Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells II, One FM Radio Interview< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 03 2011, 01:09

Couldn't see this posted anywhere here.

Plays Guitar and Keyboards funny interview ..just before TBII Concert.

Taken from the Bootleg

I Met A Sweet Senora In Barcelona.

One FM Interview TBII
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 03 2011, 06:17

Really nice to hear that Colarnel.

Next time you watch the TB2 video at Edinburgh, look out for the keyboard player wearing black, dark hair, and thick rimmed glasses.
I advertised a keyboard for sale and he came round and bought it. I forget his name, but we had a good chat about the concert.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 03 2011, 06:45

Quote (Milamber @ April 03 2011, 01:09)
Taken from the Bootleg

Thanks, Millie. You obviously  have quite a collection of pirate recordings.  :D
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: April 03 2011, 07:48

:O  ;) Thanks !!!! Really good !!
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: April 09 2011, 07:29

I was trying to remember why the thought of stringing up Ugo had come to me and it was because it was something I was saving for you, Milamber, on account of your current avatar.  Ah well.  There's space on the bowsprit for you, you pesky pirate, and you'll make a tempting target for the sharks :)

Thanks very much for an absolutely fascinating listen.  Ten odd years ago, my early-internetting self looked at the evidence of I met... and Swollowed... and decided not to investigate further.  Didn't like the titles (I presumed they were Mike-related but they sounded like inspiration from Special Tobacco), really didn't like the covers (and I really still don't...) and frankly didn't fancy putting money the way of whoever was responsible, no matter that they would undoubtedly have made good listening.

And it's certainly a high-pitched thumbs up from me for Mike's performance.  I was working that week, but not listening to the afternoon shows.  I took Friday off and recorded the BBC2 concert and recorded the radio version back at work two days later, across two C-60 cassttes.  Still break those out once in a while to hear the proper bells.  I love the DVD to pieces but the released edit was never as good, and where's Carrie's bass in TBIII?!!!!

I'll forgive you your piratical past if you forgive my pointless pedantry, but the source of this gold was 1FM at the time.  It reached its apotheosis under Matthew Bannister, but Radio 1 was already trying to attract the cool kids away from trendy FM stations with a hip name.  Poor Steve Wright never liked saying it much :D

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 09 2011, 07:48

Quote (Cavalier (Lost Version) @ April 09 2011, 23:29)
I was trying to remember why the thought of stringing up Ugo had come to me.

It's a rite of passage for any true Tublarian...... :laugh:  :laugh:

Glad you liked it Cav, over at the H I'm trying to build the biggest  library of rare Mike tracks for free download/listen.

In fact I just obtained 15 monitor mixes of old songs ,Haven't listened to it yet but apparently they differ quite considerably from the originals :D

And just in an early acetate version of 5 Miles Out :) The Tom Newman mix.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 09 2011, 08:49

Quote (Milamber @ April 09 2011, 07:48)
, over at the H I'm trying to build the biggest  library of rare Mike tracks for free download/listen.

I've just been looking through this. Does anyone know whether a studio version of the Royal Wedding Anthem exists?
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: April 11 2011, 05:05

No, it hasn´t been properly recorded. The only recording was the live one made by the BBC.
Profile PM 
7 replies since April 03 2011, 01:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net