Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells 2003 DVD-Audio released in Spain< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 15 2004, 12:34

The Tubular Bells 2003 DVD-Audio has been released in Spain.
(Thanks, Lord Of The Bells)

You can get it at Amazon.co.uk (£11.99). The Tubular Bells DVD box is also available (£26.24).

It will be released in Japan on Feb 18 and in North America on Feb 24 by Rhino.

HighFidelityReview has published another news story about it.
Profile PM 
Pugwash
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 15 2004, 19:53

Play.com are listing my order's release date as 26th Jan.
Jerome C Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 16 2004, 06:01

And in France also. Some of our local fans already have it. ;)

I don't... I'd need to buy DVD-A player, or at least a DVD player + a new TV, + the 5.1 sound system... too much investment for one DVD-A !

But I think the lucky ones will really enjoy that.

And read the very interesting interview on his website (HiFiNews magasine, nov. 2003). You'll want to listen to it more !

Cheers

--------------
Jerome C
(long time out of here, but always having MO in mind somewhere)
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2004, 07:09

My retailer lists the DVD-box and the DVD-audio version of TB2003 for release on january 14. But they are not released here in Sweden yet anyway.

If France will get it on january 26 i suppose it will end up in Sweden arund the same time.

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2004, 17:46

From what I  can see,the release date for the DVD-Video and TB 2003 DVD-Audio boxset is 19th January, and the standalone DVD-Audio for the week after.

BTW, any word on the contents / extras of the Spanish release ??
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2004, 20:22

Humm...and what about the famous Tubular Bells demos from TB 2003 DVD-A?
No comments at all ´til now?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Anacleto de divorcia
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 17 2004, 10:35

Tati, the demos are including in this DVD-A
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2004, 10:36

Yeah, Tati

that's what worries me. I hear no mention of the demos.
Let's hope there still on the release.
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2004, 10:41

Thanks Anceleto,

Your reply reached me just after I posted.
Great news !! Are the demos any good?   :)
Profile PM 
zinho
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 17 2004, 11:52

Hello, i am the administrator of Lord Of the Bells. I bought the DVD Audio the other day.

Well, i have a 5.1 system sound and i must to say that the DvD is an incredible experience. The instruments sound like it plays live on you own room. I think thw best momento are the ending of "Finale", and Sailor´s Hornpipe, where the instruments dancing around you.

The Demos: Wow!!! I think they are the best surprise that Mike could give us. In the booklet, Mike says that he recorded this demos when he was in the Kevin Ayers band, living in Totenham, and that he recorded with a simple guitar, a bass, a Farfisa Organ and a set toy bells for children. There are Five demos: "Tubular bells", which is very original and imppresive for its best sound and the Mike´s big tecnique. Then, is the "Caveman-lead id ( i think), "Caveman", without lyrics, and "Peace demo A and demo B", two ways of the wondeful same song.

Sorry for my English!!!

P.D: The Dvd cost 31´50 Euros
KeltiK
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 18 2004, 07:42

Hi, Zinho I'm a Spaniard, where could I get the DVD-A?
Btw, when it will be finally released the DVD BOX with london,berlin,edinburgh...?

Hola Zinho, soy español, donde puedo hacerme con el dvd audio?
Por cierto, cuando saldra finalmente la caja con los dvd d londres, berlin,edimburgo...?
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Jan. 18 2004, 11:20

Hi Zinho,

Thanks very much for the information.
Sounds great. I can't wait to hear it on my new
DVD-Audio player.

BTW, your English is fine... much better than my Spanish  :D
Profile PM 
Melomaniac
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 19 2004, 05:46

Hi, Keltik:

I´m a Spaniard as well. I haven´t the dvd-a yet but I ordered it at El Corte Inglés, some of these markets in some towns have copies in stock, in Cordoba, where I live, I had to order it. You can find it in El Corte Inglés music section web too.
Greetings
Zinho
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 19 2004, 14:59

Hi, i am here again. I will write in Spanish-English this time.

In Madrid you cand find it in Madrid Rock, At least i bought it there. In Fnac I asked but they didn´t know anything about it. A friend o my comunity-web said me that he found it in Sevilla, in a Shop called Sevilla Rock, I think, but there only had one DVD on sale...

En Madrid puedes encontrartelo en Madrid Rock seguro, al menos yo lo compré allí. En la Fnac pregunté tras comprármelo y no sabían. Un amigo de mi Comunidad-web (a la que por cierto, os invitó a venir: http://groups.msn.com/LordofTheBells) me comentó qu en Sevilla, en Sevilla Rock, creo, también estaba, pero tan sólo un único DVD. Que triste.

Espero haberte ayudado. Un saludo. ¡Y muchas gracias!

Thanks to everyone!!! Best Wishes from Madrid.Lord of the bells
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2004, 16:34

New releasedates in Sweden for Tubular Bells DVD-audio version and the DVD-box is 21st and 23rd of januar.

A quite big pricequt has been made on the DVD-box. Earlier it cost over 549:- swedish crownes. Now its down to 399:-

I really do hope that these two products lies in my mailbox on thursday :)

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
distorted_guitar Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2004, 05:26

I understand that the TB 2003 DVD-A is out in the UK next Monday (26th Jan) - I have it on order from my local independent record store.

Best wishes

Neil :)
Profile PM 
Pugwash
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 21 2004, 15:09

Play.com shipped my order today.  :cool:
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Jan. 22 2004, 02:39

Same here.

If Play.com are as quick as usual, I'll have mine by Monday, the release date. This date must be pretty firm now, if retailers are getting stock.

Not long to wait now ...  :)
Profile PM 
Stocken Offline

Posted: Jan. 22 2004, 03:59

Hello All!

Bought my copy of the DVD-box yesterday in a local record store here in Gothenburg, Sweden.

As usual there seems to be some errors in the sleeve notes. Since I'm not a musician all the technical mumbo-jumbo is beyond me, but it seems they have made a point of using a lot of rather esoteric language and designations.

Most notably, in Mike's own note there is serious (I think) misspelling of Kevin Ayers name (Ayres).

I also noted that there were no comments at all about the surround mix, everything seemed to be about the recording of the "normal" stereo version.

Best regards, Philip.  :)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 22 2004, 05:31

The boxed set was out yesterday in the UK as well. I'm not quite sure who's going to buy it, seeing as everyone who wants the other two DVDs is going to have bought them already, but still...we know one group of people who are going to buy it - that's fans who can't wait to get their hands on the DVD-A. Warner will be laughing all the way to the bank in their cases.
Profile PM 
27 replies since Jan. 15 2004, 12:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net