Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Caverns "Glitch", Is it really a glitch?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 22 2011, 08:36

I've just played the tubular bells caverns game again; and I was wondering just how necessary that "glitch" is that takes the player outside the whole system of caverns . I can see no way of collecting all the bells without the help of the glitch: there seems, for example, to be only one way in and one way out of the mirrored ball the player is led to. Moreover, the "glitch" is remarkably stable; I went back and used it at least four times. Any comments, anyone?
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2011, 08:30

Since there are no bells outside the cave, and you are free go all the way back to the start if you missed some (at least you can always get out through the tube and start all over), I see no need for the 'glitch' to finish the bells game.
I had some problems at the beginning to find all, since some are easy to miss if you go too fast and don't know where to look, but now it's not really difficult any more..
For me, the glitch is more to occasionally say hello to some abandoned creatures and pieces..
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2011, 08:38

Quote (a_r_schulz @ Jan. 23 2011, 08:30)
I had some problems at the beginning to find all, since some are easy to miss if you go too fast and don't know where to look, but now it's not really difficult any more..

Yes, I'm a bit rusty with the caverns game and probably missed some bells, although i went back and forwards a dozen times trying to spot ones I'd missed.

I also noticed when I entered the magic lamp that you get little glimpses of worlds not seen elsewhere in Maestro - there are a few flashes of a mesa landscape, and also what looks like an ocean (not the ocean world that you see at the end of the game).
Profile PM 
2 replies since Jan. 22 2011, 08:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net