campoviejo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 25 2002, 15:12

A bit deceiving, wait ´til release ...
Profile PM 
Juan Luis Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 15:57

I have just heard the original version of To Be Free. I have heard it on M80 Radio, which I think it is much better than Los 40 mad.
It is quite different, a little more slowly, without this dance beats and sounds and it sounds a little ethnic. It is more Oldfield, it has a similar sound like Sunlight Shinning Through Cloud or Amber Light from The Millennium Bell. smile
It has a true connection with Music VR because it also reminds me this woman who says in the videogame: the ring, the butterflies, the trees...
You have to believe that the original is much and much more better winkthan this stuff of remix done by Los 40 mad.
Just remember the remixes done years ago with Let There Be Light or Women of Ireland, some of them did not have any relationship with the original.
I also have to say that Los 40 Radio and 40 TV, spend all the day putting songs and videos of Enrique Iglesias, Britney Spears, and other commercial stuff. So think why they have done this remix.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 16:02

well well...oh my...no words...have to wait and listen the whole album.

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 25 2002, 16:12

Yes, we are discovering the remix before the real track, it's unusual, and we probably shouldn't jump on conclusions.

It's clear Mike (unless his record company controls him totally) wants some popular success. It might be the first time he releases a single one month before the album, and with a radio friendly version.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 16:13

so this is remix or...? well it has rhythm what i have waited from mike to put in his music. but this much...

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 16:29

I miss the chance to download the song!!
I would love to hear it...please put it again on line!!

I am curious to hear it!!

Tati the Sentinel

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tria Selene Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 16:47

Tati, we removed the song from the webpage because we don't want to affect Mike's rights. We need to know all your opinions: Do you think it's illegal to distribute this MP3 sample? We're thinking on the Internet as a "big speaker", a way to expand "Los 40" broadcast all over the world...

We are waiting your posts and e-mails at webmaster@tr3slunas.com

Tria Selene
Profile PM WEB 
3lunas Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 16:48

where is a link to get the "good version"? I can´t sleep thinking about the "Tribute to ABBA"
:mad :mad :mad
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 16:53

how quickly many of you lose faith and trust in Mike's artistic judgement. indeed it now emerges that it is a remix - certainly this more 'ethnic' sounding version now mentionned is not a remix, it is the album version presumably...just wait with patience! i can imagine your horror hearing a dance remix and thinking it is Mike (although I have not heard it myself), but I think it is clear now that the great majority of us have yet to hear the proper original MIKE OLDFIELD version...just hold back on the unpleasant comments until you've actually heard the thing first!!!...
Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: April 25 2002, 17:15

For those people who wanted a normal version:

www.theburningbell.com

There you can find the mp3 of the normal version of To Be Free.

Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 17:19

Well, now when we are sure that this is a remix I think all of you should relax. But I must say I am not disoppointed at all of the song. I still like it. I envy you who have heard the original version. I hope someone could get an mp3 of that one. (according to me it should be quite right to do, when all of us are buying the album läter on) But thats my opinion.

I think I can here a guitar in the end of the first verse where Sally sings "fly". Sounds quite much like the guitar in Mastermind from the Millennium Bell. But it also might be a synth, I don't know.

Sad enough I still havenät find a place to preorder neigher the album nor the single here in sweden yet. And every store I ask about it in says they don't know nothing about this title. Hope they starts to play To be free on swedish radio soon. It is very radiofriendly smile

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 17:22

true...have to wait. and so what if it's bad song...move on...i believe there's track number 8 next biggrin and after that comes Tr3s Lunas, that should tell something about that album. anyway it's going to be cool

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 17:29

Replying Tria Selene:
I think you should put the song online in certain times like you did.In my opinion,many fans would be greatful if they also had the chance to hear the song. The fact is Mike´s rights...but every time a new tune comes out,internet and mp3 comes first...

Everybody wanna listen a new release first.IMHO,put again on line,like you did today.

Tati the Sentinel

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
3lunas Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 17:34

well ... the "original version" looks a bit better ... but need a guitar, in my opinion ... well Mike .. we are waiting for more.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 17:36

hmm...this seems to be the radio edit...sounds much better. i'm starting to like this... biggrin

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Ludor Tudor Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 17:54

Well. I was 5 minutes to late to download the mp3 that they broadcasted on the radio. But since this wasn't the original version - I don't feel that it was a great loss. Downloading the other mp3 now... I'm excited!

--------------
Kjell at oldfield.no
Why don't you have a try to win at the competition?
Profile PM WEB 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 17:56

The original version is relly good that one too. To bad it is bad qulity though frown

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
merlin2k1 Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 18:44

YIKES!! I thought ABBA broke up in the '70's?? Or am I back in the '70s?? If this is the new "improved" Mike where can we get the old one back?

--------------
Bruce
Profile PM WEB 
Fox Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 19:22

I guess it takes an American to say this (kidding haha), but I like both versions!

It's obvious these songs are mainly to promote the MVR project and album by drawing an audience. The songs seem to fit the game, and I hope they'll be in the game itself, too! Are there tubular bells in the original mix? I don't hear any, but I still like it! Still reminds me of Earth Moving...which isn't a bad thing at all.

Keep it coming, Mike! I can't wait to hear what's next. And I'm glad there won't be a DJ talking over the song in the finished version haha!
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 25 2002, 20:04

Remix 'thump-thump-thump' version: absolute shit. smile

Normal 'ethnic' version: fuckin' great. biggrin

No guitar? Who fuckin' cares!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

This is ALL I can say about this. smile

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
127 replies since April 24 2002, 14:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net