Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Caverns< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 06 2008, 12:01

I remember reading somewhere on this site something about the Tubular Bells caverns, but I've forgotten where it was. Anyway, I've been exploring these, and I noted that at one point there's a kind of mosaic that enables you to pass through the caverns and see them from outside. I did this a couple of times: and eventually ended up in a variation of the Bird Cave! However, the birds were not on top of the pillars, and the rivers seemed impenetrable. Also, it seemed impossible to leave the cave, even by the exit tube (although I tried only three times). How does the Bird Cave feature in the Tubular Bells Cavern game - and what happens when the last Tubular Bell is captured, anyway? (I was down to about eight when I got trapped in the Bird Cave variation.)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 06 2008, 16:27

You've found one of the very few bugs that can be exploited in Maestro - that gap between the cavern wall and the coloured window was clearly something Colin had overlooked. By going out that way (and then going into the bird cavern) you've effectively entered a not-fully-functional version of the bird cavern. If you search the surrounding space, by the way, you'll encounter some very strange objects just floating around.

The answer to your last question is that in order to get into the bird cavern legitimately, you need to collect all the bells in the bell tunnels.
Profile PM 
1 replies since May 06 2008, 12:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net