Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Part 1, How much is shown????< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
HearItAll Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 13 2005, 22:42

I have Elements on laserdisc and Tubular Bells part one is not the "complete" part one.  I was wondering if the dvd has the full length version.  The laserdisc's version is only 9 minutes long and I have been wanting a video to see him (or whoever) play the bass riff in the finale.

Is it the same version that was shot in the 2nd House studio that is on the laserdisc?

The laserdisc is good (NTSC version) and hopefully the dvd is too.  I have read that not all cuts that were on the laserdisc (also VHS) aren't on the dvd due to it being a Virgin only video compilation.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 14 2005, 04:24

Yes, the DVD has the whole of Tubular Bells Part One, and it is the same performance which is included in shortened form on the Laserdisc/VHS edition of Elements.

The Warner videos are indeed missing from the DVD - those being Sentinel and Tattoo. That's more than made up for by the inclusion of a whole raft of Virgin videos, though. Tattoo was just taken from the Edinburgh performance anyway, which is of course available separately on DVD (better the whole concert than just an excerpt, I say).
Profile PM 
HearItAll Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 14 2005, 09:24

Thanks for the reply.  I will definately purchase one now.  As for Tatoo, I have the NTSC version of TBII Live and thoroughly enjoy watching it over and over.  Sentinel was just the music video of the TBII album and is good in its own right, even though it is a bit different than the album itself.

Thanks again! :D
Profile PM 
2 replies since April 13 2005, 22:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net