Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells 2003 Press Conference in Madrid< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 03 2003, 19:03

According to Warner Spain, Mike will be in Spain on May 22, 23 and 24 to launch Tubular Bells 2003. Updated May 12: there will be a press conference on May 22 at 12:00 at Palacee de los Duqes de Pastrana (Palacio de la Once). Journalists will be able to listen to the 5.1 mix of Tubular Bells 2003 from 11:00. Spanish ad (326K JPEG) annoucing the release for May 27.
(Thanks, Santi Ruiz)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 03 2003, 19:37

Sounds very nice...but 3 days to promote TB2003...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 03 2003, 19:51

Why in Spain?? Why not in G. Britain? That's more obvious, no?

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 

Posted: May 03 2003, 20:43

Mike´s record contract is with Warner Spain,not UK.
That´s the reason for that.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
christopher Offline

Posted: May 03 2003, 23:35

Will it be open to the public?  Not like I'll have time to drop everything and run to Spain... LOL :p  

Though I'm going to visit there in the summer, I hope! :)  Anyone have a place for a fellow Mike Oldfield fan to stay in Barcelona, Madrid, and Ibiza?

Christopher

PS would someone please find me a poster (very big preferably) for TB2003?  I would greatly appreciate any help in acquire such an item and will pay a 'reasonable' price.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 04 2003, 05:43

jeeeez, everytime in spain again....  :/

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Melomaniac Offline

Posted: May 04 2003, 07:32

Why in Spain? Because, unfortunately, this is only the place where public still play him some attention, where WEA was interested in signing a recording contract with him, where media covered exahustively the launching of Tres Lunas, ( all kinds of opinions, of course), where you can listen to his music promoted on the radio, where you can purchase his new singles easily...Don´t misunderstand me because I´m Spanish, on the contrary, I keep on thinking that it was a mistake to sign with a filial ( Spanish or whatever), I knew this is a way only to get less audience, I will always prefer a more international Oldfield so all I´ve said above it´s said in anger.
Of course, we must applaud the Spanish audience, no need to mention.
What I would like to know is what the reasons for that are: anybody knows?
Profile PM 
Melomaniac Offline

Posted: May 04 2003, 07:41

Sorry, I wanted to write "pay him attention", not play.
Greetings from Spain. Welcome again Mike. What about the concerts, there are no news and I think it´s time we should know something. Mmmm...I don´t like the look of this.
Profile PM 
Mariano
Unregistered

Posted: May 04 2003, 10:51

¿Por qué hablamos en inglés si casi todos somos españoles?
 Hello everyone!!!  Best regards from Spain!!!   The time has...come??????  Where is the promotion, the radio, tv????????????????

Posted: May 04 2003, 14:26

Quote (Guest @ May 04 2003, 13:51)

The fact is,this is an international forum....and english is the language most people know(even if it´s just a little bit),so you can communicate that well.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Tieò_mesaèného_svitu Offline

Posted: May 04 2003, 14:55

This will be quite off topic but I must post it:

Tubular Prayer

Our Mike, who art a musical legend,
popular be thy name again.
Tubular Bells 2003's release date come.
Promote your albums properly,
in the rest of the world as you do in Spain.

Give us next time a completely new album.
Forgive us our critical comments,
as we forgave you the bass sound.
And let us not to get fed up with Tubular Bells,
but do a world tour.
Amen.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: May 04 2003, 14:58

Quote (Guest @ May 04 2003, 10:51)

i think it's not completely true that most of people here are spanish... i'd say there are people all around the world... please, be nice and share what u think in english (sometimes it's not easy i know... but it's a challenge :))

btw... mr. oldfield, madrid welcomes u again :)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
-TWin3OR- Offline

Posted: May 04 2003, 15:32

And..... What about the tour in Europe?????
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: May 04 2003, 16:48

Quote (Tieò_mesaèného_svitu @ May 04 2003, 14:55)
Forgive us our critical comments,
as we forgave you the bass sound.

Haha!! Thanks Tieò_mesaèného_svitu!
Profile PM 
Pedro García
Unregistered

Posted: May 04 2003, 17:26

The comment of Mariano is only a joke. Possibly you don't understand it but it's our humor. We will always speak in English, don't worry.
P.D. Es que los pobres no entienden nuestro humor, Mariano, qué le vamos a hacer ;)
Cazinaaa
Unregistered

Posted: May 05 2003, 10:32

Wawww Mike in my city. That´s good. Spain is diferent :D (con dos cojones jejeje)
zinho
Unregistered

Posted: May 05 2003, 16:06

Hi!! I am a spanish boy who lives in Madrid. Today i have gone to Warner Music Spain. They´ve told to me that they haven´t yet confirmed, but the next week i will can to speak with the Local Artist Boss there, and then i will know when and where will Oldfield be. But they confirmed me that Oldfield will be in Spain at the end of May.
Sorry for my English!! Bye!!!
Tomás
Unregistered

Posted: May 06 2003, 11:53

And now, the question is: What about the premier concert?
christopher Offline

Posted: May 07 2003, 01:18

Paul and Chris of Dark Star

I know you two read this forum so how about answering a question on release in America...

I went to my local record shop (Sam Goody) today and asked if they had a release date for Tubular Bells 2003 on their list of releases... well BIG SURPRISE... NOT!... TB2003 was not listed anywhere and they have all the new releases through the end of the summer.  So if WEA is ACTUALLY releasing this "worldwide" on May 27th... how come no shop in America including Amazon.com have a clue about it???  Is America just dreaming WEA said this???

Christopher
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 07 2003, 05:28

Hmm...I think 'worldwide' is Warner-Speak for 'in spain' ;)

They'd probably give you some kind of twisted definition if you were to ask them what they mean by worldwide (perhaps the answer is something like "Sure, we're releasing it worldwide...we won't ship any copies outside Europe, but it'll be released everywhere...").

Perhaps if everyone in the US who wants a copy (along with those people who can't play it because of the copy protection) organised a mass public bootlegging of the album, then they'd get the message that perhaps they should be conducting their business slightly differently...
Profile PM 
47 replies since May 03 2003, 19:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net