Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells 2009 Caveman "lyrics", Quite different from 2003 version...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 18 2009, 08:54

Didn't realise it was that long ago.I never really looked into it in any great depth though.
 The names of some of the bits have been around since the 70's.For example on the Essential vid Mike is interviewed in 1980 talking about side 2 and he describes the section where the mandolins come in after the organ/acoustic guitar duet as a 'romantic tune'.In the Tubular Bells music book released in around 1974/75 there's an analysis of the album by David Bedford in which he describes this section as 'romantic tune' and also there's a mention of bagpipe guitars,although this one's obvious really because on the cover they are listed as 'guitars sounding like bagpipes'.I think he mentions the caveman in this as well but i may be wrong as i haven't had my copy for years because a music teacher stole it (or borrowed it and never gave it back) when i was at school.Sadly he passed away a few years ago and i don't know where i can get a replacement although the rest of the text is available in the articles section on the main site.
 I fully intend to get my paws on the full on box when i get paid next week.I've been a fan of this album since i was in the womb.My dad was a fan and played it to death and my earliest memory of any music is TB so i owe it to myself to buy it.Thanks for the link Ugo but i'm using a PC supplied by my work so we're limited in what we can do.
I shall have that box though! :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Almohan Offline

Posted: June 18 2009, 10:06

the 'female' part in Caveman 2003 wasn't Sally - it was Mike with a vocal effect. We estabilished that 6 years ago, in here. Before him, Prince in 1984 sang "Erotic City" and George Michael in 1987 sang "Hard Day" with various different voices, one of which (in both songs) sounded definitely feminine.
Say, would you know if Dale de Vere actually is Joe Jackson's female voice? Some of us can't wait anymore. . . ;)
Profile PM 
Almohan Offline

Posted: July 06 2009, 03:59

Oups ! I misplaced this post. I delete and relocate.
Profile PM 
Simon M Offline

Posted: June 16 2011, 06:25

I love this thread! It's how I stumbled upon this forum.  :)
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2011, 08:55

Quote (Ugo @ June 17 2009, 21:33)
@ prisoner: As far as I remember, Mike originally intented "The Caveman Song" to have lyrics - he wrote a «teenage angst» set of lyrics to it. But then he got very drunk (together with Tom Newman and Viv Stanshall, I suppose... :D) and decided that the piece would work better with screamed nonsense lyrics.

So in the end they do make sense? or just nonsense? I suppose its all a question of how deep you go! in order to find his intenDed message & how sobering you find the answer to Mike's alleged very drunken screams.

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2011, 20:12

THE CAVEMAN IS TOTAL NONSENSE. FULL STOP.

Please let's stop all of this in all of the threads. It's really making me sick.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 23 2022, 13:35

Thanks Ugo!
26 replies since June 16 2009, 09:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net