Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 23 2003, 14:45

Some more...

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Aug. 23 2003, 14:45

...more...

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Aug. 23 2003, 14:46

the last...

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------

Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Feb. 11 2005, 10:09

This pic appeared on Q's review of TB III,and Mike looks fab on that...hope you like it!

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------

Profile PM WEB 

Posted: July 26 2005, 16:45

Thanks to Tracy(Tubular Belle) for sendin this one...

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2011, 19:34

That's handy a ready made topic! anyone know what this is all about? in the picture which is very strangely cut in a crude sort of plus\cross like shape for inclusion in such an important piece of work such as the album TBIII we get this (see link):-

Such a serious look on his face it looks to me like he is trying to tell us something! anyone know what?
is that the all seeing eye symbol within the delta\triangular pyramid on his SHADED hand? does it represent money? or the Masons or the eye of Horus, I wonder! any ideas?.

In the other palm of his hand on the high LIGHTED side is a symbol, what could that be & mean? come on fans over to you what do you think he is trying to tell the people who love his work enough to buy it???.

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 15 2011, 20:20

Yeah, Michael Cretu attacked him with a texta :laugh:
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 24 2011, 21:56

The all seeing eye of God on the left hand in SHADE (as we look at the picture) is a set of symbols which might imply a link to God but the eye would normally be within the delta sign which is considered to be a representation of the trinity of God BUT THIS LACKS THE 3 beams or shafts of light that would normally associate it with Christianity, and thus points not to God but maybe to either the Masons or the Dollar or both, i.e. MONEY?.
http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/symbols/eye_of_god.htm

On the the other palm (of hand we see to our RIGHT which is shown in full LIGHT) are a set of 2 symbols (or a letter that as yet we have not identified out of the the tens of thousands we have so far looked at) for now I think it is safe to assume that the two letters are Greek as this is the main type of letters\symbols Mike uses when he goes into his mystical mode of operation (modus operandi or MO) in encoding messages as on the various items including the Celtic Cross in tr3s Luna's & also the shield in MaestrO the messages (if that is what they are) are encoded in Greek letters & in this language each individual letter can have several meanings as they all have names.  In this case we see a χ or in Greek the symbol for Chi + it is joined to an ε which is the letter Epsilon (or var epsilon is more like what is seen in the photo & denotes the inverted-3 form) and these letters do have interesting meanings which I will for now leave you to check out on your own, however I will shed a little extra light by supplying a few links you may or may not like:-
Chi:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chi_(letter)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_mythology#Chi

Epsilon\var epsilon:
http://www.cs.brown.edu/system/software/latex/doc/symbols.pdf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epsilon#Symbol
http://vunex.blogspot.com/2007/03/e-at-delphi.html

Please note I have now created a central post on the Tubular Talk\general discussions board of the forum under SYMBOLS in MIKE'S WORK which has many links to information that may be useful in interpreting these symbols & it can be accessed via this link http://tubular.net/forums....t=10382

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2011, 10:05

Both symbols, in particular the one on the left, are definitely Egyptian-looking, not Christian. As they have nothing to do with the "Man in the Rain" song or with TBIII, I think they are just ornaments.

@ Olivier: in photo no. 2 Mike is saying: "Where the fuck is my guitar??" :laugh:

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2011, 10:36

And in 3 "WHO'S GOT 1T"? :(

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2011, 11:12

According to my sources the early international language of the area around the trading nations of the Mediterranean was Greek & the spread of the bible etc, which was carried out by the Apostles & early monks\preachers who took the "WORD OF GOD" up into what is now Russia and the Baltic regions etc was what took this language & with it the Cyrillic alphabet to the so called civilized world & beyond.

Yet it I do not believe it would be right to say that Mike is necessarily pointing purely to a Christian God or Christianity just because he (maybe) uses a particular alphabet's letters, I think it is fair to assume Mike has a much wider view of the religions of the world than to limit himself in that way.

However I do imagine that as do most spiritual people, that if there is a God this entity would be ONE & ALL OMNI and thus the name would not be as important as the belief or the way in which one chooses to live in 1T'S universe or creation & therefore the name or the religion is not what is critical.

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
kazav Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2011, 11:22

The one on the left (Mike's right) is definitely the "All Seeing Eye". The one on the right (Mike's left), I know I've seen before but wracking my brain to think of where.

--------------
The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2011, 18:53

The All-Seeing Eye is common in most religions around the world, I don't think it pinpoints to a specific one. I only thought it was Egyptian because the other symbol looks vaguely Arabic to me. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
J1Star Offline

Posted: April 02 2012, 15:38

The symbol on the right is Arabic, I swear. It's certainly not greek. I have to find out what it means... I do love that picture.
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: April 02 2012, 15:49

Quote (J1Star @ April 02 2012, 21:38)
The symbol on the right is Arabic, I swear. It's certainly not greek. I have to find out what it means... I do love that picture.

Looks rather like a variation on the Om to me.
Profile PM 
I3ELLSend Offline

Posted: Mar. 06 2013, 16:09

Hi Moderator I hope you see this first before my other post because I pressed to the add button instead of the preview on the last post I made on this topic by mistake. Please realise that I had not fully read or finished it & meant to press to preview the post prior to posting it active on the topic.

I hope this all makes sense to you after reading this & I do hope you will understand why I really need to be able to edit it further & I would therefore request that if at all possible you copy & send it back to me for further editing. Many thanks

PS I now see that not all posts need to be checked by a moderator first so please just post it up once you have seen that the picture is not something dodgy & I will edit the wording as & when. but once again sorry but  being new to all this I hope every one will give me a bit of freedom & forgive me when I make mistakes.

--------------
HOLA OLA (HELLO spanish ALL greek) IS IT A GOOD TIME TO CHANGE THE "ORDER"? & HOW DOES CRYING MAKE YOU FEEL? these are very deep questions, don't you think?
Profile PM 
21 replies since Aug. 20 2003, 21:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net