of May(guess what I want for my birthday in June?).

But there's something that intrigues me...are you REALLY sure that Mike decided to release the new TB with this name he put on his website...I know it's there,but...

Let's hope to hear some more previews of the music,as well as some demos from Tubular World...

Funny note(native English speakers please check this),I've noted some grammar mistakes on Mike's note about TB RR,
and I'm sure that Fanny did that...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
christopher Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2003, 11:19

Who's worried about grammar mistakes on a website about music???  Come on then...

It occured to me as I was driving late lastnight to the corner shop for a midnight snack... will they chop the album into fourteen tracks as with Tubular Bells 2 or keep to the original format of two tracks 25 minutes each?  

If it was my decision... which it's not of course... but if it was... I would vote for fourteen tracks for the sake of the general public and marketing.  Personally I prefer two tracks.  But, we all know how unintellengent the average music listener is... that's why we have American Idol and Britney Spears... god I said the dirty BS and AI word.... AAAAHHHHHHHHH.... wipe memory clean... remember the REAL music... remember the REAL music!!!! ;)  

Fourteen tracks and all things aside... GO TUBULAR BELLS... GO TUBULAR BELLS... GO TUBULAR BELLS!!!!!!! :)

GIMME a T (T) GIMME a U (U) GIMME a B-U-L-A-R
GIMME a B (B) GIMME a E (E)  GIMME a L  -  L  -  S

TUBULAR BELLS!!!!! :)

Christopher
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2003, 13:15

Quote (christopher @ Feb. 12 2003, 17:19)
It occured to me as I was driving late lastnight to the corner shop for a midnight snack... will they chop the album into fourteen tracks as with Tubular Bells 2 or keep to the original format of two tracks 25 minutes each?  

There's already a topic about that on the "Tubular Bells - The Re recording"-section of TubularBoard. Check it out =)

/ Johan
Profile PM 
Melomaniac Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2003, 14:02

GIMME THE LAST T (T), GIMME THE LAST U (U), GIMME THE LAST B.U.L.A.R
GIMME THE LAST BELLS, PLEEEEEEASE.
Only joking. :D
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2003, 17:48

Quote (christopher @ Feb. 12 2003, 17:19)
... will they chop the album into fourteen tracks as with Tubular Bells 2 or keep to the original format of two tracks 25 minutes each?

I think 'chop' is a rather strong word. No one's chopping anything in there. I'd prefer saying that maybe they will divide it in 14 tracks [btw, the actual 'movements' in TB are 13, not 14. I hope Mike won't alter this. :)],  or maybe they won't. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2003, 01:52

Sorry Ugo... I was having an axe-murdering moment... LOL :p  'Chop' just sorta came to me... hahahahahahaha :p

And I didn't know that TB is 13 tracks 'divided' hmmm... figured it was the same as TB2.  I learned something new today ;)  

Well... for commercial purposes I'd like to see the record company 'divide' the album up instead of two 25 minute sets.  This will make it easier for those less capable of fast-forwarding, like myself, who wish to just jump to a section without using that nasty button.. like with Amarok... EEEEEEK what a pain in the ass that album was until CD burners came along!!!

Off to Bed - While Tubular Bells dance in my head... LOL :p

Christopher
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2003, 07:37

Chris: ever heard of a tiny cute proggie called the Amarok Player? :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
merlin2k1 Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2003, 10:51

'Tubular Bells The Re recording' ??  Kind of a silly name, I think The Directors Cut of Tubular Bells would be more fitting.  Just my 2 cents worth... :/
Profile PM WEB 
torbenyj Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2003, 02:06

hi
or what about

Tubular Bells
The Real Version" or "the True Version"
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2003, 15:02

Can't wait! It better be released in the USA! hopefully it will be released (or should i say re released?) everywhere around the globe, and at the same time. Nothing like the Tres Lunas crap where some countries had it like 5 months before others (and some didn't even get it !;)

Surround 5.1 should make it sound really coool. Is it going to be a 2x CD set? One CD in normal, and another in 5.1? or were they able to cram in everything on 1 CD? it'll be interesting to see the cover and hear the music! I can't wait!

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Seliador
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 16 2003, 10:46

I think there will be 2 versions of the re-recording. One normal version (Stereo Sound) and one SACD (Super-Audio-CD) version in 5.1 sound, so you will need a multichannel-capable SACD-Player from Sony to play it. SACD are normally more expensive than normal CDs.
Mariano
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 16 2003, 11:56

After Tubular Bells...would you try another instrumental piece of music? Something like Amarok...Please! you can do it...or not?
Katz Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2003, 18:30

I hope we will. But I'd rather he stopped exploting TB trademark...
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2003, 04:20

As already stated, with Warner promoting DVD-Audio in competition to Sony/Philips' SACD, IMHO it's highly unlikely that TB-RR will be published as SACD instead of DVD-A.
For CDA compatibility, in contrast to dual-layer CDA/SACD hybrid disks, dual-layer CDA/DVD-A hybrid disks apparently are not yet available (except for proof-of-concept prototypes), but a double-sided hybrid (like the TBII/TBIII DVD) would be possible.
With DVD-A, there is also the chance for Mike/Warner to make use of this format to add some goodies (pics, video, etc..) - well, everybody should have a dream...
Profile PM WEB 
SCprogfan
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 17 2003, 13:39

Yes, if there are any "insiders" out there who can confirm a U.S. release date, please post.  Also, why is there no mention of Mike Oldfield on any of Warner Music's websites?  At least I can't find any.
TOBY Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2003, 17:30

Remember everyone we're still quite a while away from May 25th, I'm sure things will pick up a month or so before the release. Warners must be fully aware this time they have a real potential money spinner in an otherwise downbeat music market. If they cock this up like they did with TL I really will loose hope. I'm sure though Mike's team will do everything in their power to guarantee maximum publicity. Personaly I'd love to see a live TV performance of the whole album on Jools Holland or something similar. I'm sure they'll try.
Profile PM 
elviz
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 19 2003, 17:00

Do you know something about Mike's concerts in this year ???
TOBY Offline

Posted: Feb. 20 2003, 13:14

There's no tour news yet but I'd be very, very, very suprised if there wasn't at least one concert of TB performed for it's aniversary, probably here in the UK.
Profile PM 
Pugwash
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 02 2003, 12:37

When choosing a new DVD player with DVD-A, I got one capable of SACD too, just so I could get the SACD Tubular Bells. It's a fantastic recording. I'd hedge bets on the new one being CD/SACD stereo/multi hybrid myself.
liron
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 04 2003, 11:49

mike:

we CAN eat shit

we ate TB2 although it sounded like a faded version of the original. we ate TB3 although it completely lacked soul, inspiration, and is a blasphemy to what you played in '73. and we ate the MILLENNIUM BELL:  
a repackaged recraped replasticised take off of a slaughterhouse for music. we also bought the complete and definetly last and updated true and original tubular bells. AND we also bought the new boxed set.

so you see, eating shit from you is kind of a trend down here. but taking the original tubular bells, and replaying it? if you had some decensy in you, you would just rent a place in majurca and shut the hell up, instead of insulting the intelect of MUSIC (five letters that means something to some people) consumers world wide.

if recycling is all you are up to, then you're better off recycling garbage than selling it again and again and again.

ps
sorry for disturbing all the smilies and little pink plastic hearts around.
95 replies since Feb. 10 2003, 13:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net