Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells 2003< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Dr Bogenbroom Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 20 2015, 11:11

I have heard Tubular Bells a couple of times, and wondered if I should move onto '2003' first rather than TBII. I understand it is a note-by-note remake using modern studio technology. As with all these things some people love it and some hate it; but my question is: is it worth it? I only have a normal stereo system so will not get the benefit of surround sound etc.

Apologies if there is already a thread about this. I couldn't find it if there is.

--------------
Dancing the Entropy Tango
Profile PM 
qcfoetus Offline

Posted: July 20 2015, 12:41

Interesting question. Having the opportunity to select between both approaches is quite unique! I would go with TB 2003 right away. It's more much than just a note-by-note remake. There are subtle changes all over that make for a different atmosphere. Also, getting TB 2003 "out of the way" will allow you to focus on the evolution from TB I to TB II and III. You're in for a quite treat IMHO. Enjoy!
Profile PM 
Dr Bogenbroom Offline

Posted: July 20 2015, 14:09

Quote (qcfoetus @ July 20 2015, 12:41)
Interesting question. Having the opportunity to select between both approaches is quite unique! I would go with TB 2003 right away. It's more much than just a note-by-note remake. There are subtle changes all over that make for a different atmosphere. Also, getting TB 2003 "out of the way" will allow you to focus on the evolution from TB I to TB II and III. You're in for a quite treat IMHO. Enjoy!

Thanks. I actually listened to the original recording online, through headphones, but may not pick up on the differences yet. Will try 2003 tonight, which I have on CD.

--------------
Dancing the Entropy Tango
Profile PM 
AwayWeGo Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2015, 18:11

Quote (Dr Bogenbroom @ July 20 2015, 14:09)
Quote (qcfoetus @ July 20 2015, 12:41)

Thanks. I actually listened to the original recording online, through headphones, but may not pick up on the differences yet. Will try 2003 tonight, which I have on CD.

R.I.P. CD player...

Be careful that you don't keep playing a protected copy. It can damage your player.

I have a current topic in the TB 2003 forum btw (:
Profile PM 
3 replies since July 20 2015, 11:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net