Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tracklisting< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
mirwais57 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 13 2002, 06:12

Has anyone got one yet? I hope it has a few different songs than other best of's, as they are starting to just repeat the same songs and exactly the same extracks over and over. I like the extracks but mabye they could do some different ones this time.

--------------
http://www.mp3.com/57_13/
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/57_ttpo_13/

NB: Avatar = Mirwais himself.
Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: May 13 2002, 06:38

Extracks? How do you determine what the difference is between a track and an extrack? I didn't even know a track could be deemed alive, let alone dead or 'ex'.

Except maybe some tracks on Earth Moving, they seem pretty lifeless to me.
Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: May 13 2002, 06:40

Oh no...I think I've twigged.

You don't mean extracts, do you?
Profile PM WEB 
mirwais57 Offline

Posted: May 14 2002, 03:57

yes. i can't spell properly when typing fast.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: May 17 2002, 05:45

Whatever the track listing, I can guarantee that it won't be as good as MY best of. I'm waiting for Tr3s Lunas so I can burn the fifth disk. Yes, I have burnt it, and I listen to it a lot. By the way, what is the tracklisting. I haven't heared anything about it at all.

Also, I to can;t spel when tiping faast. wink

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: May 17 2002, 05:59

Re: the tracklisting...

Ever thought of looking in the discography section of Olivier's site?

Hint: http://tubular.net/discography/Collection.shtml
Profile PM WEB 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: May 20 2002, 14:51

lol...I can't get over the title, 'The Danish Collection'. Makes me think of Danish bacon...shame the only item of remote interest is a digitally sourced Pictures In The Dark. It seems increasingly desperate of Virgin to keep rehashing Mike's back catalogue with the same tracks plus one rarity (eg Vivaldi Concerto In C, and now PITD) to get money out of die-hard fans...why don't they just give us what we want, a CD compilation of rare b-sides from the seventies, remastered for CD? That would be mutually benificial for Virgin, and the fans...sadly I don't think they give a fu...

Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
mirwais57 Offline

Posted: May 21 2002, 03:52

i didn't know it was The Danish Collection, I only thought it was called Collection. I suppose that's only because this part of the forum is called collection.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: May 21 2002, 14:49

This is interesting...the picture in Olivier's discography states 'Mike Oldfield - Collection', but in the latest Dark Star issue, it has the same cover but with the text 'The Danish Collection'. Apparently, the compilation may also be available in America - in which case, it wouldn't be called 'The Danish Collection' there. So either this item was only called 'The Danish Collection' when it was originally released as a Dutch promo, or the official release is called The Collection in all territories but Denmark...uh I've got a headache...

Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: May 21 2002, 22:05

I just hope your headache will be gone soon.

Perhaps then you realise that a DUTCH album comes from Holland, and that therefore here in the Netherlands it is being released as The Collection...

You're right about the missing links as I have been calling them. An album by the name: Mike Oldfield - Besides?

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: May 29 2002, 14:03

What is up with this album? is it released by Virgin? or a diff. company? i hope its a different one because Virgin just did TBOTB. i'm kind of surprised at the track listing, because it's all older stuff (like nothing from the 90's (except maybe Amarok, i can't remember). oh well.

200 posts!!! WOO HOO!!

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
mirwais57 Offline

Posted: May 30 2002, 04:12

interesting. i wouldn't have expected mike still to be releasing albums with Virgin, even if they are only best of albums.

by brother is also getting really close to 200 posts. specifically, raven4x4x is getting really close to 200 posts. i'm still reaching 175

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: June 08 2002, 19:38

virgin just getting more money with the help of someone called mike oldfield. poor cd...mistakes a lot as usual. there should be collection of those b-sides and rare...not these same known ones over and over again.

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 09 2002, 00:04

It is indeed Virgin's way of making money. Mike has nothing much to do with these releases of material from his back catalogue - they're just put together by the record company (in this case Virgin, which is why there's nothing from after 1991 on it).

I think they're reluctant to release the rarer tracks, because the executives feel that they won't sell as well. They're probably right as well...

I just realised...this is my post number 666...mwahahahaha
Profile PM 
Mlokie Offline

Posted: June 12 2002, 09:11

On the last page there's list of Virgin albums which goes on exactly like this:

Virgin albums 1974- 2001
1974 Tubular Bells
1978 Inc
1979 Exp
1980 QE2
1980 Platinum
1981 Orchestral Tubular Bells
1982 FMO
1983 C
1984 Hergest Ridge
1984 D
1984 KF
1985 Ommadawn
1987 Isl
1989 EM
1990 Boxed Oldfield
1990 A
1991 HO
1993 E
1998 TB-AE
2001 TBOTB

Can anyone tell is this REALLY JUST a 'mistake' or am I missing something..? smile
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2003, 06:12

Quote (Man In The Rain @ May 21 2002, 14:49)
This is interesting...the picture in Olivier's discography states 'Mike Oldfield - Collection', but in the latest Dark Star issue, it has the same cover but with the text 'The Danish Collection'. Apparently, the compilation may also be available in America - in which case, it wouldn't be called 'The Danish Collection' there. So either this item was only called 'The Danish Collection' when it was originally released as a Dutch promo, or the official release is called The Collection in all territories but Denmark...uh I've got a headache...

As far as I know this album was released only in Denmark as The Danish Collection. The thing was that in 2002 with a new album going to be released (Tr3s Lunas) after being since 1999 without producing new material, probably in Virgin decided to launch a new compilation to take advantage from Warner's promotion of the artist and new album. So they reedited this Danish Collection in some other countries with the name Collection as it were a new compilation but really an old one.  :/
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2005, 03:30

This is the only cd that I do not have and there is nothing on it that I do not already have either. So while I obsessively want to have everything, I will not lose sleep over it especially if Mike doesn't even include it in his own list of releases. I find it a little strange that they have included 20 minutes of Hergest Ridge and only 4 minutes of TB. Would it even still be available? If I saw it in a shop I would buy it just for the cover photo but until then I will survive without it I'm sure.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2005, 06:04

Probably you will see it again on stores as far as Light + Shade will be released. The only interesting thing for an Oldfield fan I can find on this compilation is that it includes the only version on CD of Pictures In The Dark.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2005, 22:33

That's okay, I really hate that song!!

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2005, 11:43

Quote (TubularBelle @ Aug. 18 2005, 22:33)
That's okay, I really hate that song!!

What do you hate the most about it? The overly processed vocal line?

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
21 replies since May 13 2002, 06:12 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net