Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells on Night of the Proms DVD< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 18 2007, 14:26

A new DVD 'The Best Of Night Of The Proms Volume 2', featuring Mike performing Tubular Bells at one of his Night Of The Proms appearances last year, has just been released. It's available to order from the Night Of The Proms website and costs 24 Euros plus delivery.

Thanks, ProjectZ
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 18 2007, 14:54

GREAT NEWS !!!!

HOWEVER .. I'm somewhat worried about entering my card details on an unsecure page ! ...I've never done that before !
It seems odd that you don't find out if your card number is sent securely until AFTER your've pressed the submit button ? ! If not secure ITS TOO LATE !

Neil
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2007, 17:39

Quote (HuanCry @ Sep. 18 2007, 20:54)
GREAT NEWS !!!!

HOWEVER .. I'm somewhat worried about entering my card details on an unsecure page ! ...I've never done that before !
It seems odd that you don't find out if your card number is sent securely until AFTER your've pressed the submit button ? ! If not secure ITS TOO LATE !

Neil

I did it....and it is ok!

Now, I am waiting for it!

:)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2007, 21:02

I live in Brazil and the DVD area and TV system is different,the only place where I can watch it is on my DVD player on my computer :(

Mike's performance was recorded on the 16/12/06,the second day in Cologne(and I was there,ha ha)
:cool:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Nicolas Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2007, 11:43

That was the day I was there too, IIRC.

Tati, were you also standing in the mid, front rows? (I was at about row 4, a bit left from the mid but that shouldn't matter as I assume the PA is mono). No, I'm not asking whether you saw me :D. What I want to know is whether you also thought the guitar was very silent in the mix often? Some Oldfield guitars were quite silent, and Ike Turner's guitar was virtually inaudible on the first song. Did you also notice this? Maybe I was just standing in a bad spot, I don't know. I was close enough to hear the strings directly :D but I often had problems hearing them through the PA.

John Miles' guitars and the E-band were loud in the mix, no problem there. (and john miles amazed me in how versatile he is as an artist. He brings his own work perfect, is an excellent Springsteen singer, did Shadow on the Wall perfect and I prefered him over Tony Henry in their duet.)
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 21 2007, 22:50

I was on the front row together with the spaniards(with my England football team jersey),and I thought the mix from where I was was amazing,I could clearly listen to Mike's guitar,the opposite from the NNOTP CD version,which you can barely hear it,which was a real pity,IMHO.

I was quite impressed with the sound quality - you could hear clearly the singers' voice,the instruments - even on international gigs here in Brazil,you can count in one hand how many of them the sound was perfect,at least on the ones I've attended(which were many,really).

I've always enjoyed John Miles' voice,besides being a MO fan I do like The Alan Parsons Project,and some of my fav tunes of APP features JM on vocals.He did a fantastic job on SOTW,he didn't want to emulate Roger Chapman,and it was the best choice to sing that tune @ NNOTP.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 22 2007, 06:50

why not Ommadawn?  :/  :)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 22 2007, 12:17

It's a greatest hits collection and Tubular Bells is Mike's greatest hit...so that's why not Ommadawn :)
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 22 2007, 16:48

Quote (Korgscrew @ Sep. 22 2007, 14:17)
It's a greatest hits collection and Tubular Bells is Mike's greatest hit...so that's why not Ommadawn :)

TB was the best choice: Mike did play the bass,which was something that he hasn't done a long time,and did an amazing job on the guitar solos with his PRS Custom.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2008, 09:11

I have uploaded the video-registration of Tubular Bells from the DVD to YouTube. I hope I won't get any "legal warnings". Just enjoy it while it's there! :)

Link

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Jan. 12 2008, 12:30

I've just seen it,a nice gift from that special night that I'll never forget in my life.Pity they didn't show the audience that much,but I've seen a red point somewhere on the moment they showed a little bit  :laugh:

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: June 26 2008, 07:22

According to NOTP-boss Jan Vereecke on his blog there will on be another Mike Oldfield track on the forthcoming DVD "Best of NOTP vol. 3"...
At least, Mike is mentioned in a list of artists who have agreed...
The release of the DVD is probably for september...
My guess : Moonlight Shadow or Shadow on the wall

--------------
the VANGELIS forum : Invisible Connections ( http://www.vangelis.fr/ )
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: June 26 2008, 07:56

Quote (ProjectZ @ June 26 2008, 09:22)
According to NOTP-boss Jan Vereecke on his blog there will on be another Mike Oldfield track on the forthcoming DVD "Best of NOTP vol. 3"...
At least, Mike is mentioned in a list of artists who have agreed...
The release of the DVD is probably for september...
My guess : Moonlight Shadow or Shadow on the wall

Yeah \o/

I think it'll be Moonlight Shadow,although I prefer Shadow on the Wall  :cool:

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2008, 10:34

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ June 26 2008, 13:56)

It will be Moonlight Shadow with Miriam Stockley
Not yet a releasedate announced... :)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Aug. 01 2008, 12:12

Quote (ProjectZ @ Aug. 01 2008, 12:34)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ June 26 2008, 13:56)

It will be Moonlight Shadow with Miriam Stockley
Not yet a releasedate announced... :)

My guess was right...Moonlight Shadow :D

Nice choice ;)

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2008, 10:05

The Tracklist for the Night of the Proms volume 3 dvd is known.
Most important track 05. Mike Oldfield & Miriam Stockley – Moonlight Shadow  :p

releasedate 3 october 2008

--------------
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Sep. 26 2008, 21:28

I can't wait to watch it...and the tracklist is also great!

And you can buy it here:
http://www.notp.com/belgie/antwerpen/shop/dvd3

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2008, 19:17

Sorry for the off-topic, but I've got a couple of comments about that TB @ NotP video...

1) If Mike could play bass so good in 2006, why didn't he play a real bass on the "Introduction" track of TB 2003? :D

2) What should be the loud organ chord in the middle of the piano theme is very poorly rendered here. That chord used to scare me when I listened to TB (1973) and it still did, somehow, when I heard it on TB 2003. But here it sounds like a bleep from a cheap Commodore 64 videogame. :p

P.S.: The order page is in only in Dutch! How are non-Dutch-speakers supposed to carry this through? I managed to, because, luckily, I know some German, and luckily Dutch looks a bit like German. :) However, an English version of the page would be most welcome, thank you. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2008, 03:15

English
Français
;)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
18 replies since Sep. 18 2007, 14:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net