Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tres Lunas & MVR presentation in Valencia, June 3< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Melomaniac Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 13 2002, 06:14

OK, I am Spanish so I should be happy, but when I read these news in a spanish web last Thursday, the same questions as Olivier and others fans came to my mind: Has Mike signed a contract with Warnwer and Warner Spain at the same time? It doesn«t make any sense, does it?. Moreover, The news tell the multinational has set Mike free for him to look the best way to release his music. On the other hand, if Mike has only signed to the spanish filial ( it«s true my country is his best market), does it mean greater companies including Warner are not interested in Mike«s music any more? Will there be problems in distribuition for fans from abroad? I know that Warner Spain is a strong company for spanish musicians and latin american, but what about the rest of the world? I«ve always thought in Mike as an international and great artist, famous around the world, does the news mean he has reduced his category as an artist?
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: April 13 2002, 06:58

To be free will be released in 20th May. (sorry, false alarm)
Tr3s Lunas, in 27th May.
The presentation (maybe with an event) in 3th June.

--------------
http://starmen.net/petition
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Tubular Belle Offline

Posted: April 13 2002, 07:08

At least To be Free should give us a little taste of what to expect and also breaks up the waiting time for the album by 7 days.

I think Mike's music is not considered commercial enough to evoke the interest of the major, parent company labels, hence the reason why only a subsidiary took him on. Hopefully, it will not impact on distribution rights. Could this mean the end is near?????
Profile PM 
gvcobb Offline

Posted: April 13 2002, 09:59

perhaps with all this speculation one should ask the dark star team for clarrification!
Profile PM 
Tubular Belle Offline

Posted: April 13 2002, 13:22

Yeah but the Dark Star Team gives us diddly squat which is why we are forced to rely on other forms of communique. Bah! frown
Profile PM 
gvcobb Offline

Posted: April 13 2002, 13:35

well perhaps a quote from the dark star website is in order here- since recent info on this subject seems far from real and seems figments of some european over inflated imagination!- the quote then "All official news and related information will be posted here as soon as it is available and confirmed as fact by Mike Oldfield or his organisation. As we avoid reporting on rumours or supposition, updates can appear less frequent than some fansites!".

there you go!
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 13 2002, 15:09

Ah... That's probably why we don't know yet who won their "new" competition (for the promo of Elements) which was supposed to end on January 31 (2002)... They want to make sure with Mike that their competition is not a rumour...
Profile PM 
DavidB Offline

Posted: April 13 2002, 15:31

XDDDDDDDDDDD

Yeah! Olivier, that´s my point of view about those people!

A quote , do we deserve this "Official Information Service"???
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 13 2002, 15:59

As far as I'm aware, they announce the news when they recieve it from Mike's team and similar official sources. I don't think that the MOIS can really be blamed if the official sources that they're relying on haven't told them anything, which could well be the case here.
Profile PM 
Melomaniac Offline

Posted: April 14 2002, 06:33

Maybe the news is no true, as somebody has said before, LOs 40 are not the best source to trust in, but we can´t forget there are at least three different sources, among them the spanish Rolling Stone magazine web ( I think they put it in their news section two o three days ago). Moreover, the spanish web www.mundo-mikeoldfield.es.vg states they have exclussive news from Warner in Madrid Which say there will be a strong promotion for the album, it will begin being airplayed on radio stations on 26th April ( I suposse in Spain), and in Warner´s people oppinion in Madrid, To Be Free is " better than good, it´s extraordinary" ( What can they say?, they have to sell it).
Anyway, who knows? All this question could be a sort of "McLuna´s in McDonald,s" joke.:-))
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: April 14 2002, 06:44

The news about Mike are appearing in more Spanish music sites like www.ritmic.com
I think Mike have to say something, don't you? For example, say clear if there will be a concert or not... because in the Los 40 site says only 'Presentation'.

Unregistered

Posted: April 15 2002, 08:11

Our webmaster moved on in February,which explains the lack of updates to the site. My apologies. This will be rectified shortly.

Concerning news. Nothing, other than that which has been posted to the site has been confirmed from Oldfield Music or Warner. This information, so far has only been released in Spain since this is where all the organisation is taking place. Mike and his team continue to work on finalising all the details for the MVR release.

Paul
dabidovich Offline

Posted: April 15 2002, 18:39

Hi Olivier, Hi everybody outhere. I live in Madrid, Spain. I have heard/read somewhere that Warner Spain depends on Warner but is independent for signing with musicians. So Mike have signed only with Warner SPAIN. Maybe Tres Lunas booklet will be written in Spanish and English this time. This also means that promotion will be much stronger in Spain (ads,premiere in Valencia, album title in spanish, single in several languages,etc) But I´m sure there will be also promotion by Warner Spain all through the world. Anyway remember that Mike probably sells more in Spain than in any other country, so it´s an intelligent move from Warner Spain.

P.D. Hi James, maybe i´ll fuck my exams and go to valencia smile
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: April 15 2002, 18:58

hey Paul, baby, I mailed you months ago and never got a reply...maybe when you're not too busy biggrin...

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: April 15 2002, 23:39

Thanks Paul.

Let's not knock Dark Star as they do the best given the situation and are, after all, Mike's passionate fans! lol!

I can't imagine that Mike would JUST sign with Warner Spain as that would severely limit the distribution and appeal of his music to a world wide audience - it would NOT be a smart move even though Spain is the most popular support base. I suspect he's still with Warner as a whole but sinply launching the album and game from Spain - I hope so anyway!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: April 16 2002, 09:15

mike going to warner spain...it could be good if you're spanish living in spain...but rest of the world not so good.

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 16 2002, 11:51

It's normal for artists to sign with different record companies across the world, it's just that in these days of massive multinational companies the record companies may well be owned by the same people.

Most recording contracts have a fixed territory, it might be the whole world (some apparently have the whole universe - radio waves are leaving the Earth's atmosphere I suppose...) or it might be just one country, e.g. Spain.

If Mike has signed with Warner Spain, then it means that the Spanish part of the Warner record company will be releasing (and promoting, hopefully) his stuff in Spain.

The way that it usually works is that the artist signs with a company, then that company will license the works which the artist records to other record companies for worldwide distribution. For example, everything on Peter Gabriel's Real World label is distributed through Virgin EMI - so people can be signed to the company and things, but all the CDs are put in the shops by Virgin EMI.

Am I making sense here?
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: April 16 2002, 13:24

yes Mat, you're making sense!!!...its like Reprise releasing Mike's music in the USA whilst he was on Warner European Artists last time...
Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
Tubular Fernando Offline

Posted: April 16 2002, 15:46

Everybody to Valencia! I went there one month ago, and I visited 'la Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències' the place is so nice that if Mike does a concert there it will be unforgettable. Don't worry about Warner & Warner Spain, all we know we are going to listen to Tr3s Lunas. Just enjoy the moment!
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: April 16 2002, 16:14

Mike has signed by Warner PLUS Warner Spain. There are many non- spanish websites, where the album is listed under "coming soon". Try for example

http://www.musicartscine.net/page23.htm

or

http://ubl.artistdirect.com/store/artist/album/0,,1636471,00.html

On the norwegian or swedish site of Warner the album is also listed for 27 May
46 replies since April 11 2002, 16:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net