Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells among 10 great One-Man-Band albums< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 12 2008, 15:43

Gibson.com lists Tubular Bells among their 10 great one-man-band albums.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 12 2008, 16:11

Mikey boy is my favorite one-man-band,and it's nice to see a quote somewhere like on Gibson's website  :cool:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: July 12 2008, 17:19

It's great and all, but they could have filled the whole top 10 with Mike's albums :/
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: July 12 2008, 17:42

That`s a pretty cool list Mike`s in some good company there imo.And Tobin Sprout was a good call by whoever was responsible for doing that piece as well.I certainly did`nt expect to see his name crop up in there I must admit.As far as multi-instrumentalists go I think I expected to see Stevie Wonder in there somewhere.Although maybe he`s never actualy recorded an album where he`s played just about everything on it?More recently and off the top of my head I`d give a mention to Jason Falkner who is just a great songwriter.And loves to play everything in sight as well on nearly all of his albums.

One thing that does strike me though looking at that list I suppose.Is just how ridiculously individual Tubular Bells still is really in the context of it all.I don`t know maybe it`s easy to forget that sometimes?
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 12 2008, 22:15

Well....there wasn't much on the list that impressed me....besides MO I mean. Glad he was number 4. I've got a lot of respect for Steve Winwood.......Todd Rundgren was a fair producer, turned Grand Funk Railroad into Superstars(Mark Farner said he didn't do much tho)....the rest....hmmm...kinda are left in the wake by MO. But thats just me.....

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: July 13 2008, 05:05

These lists always do their wicked work on me. Now I want to go out and buy all those records! I've got the Macca record, I really love that one. Grant Lee Phillips used to front a band called Grant Lee Buffalo who were great, I didn't even know about that record though. For some reason I'm drawn to that Roy Wood record.

www.myspace.com/andrewtaylor1
Profile PM WEB 
James Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 19:32

Another poll put together by one man about one man bands ha!

I agree Mike could fill this top ten alone quite easily.

Im gonna put Anthony Phillips's very fine Slowdance pt1 and pt2 into this chart.There's a lot of great solo efforts out there huh! :D
Profile PM 
6 replies since July 12 2008, 15:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net