[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 'To Be Free' broadcast on Spanish radio< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 25 2002, 20:42

Yeah,I had the chance to hear it!

To me it´s kinda pop,loved the lyrics,the sound,and I think that there´s guitars on it(maybe sampled or with effects),especially on the chorus part.

IMHO,this song is one of the popest songs Mike has written(as far as I know).Younger audiences will probably enjoy it because of its sound.

Like many of you have already said,we have to wait and check out the whole album...maybe we can have again the TB III effect...just guessing.

Tati the Sentinel´s rating: 8.5

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: April 26 2002, 06:20

Well, i've downloaded both version (original and remix) and love them both - ESPECIALLY THE ORIGINAL ETHNIC one! Fantastic! I can't wait to get the album to hear it in all it's glory! The 'original' version is much more Mikey - those that dislike the remix trance version should go to the burningbell.com and get the original one NOW!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
rumester Offline

Posted: April 26 2002, 06:53

I do like it !!! For any reason it sounds summer-ish, I might be a good hit here in Spain....

BTW, I just have only listened to the non-remixed version, where the fuck is the remixed version? smile
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: April 26 2002, 07:55

The version on the burningbell site is the version that appears on album. There will also be a number of remixes available such as chill-out, dance. I have not heard the re-mix version broadcast on radio so I cannot comment.

Paul.

MichielC Offline

Posted: April 26 2002, 08:30

After hearing both version several times
I have to admit he did it again.
It reminds me the time I was introduced
to the music of Mike in the seventies when In Dulci Jubilo was a hit. Nearly every decenia there is a catchy Oldfield tune and always in the context of time. I thing a newer generation will discover his music this way!! As an critical older generation Oldfield fan I'm really looking foreward to "Tres Lunas"

Bye,

Michiel
Profile PM WEB 
Sephirot Offline

Posted: April 26 2002, 08:39

Well i just listened to the mp3...

Err this is not really Mike Style... im not saying that i don't like it cause it is interesting but... i should listen to this song more to like it.

Well the truth is the lyreics are a little kind to dizzy... but cool ok smile

Well i love Mike's alla songs so i will love this one!

To BEE FREEE!!!!!!!!

--------------
Lost in Static 18...
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: April 26 2002, 08:41

Mr Oldfield, If you like to save your prestige, leave the music and be quiet. Your big creative and break ass mind is out now. Save your image for the future, MIKE! go home and play with your MVR.

Unregistered

Posted: April 26 2002, 08:46

You are the Julio Iglesias of UK
Stuart Breed Offline

Posted: April 26 2002, 09:41

I really like it. I think it's another job, very well done by Mike. After all if you're going to do a job, then do it properly, that goes for Pop music as well. The chorus is stuck in my head after only one listening, I even liked the slight reference to ABBA in the chords, now you can't get much more commercial than ABBA can you.
I hope it's a massive hit.

--------------
Stu
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: April 26 2002, 11:42

yes yes...if there will be a video...they could play it on mtv everyday biggrin

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Sephirot Offline

Posted: April 26 2002, 12:51

Well i listen to the song since then smile)) I love it!

It is somthing new all right.

Cananyone tell me where can i find the trance version of the song in good quality?

--------------
Lost in Static 18...
Profile PM 
a2d Offline

Posted: April 26 2002, 16:32

I don't think you have to worry too much about puttin ght eremix back on the website! We can't hear it outside of Spain, anyway, so you aren't really hurting the business. And somehow I have a strong feeling that we'll all be buying Tres Lunas anyway, so it isn;y like Mike is losing sales because of a remix mp3 file on a website...

And I never got to hear it... frown
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: April 26 2002, 18:07

Wonder which channels you have to have to see the video? I still hopes for a DVD with all his videos and that this latest one should be included. Whats the point of doing a video just to maybe catch it on tv sometime? Release it and let us buy it biggrin

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: April 26 2002, 19:40

I've put the mp3 of the trance version on http://galileo.spaceports.com/~yamows/

Gandalph.

Yet Another Mike Oldfield Website.
http://www.dbennett.karoo.net
Stuart Breed Offline

Posted: April 26 2002, 20:12

Mike has just almost very nearly pulled off a true stroke of easy genius. I will explain more in a following post.
In the mean time, can anybody tell me what a Wang Chung is?
I can.

--------------
Stu
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: April 26 2002, 21:06

After reading all the posts thought I wouldnt like it.After listening its lovely.
much fresher,livelier than TB3 and Millenium Bell very musical.really like the over produced vox the effects sound expensive and the voice is very expressive.Does sound like Sally Oldfield.I think if the correct mix format is chosen for release Mike has a #1 hit on his hands .

Unregistered

Posted: April 26 2002, 21:08

hi friends:
to be free is the most horrible song of oldfield that i've ever heard. is this the man who composed moun teidi, or summit day?
i can´t believe it... but is a shame that the oldfield's fans are saying that is a good song.
completely shit. please mike, return to your old style, because maybe tr3s lunas would be a hit, but only in spain, because if the album don´t have the "tubular bells" name in it, the album only will sell copies in spain.
theweightless Offline

Posted: April 27 2002, 04:06

it will sell one copy in finland...i promise you that biggrin

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: April 27 2002, 05:41

And at least 10 in Sweden. Me and my friends are all going to by it which means at least 10 sold copies inSweden biggrin

I really think its gonna sell more here though wink

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 27 2002, 06:07

It is funny to view this forum,on page 1,almost everyone hates the single,and by page 4 almost everyone like it.
But,anyway,i have heard the radio edit,i think,from the burning bell site,and i have to say i love it,sally's vocals are wonderful,great to hear her again,and ok there is no guitar solo,but there does'nt have to be a solo on everything he does,i think that this could do very well in the charts,because to anyone listening to the radio,they would have no idea who it is,just some girl singing,well done Mike.
Profile PM 
127 replies since April 24 2002, 14:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net