Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tres Lunas & MVR presentation in Valencia, June 3< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 11 2002, 16:04

According to a Los 40 article, 'Tres Lunas' will be launched in 'la Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències' in Valencia, Spain, on June 3. It will include a CD with the music and a second CD with the game. Mike signed a 3 albums contract with Warner Spain. (Thanks, StRiXx)

Plus: Levante article (w/photo) (thanks, José Manuel), Las Provincias article (w/photo) (thanks, Nacho Marin), another Los 40 article (w/cover) (thanks, José Manuel)

According to the Official Mike Oldfield Information Service, "the centre will host the press conference on May 29th and afterwards attention will shift to the IMAX Theatre (allegedly Europes largest planetarium) where Mike will give the first public demonstration of Music VR. A chill-out party will take place in the evening with the theme of relaxation, through water, light and ambient music." (updated Apr 26)
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 11 2002, 16:34

See you in Valencia...!!!

But, what will be the launching event?

It will be a live?
It will be a press-only event?

Mistery...

.-. .- -.. .. --- .- -.-. - .. ...- .. - -..--

•MiG3 >>Dans leurs cactus, il y a des cactus.

--------------
http://starmen.net/petition
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Nacho Offline

Posted: April 11 2002, 16:51

Well, it will be fantastic to see Mike, ten minutes walking from home. I'll check for details with my friends in La Ciutat de les Ciencies museum
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: April 11 2002, 16:55

I must say that the first building from the Scienc and Arts City, an Imax called L'Hemisferic was intended to open with a Mike concert. Instead, they chose Michael Nyman Gattaca's premiere performance. It was a very windy day and the tablatures flew away from Nyman. It was really funny!! That was 3 or 4 years ago. Now, they are going to open the biggest Oceanographic Park in Europe, so it is not difficult to think that they will try to bring Mike to focus the attention. I was just thinking about the whales in TSODE and the dolphins in MVR!!!!!
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: April 11 2002, 16:58

Sorry for more messages... but the Nyman concert was entirely broadcasted on the local TV, Canal 9, so those who cannot attend the concert or whatever it be, we will prepare our videos for you!!!!
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: April 11 2002, 17:13

la Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències Hey man, (and excuse me for the offtopic) I won a design contest for "la Ciutat"... I´m soooooooooooo happy!!!

.-. .- -.. .. --- .- -.-. - .. ...- .. - -..--

•MiG3 >>Dans leurs cactus, il y a des cactus.

--------------
http://starmen.net/petition
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
dabidovich Offline

Posted: April 11 2002, 17:19

Fuck, fuck, fuck... ...I hate my fucking june exams. I live in Madrid but I´m afraid I won´t be able to go to Valencia on June 3. I like Valencia, I like 'la Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències' (it´s wonderful), I like Mike's music... ...but I DO NOT LIKE my fucking exams frown. Fuck, fuck, fuck...

For anyone who will go: enjoy and post your comments
Profile PM 
Stuart Breed Offline

Posted: April 11 2002, 18:50

Can any of the spainish fans let me know how far and how east it is to get to Vallencia from Majorca please?
Fingers crossed and a good wind, I might be in Spain with some time off.

--------------
Stu
Profile PM WEB 
Nacho Offline

Posted: April 11 2002, 19:20

For Stuart, try this link for boats between Valencia and Palma de Mallorca:

http://www.trasmediterranea.com/horarios/Palbal.pdf

And don't worry. Valencia is the 3rd main city of Spain. You can find arrangments for travel easily.

Maybe we can watch a concert, but it seems rather difficult. I think they will project something or do a laser show with fireworks. (Valencian fireworkers are among the best in the world; Mike finished his 99 concert in Valencia with a spectacular fireworks show).
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: April 11 2002, 22:53

Ohhhhhh! How I wish I was back in Europe in June - instead i'll be in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - well, at least I can follow the happening on Tubular.net!

When are ya comin' to Singapore Mike?

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Tubular Belle Offline

Posted: April 12 2002, 03:49

Nacho, so you live 10 minutes away!!! I think we would all like to sleep on your floor!
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: April 12 2002, 06:31

Is this the world premier of Music VR or what? Does somebody know anything more about this?

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
Stuart Breed Offline

Posted: April 12 2002, 09:44

To Nacho.Thank you very much for the information.

--------------
Stu
Profile PM WEB 
DavidB Offline

Posted: April 12 2002, 14:44

Mmmm......don´t know.

I honestly doubt about every new posted by "Cadena 40 principales"...Before we all get to much excited about this, let´s wait any other reports and confirmations.

Anyway, if this event comes to light, should be interesting...Let´s see.

D.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Posted: April 12 2002, 16:02

Translation that Ocatavio Molano (OMA) sent to the Amarok mailing list:

The Spanish audience loves Mike Oldfield, they really do. In fact, Spain is one of the countries in Europe where he sells more records and is most successful. For this reason, Warner Music Spain, the Spanish filial of the multinational label, has made a three record contract with the British multi-instrumentalist and composer. The first one will see the light next 3rd of June and its name will be "Tres Lunas". The world premiere of this work will be held in the "Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències" ("Art & Science City"), in Valencia.

Mike Oldfield (Reading, England, 15th May 1953) is, from now on, a Spanish artist. The creator of the famous "Tubular Bells" - in its three volumes - and "Moonlight Shadow", among other hits, has always felt a special passion for Spain. Proof of that is that during a long time he lived in Ibiza, an island in which he composed some of his works, as "Voyager" (1996) or "Tubular Bells III" (1998). In any case, even if now has returned back to his British homeland, he still has that special predilection for our country.

Oldfield comes back into the spotlight again with double news. First, because he has signed a three record contract with Warner Music Spain, the Spanish filial of the multinational discographic label (so he is now considered as an Spanish artist), which was signed after the original label gave him the possibility to choose freely another label to publish his works. And second, because next 3rd of June he will publish with his new label his album number 22, the title of which will be "Tres Lunas". The first single will be "To Be Free".

The world premiere of "Tres Lunas" will be celebrated in our country, more exactly in the "Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències" in Valencia, where journalists from all over the world will see the come back of the precursor of the now so fashionable "chill out" phenomenon.

MVR, a musical videogame with several episodes

"Tres Lunas" will include, in addition to the musical themes, a second CD with the first episode (also called "Tres Lunas") of Music VR (MVR), a musical videogame in which the musician has been working since several years. In the first album there will be a free demo, but to have the full version, you'll have to register online and pay an extra amount - not very high, it seems - to download it from the Internet. MVR will be also downloadable without the need of buying "Tres Lunas".

Mike Oldfield is one of the most prestigious musicians of the UK. His debut was when he was just 17 years old with "Tubular Bells" (1973), and since then, his talent and creative capacity have made him sell more than 40 million records worldwide. Among his biggest hits are works like "Moonlight Shadow", "Family Man", "To France" or "Five Miles Out" among others.
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: April 12 2002, 17:31

Why are always Mike's world premier concerts announced so late? Now I won't be able to go to this one either. I already missed two frown

By the way, the logotype is changed on the MVR-site at www.mikeoldfield.com Thats all update we've got for a while now. Wonder when the new demo is finished?

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Posted: April 12 2002, 17:38

I doubt there will be a concert. Most likely something like the TSODE launch.

So, Mike signed with Warner, and then with Warner Spain? It's not very clear to me. Does anybody understand this? Did he sign with Warner Spain for Spain and with Warner for the rest of the world, or only with Warner Spain?
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: April 12 2002, 17:43

What happened att the TSODE-premier. I wasn't an oldfield fan bakc then and have no clue of what happened then. Please tell me.

Oliver: Me too not gripping this with two different recordcompanies! Does somebody know what this actually means?

--------------

Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: April 12 2002, 18:27

Hey Abidovich
FUCK Those exams....
theweightless Offline

Posted: April 13 2002, 04:00

i hope that mike beeing "spanish" now won't make it harder to get that album. or does it have any meaning where he's signed to warner. i don't understand these things...

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
46 replies since April 11 2002, 16:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net