[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells for Two in Sydney< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubularbellsfor2 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 25 2010, 20:00

G'day all,
Daniel from Tubular Bells for Two here. Glad to hear there's some excitement brewing for the show!
For those of you who wanted a recording of the event, we've just posted some excerpts of a rehearsal on our website:
TUBULAR BELLS FOR TWO @ Myspace
Due to copyright reasons we're unable to sell the recording, but if you'd like to hear a full version we may be able to arrange a free CDR for you, just send us a message through the myspace page.
We may also post a video on youtube at a later date, keep your eye on the website for more details
Look forward to seeing you at the Vanguard!
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2010, 05:02

Hi Daniel, many thanks for the link. It should be a good show, really looking forward to it!
Profile PM 
tubularbellsfor2 Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2010, 23:21

Danny and Aidan are going to perform a 5 minute excerpt from Tubular Bells for Two on 'Thank God Its Friday' ABC 702 Sydney, Friday March 12. If you cant tune in, you can always listen to the podcast:
http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2010/02/12/2818187.htm
Profile PM 
emac Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2010, 02:52

I'm very much looking foward to seeing this. I'll be there!

emac.
Profile PM 
shaynw Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2010, 07:50

I was there, it was great,

too bad it was in one of the worst venues in the country...

Is Hergest Ridge next ?
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 13 2010, 23:36

My wife and i arrived early enough to hear the sound check (6 pm) the guys were playing the caveman section, from hearing this i knew we were in for a treat.
After copious amounts of red wine and meeting some truly great people (Vlad and Alison) the boys came on around 930 and i cant say this any other way they were FUCKING AWESOME jumping instruments galore , playing with passion and seeming to have fun whilst doing Mike's opus real justice .
How they worked this all out is just mind boggling .
During the bell whilst announcing the instruments we nearly wet ourselves when Aidan picked up this tiny glok and went to work with abandon and before we knew it part 1 was done and dusted.

After a standing ovation and a short break they were back on powering through part 2 , the double drumming on caveman was truly a highlight with vocals blowing all away finally  hitting the hornpipe letter perfect and wow it was done.

Special mention must be made for the imagery behind the guys with some of Mikes best moments imposed behind a giant bell.

We got to meet both of them after the gig really down to earth lovely guys.

I urged them to take this to you guys in Europe if they do you MUST check them out 10/10

As Wolfus said it really brings a tear to your eye

Thanks Aidan and Danny an unforgettable night. :)  :)  :)
Profile PM 
emac Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2010, 01:24

It was Brilliant!
          Aidan and Danny not only played the album but "captured" it so much of it had the same vibe as the original recording. I even enjoyed the mistakes (they just made it that bit more authentic)
I'd love to hear it again!

emac.
Profile PM 
tubularbellsfor2 Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2010, 03:30

Thanks to everyone who came along to the show last night! You were a fabulous audience and gave the night a great atmosphere. Special thanks to those who traveled from afar (milamber, emac, ex member 419), and thanks to wolfus for spreading the word.

We have a recording of the show and we'll post it up over the next week on our myspace page.

www.myspace.com/tubularbellsfortwo

There's also the podcast of Friday's TGIF on the ABC website, where we played an excerpt from Part One finale.

We're in the process of organising an Australia tour, and we'll keep you posted when its all booked in.

Thanks again,
Danny (TB42)
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2010, 13:14

Wow, wish I'd been there. Can't wait for you to post the recording on myspace!
Profile PM 
comicwiz Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2010, 22:35

Great Show Danny & Aidan!!!

2nd time for me as Wolf and I saw you late last year at The Vanguard, which is an awesome venue by the way.
I also loved  Brian Campeau's rendition of Pink Floyd's Animals album at last years show.

The Basement is another similar venue that would be worthy of your show.

Many thanks

Stuart
Profile PM 
wolfus Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2010, 02:24

yep the lads were great - again! I think i could watch this show another 50 times and not get sick of it - so good on you aidan and danny - I was so close i was getting wet from the sweat in the double drumming in the caveman part! we did call out "Deb" a couple of times, and some big, handsome grey bearded bloke smiled at me really sweetly - but I'm sorry I didn't meet more of yez. when the lads tour the country we should make it another great Aussie Oldfield event like the Adelaide Symphony's 2006 version of the David Bedford arrangement.. with a convention before and a big party after!
xxx wolfus
Profile PM 
shaynw Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2010, 17:01

can't wait for the recording

due to the absolute incompetence of the vanguard I didn't manage to record it myself.

but I am sure the quality of your recording will be much better than mine would have been :)
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2010, 05:40

Hi Daniel
Hope your both doing well  :)
Is the video/recording still coming (myspace)
Cheers
Profile PM 
tubularbellsfor2 Offline

Posted: April 30 2010, 11:40

Hey milamber,
So sorry, but we've had issues with the audio from the night... a real shame, but we're recording a promo DVD as we speak, as soon as its edited i'll get some youtube action happening. It'll be much better quality too. Also, possible Melbourne show later in the year... but early stages yet, so won't reveal any more than that.
Cheers
Danny
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 03:06

A Melbourne show (fingers crossed)....fantastic,front row for me this time :)
Really looking forward to some youtube action as well.
Cheers.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2011, 07:52

The boys are coming to Melbourne .

TB for 2

Worth the Trip Aussies :)
Profile PM 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2011, 07:00

Cant believe my bad luck...Ive just got back to England from Sydney.

Moving to the Gold Coast for a year shortly, the Mrs goes on the 18th April, but sadly I cant leave yet, too much to tie up otherwise I would have flown down to Melbourne (my favourite Aussie city).

Gutted.
Profile PM 
tubularbellsfortwo Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2011, 01:58

That's right!!! After winning 'Best Musical Moment' of the Sydney Fringe Festival, we're finally hitting Melbourne, April 29 - May 5, 2011 @ The Arts Centre. Tix on sale very soon.

It's even bigger than the last show, with extra little subtle parts for the fans :)

Follow us:
Twitter:@tubularbells42
www.facebook.com/tubularbellsfortwo
Profile PM 
37 replies since Feb. 16 2010, 01:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net