Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells 4 pianos/ballet adaptation< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 18 2007, 20:10

The 22nd High Performance Rodeo in Calgary will present on January 16, 17, 18 an adaptation of the first side of Tubular Bells by Calgary composer and concert pianist Marcel Bergmann, performed on 4 Steinway grand pianos by The Bergmann Duo and special guests Jeroen Van Veen and Hong Xu, along with 4 dancers from Alberta Ballet choreographed by Yukichi Hattori.
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 19 2007, 00:15

For a moment there I thought this was about Tubular Bells 4!  :O

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Markus K. Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 22 2007, 08:07

And I thought it sounded like a strange number for a rodeo show.  :laugh:

But it does sound like an interesting thing.

--------------
---
Markus K.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2007, 04:27

I read a few years ago Arlene Phillips from "Strictly Come Dancing" had TB1 down as one of her fav albums and from that I think she Choreographed a Ballet with "Hot Gossip" a sort of raunchy "Pans People"... Not sure if theres a tape of it anywhere.

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 24 2007, 06:47

Wow! Hot Gossip writhing about the place to Tubular Bells in it`s entirety.It hardly bears thinking about.God only knows what they would have made of the caveman sequence?They could have got the master of ceremonies to reel off articles of clothing.Whilst the dancers then went about provactively removing such items...Mmmmm!?! "Two slightly distorted bra cups."...If ever a video did come to light,I`d never be able to listen to it in the same way ever again.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2008, 16:04

Hector Campos,webmaster of Mundo Mike Oldfield,interviewed the man behind this project:

English Version:
http://www.mundomikeoldfield.com/marcelenglish.htm

Spanish version:
http://www.mundomikeoldfield.com/marcelbergmann.htm

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Marky Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2008, 07:24

This sounds like a fantastic idea and I for one am waiting for it to become available with great interest. Their website shows it will be excellently played. I have always wanted to hear a piano version of some of Ommadawn, the guitar parts would make magnificent solo piano adaptations.
Profile PM 
6 replies since Dec. 18 2007, 20:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net