Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells as clock, the hour hand and the minute hand< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 01 2023, 22:21

Perhaps it was the memory of the clockface in Maestro, but it occurred to me that the tubular bells image is rather like the hour hand and the minute hand of a clock. The right hand of course is longer than the left. I read the "time" formed by the bell-ends/hands as being 8.27. Free associating - could this be a reference to August 27? Perhaps that date is important in some way?
Profile PM 
Sentinel_NZ Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 02 2023, 16:56

Quote (nightspore @ April 01 2023, 22:21)
Perhaps it was the memory of the clockface in Maestro, but it occurred to me that the tubular bells image is rather like the hour hand and the minute hand of a clock. The right hand of course is longer than the left. I read the "time" formed by the bell-ends/hands as being 8.27. Free associating - could this be a reference to August 27? Perhaps that date is important in some way?

Prince in 1984 released a song called "I Would Die 4U"  (4U = 4/21) and sure enough Prince (According to the official story) died on 4/21 (2016).  Regarding Tubular Bells, there have been 50 August 27ths since it was released...which of those August 27ths is important?

Another one like that is Michael Jackson's album "Blood on the Dancefloor" cover, his arms are pointing, clockwise, to 9 and 11 (i.e. roughly 8:55), while he dances on a Masonic checkerboard in front of a metropolitan skyline, similar to New York's (in fact one of the buildings shown is clearly a "World Trade Centre" tower), with a lot of smoke (from explosions or collapsing buildings?) amongst the buildings in the background behind him.

Profile PM 
1 replies since April 01 2023, 22:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net