Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Topics not related to Mike< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tieò_mesaèného_svitu Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 20 2003, 13:51

In the "Polls and Opinions" forum there's a topic about the war in Iraq. I know that TubularBoard is dedicated to Mike Oldfield but maybe it would be good if there was a forum where we could discuss topics not related to Mike. For example the Iraq one. I have seen this on many websites.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 21 2003, 14:08

I also know of one site where they had such an area and ended up having to close it down, due to the way discussions there got so out of hand (it also became the most active section of that message board - a hugely active 'off topic' section could cause us problems with server CPU limits and threaten the smooth running of the rest of the board).

With that, I'm not saying a definite no, but I am saying that there could be certain problems which would have to be taken into consideration. In the end, of course, it's for Olivier to decide...
Profile PM 
MO fan Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2003, 15:00

Quote (Korgscrew @ Mar. 21 2003, 14:08)
a hugely active 'off topic' section could cause us problems with server CPU limits and threaten the smooth running of the rest of the board.

I would agree with that part of your message on problems, I have seen it happen on other sites, where things get out of hand.

This is a Mike Oldfield fan site and as such it should relate to him, his music and other Oldfield'ish topics.

We come here to appreciate all of the above and I hope we all agree on that.

There are plenty of other forums and chat rooms on the net for 'topics not related to Mike'

This is my own humble opinion, Cheers MO fan :D
Profile PM 
Tieò_mesaèného_svitu Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2003, 16:05

Yes, you are right, MO fan. But in those other forums you can't discuss with people who visit this forum.
I am getting convinced it wasn't a good idea. In fact Mike is my favourite topic to discuss.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Mar. 20 2003, 13:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net