Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells on Utrecht Dom Tower's carillon< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CH23 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 20 2012, 13:32

We've just received a program, they will be performing part1 , and pieces of TB2&3
Profile PM 
CH23 Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2012, 15:26

I could tell you it was awesome, but that wouldn't do it justice.
Goosebumps.

I heard that in the stream you couldn't hear the bells, but i'm sure they will add them later.
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2012, 15:45

Quote (CH23 @ Aug. 20 2012, 21:26)
I could tell you it was awesome, but that wouldn't do it justice.
Goosebumps.

I heard that in the stream you couldn't hear the bells, but i'm sure they will add them later.

Yep, that was a very big disappointment, not being able to hear the carillon.
It didn't soften the blow exactly of not being able to go at the last minute....

I already heard some snippets from some attending people via Twitter and Facebook, and that gave quite a good impression of how cool this must have been...
So hopefully they will add the carillon tot the recording.
Profile PM 
CH23 Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2012, 15:49

I'm pretty sure there will be bootleg recordings too.

I'm really sorry for you, Reena.
Profile PM 
Willem Offline

Posted: Aug. 22 2012, 12:14

I was there too. Average age of the audience was about 67. Oh well...

First of all, this was a really beautiful summer evening, like the which you'd expect to have on such occasion.
They actually performed the entire TB Side A and TBII 'Side A'. They used 2 electric piano's played by 4 musicians (as far as I could see). Of course, there was this fifth member playing the bells.

When they started, the city was actually very quiet which made is very special. Throughout the pieces, it remained quiet en people were really listening.

It's obviously a real achievement, doing the arrangements in the first place and they had fun performing as well.

The difficulty was keeping it interesting for an hour. They not quite managed to do so, though. You clearly miss some instruments and dynamics. It's the most 'mono' concert I ever heard! :-) All this music comes straight at you from the tower, very one-dimensional.

Nevertheless, a really special evening and worth the effort of travelling to Utrecht!
Profile PM WEB 
24 replies since Aug. 18 2012, 03:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net