Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells performed by the Children of Ireland< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 18 2013, 01:23

Tom Newman, together with Paul Brett, has founded a new record label, Viral Discs and Downloads. Their first release will be a new version of Tubular Bells performed by schoolchildren from across Ireland, produced by Tom and Steve Fearnley and mastered by Simon Heyworth.

The new album will be released on November 7th and can be pre-ordered from the Viral website. A downloadable single edit is available now, either as a 16 bit WAV file from the Viral website, or as 256kbps AAC from iTunes.

Proceeds will help support future youth projects run by Tom.

Update November 5th: Buy the single on iTunes or Amazon in the UK after December 15th to support Viral's bid to make Christmas Number 1!
Profile PM 
ingresman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 21 2013, 15:13

Well worth a look. I'll be buying it , i think it's important to support such projects. However i could do without the new words though!
Profile PM 
ingresman Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2013, 07:36

I'm a big Rick Wakeman as well so found this which might be of interest
http://www.rwcc.com/notice_xmasnumberone.asp
It's an attempt to get the single to be number 1 at christmas, I'll be lending my support to this.
I'm suprised it hasn't been metioned already
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2013, 19:58

Thanks for pointing that out, ingresman - Tom and Paul didn't tell me about that! I might put up a reminder when we get into December, it sounds like a fun way of thumbing our collective noses at the usual Christmas Number 1 circus...
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 06 2013, 07:01

Saw Rick's support today and being a fan of his works it was awesome to see.

Hope real music can be back in the charts somehow...sick and tired of X Factor-like acts,as fake as a £1 note.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2013, 08:03

I've got the album now and I must say it is fantastic. Well worth it. :)
They could have perhaps done a better job with the sleeve art... Maybe Marko could have had helped. :) But who gives a **** It's the music and effort that matters. Tom an the kids have done a brilliant job. :)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Nov. 14 2013, 16:46

I agree with Black Bunik - this is a wonderful album! They've brought a totally new personality to this...in fact, parts of it even have something of Amarok's madness to them. Tom has clearly worked very hard at both bringing out the performers' personalities and finding ways of working within their capabilities in a way that comes together into a very effective whole.

It's great to see that Tom's got more projects in the pipeline (seems like a Scottish Sergeant Pepper is next), I know from my own experience how important projects like these can be for the participants and the communities that they're a part of.

I also really hope they achieve chart success with the single - I'll make sure we give that more of a push when we get nearer to December 15th.
Profile PM 
6 replies since Oct. 18 2013, 01:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net