Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells 2003 DVD-Audio released in Spain< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Keld
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 22 2004, 14:51

Got my Box set 1 week ago

GREAT

DVD audio RULES

Keld
Denmark
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 22 2004, 17:02

I hope there will be a DVD box for North America (Canada get the CDs, so there is hope - but the TB2&3 DVDs were not released there). For now, no sign of life of Tubular Bells 2003 DVD-Audio here though...
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 22 2004, 17:19

Quote (Stocken @ Jan. 22 2004, 04:59)
Most notably, in Mike's own note there is serious (I think) misspelling of Kevin Ayers name (Ayres).

Humm,I´d love to see a transcript of Mike´s notes for TB 2003 DVD-A!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Jan. 22 2004, 17:21

Quote (Olivier @ Jan. 22 2004, 18:02)
I hope there will be a DVD box for North America (Canada get the CDs, so there is hope - but the TB2&3 DVDs were not released there). For now, no sign of life of Tubular Bells 2003 DVD-Audio here though...

Here in Brazil,it´s almost impossible to see TB 2003 DVD-A version to be released here...but we´ll never know...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Anonymizeruk Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2004, 23:26

Hi Folks.

Finally, I can see what my Audidy 2 system can do!

Just in case any fellow UK fans are interested, Play.com are selling the DVD-A single disc (TB 2003 only) for £12.99 delivered.

http://www.play.com/play247....=138016

Another reply once I have listened to the DVD!
Profile PM 
zinc Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2004, 12:34

according to play.com the DVD A Tubular Bells 2003 single edition is the top selling DVD in this category ahead of REM etc. Good to see MO at top of the charts.  :)
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2004, 13:12

In Sweden the releasedate once again has been pushed forward. February 11 is the new release date. It seems like I never will get my hands on these discs :(

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2004, 18:01

Well the wait is over..for most of us.

The audio on the TB 2003 section of the disc is superb. The mix is not as bad as we have been told and 'Ambient Guitars' is brilliant, although the
'Sailor's Hornpipe' makes me quesy !!  :D

My son loves that though.  

The demos are incredible.
Here you have a young (17?) year old using the most primitive of recording equipment - ingeniously - and produces a demo, which in places is barely different than the original.
Most of Part 1 is present, with a few noticible differences, and there is are no bells to be heard.
Part 2 is about half it's usual length, with two versions of the
'Peace' section.

For sure, the sound quality is not perfect, but it's perfectly listenable, and there are dropouts, and sudden cut offs, but that is part of it's charm, much like the original finished article.

A note to fans across the water, the disc shows no region code that I can see, but it's fair to assume it's a region 2-6 release, like other Warners discs.
The menus and TB II and III excerpts, however, are in NTSC, for some reason, so an American release can't be too far off.
High Fidelity Review said the disc was being mastered in the UK for worldwide distribution, when they were discussing the mastering problems that led to the release delays.
Profile PM 
27 replies since Jan. 15 2004, 12:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net