Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: To be free..., ...from the barriers!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
timshen Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 26 2002, 10:44

I had previously gone into a barrierless mode where you can fly up to the volcano etc.. but had not found a regular way of doing it...until recently.

Previously I think I got there as there was a bug in the program, now I think I have found a genuine way of doing it...the land features remain there and so do many other features, even the Daliphant, which you can go right up to (2 dimensional!!!;).

The way to get into this mode is to go to the small Ayer's rock with the spherical jewel thingy on top. Enter the spherical thing until you are caught it it. Instead of going forward to be sent to the Origin, back out of it and you'll find yourself back in the MVR world. You'll get a soothing music and you can explore MVR WITHOUT BARRIERS!!! Anytime!

Have fun.

Tim  :laugh:

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2002, 11:29

Ooops! I tried again and realized that it's not exactly as i put in the previous post. The way to do it is to NOT enter the mystical part where you get caught by the sphere thingies!
Go close to it and almost into its centre without being taken to another dimension. Then quickly pull out of it. The soothing music should continue and you should be able to see the spherical thingy over the rock some distance away (it normally vanishes). You will then be able to navigate MVR without the barriers!

It's a bit tricky to get it exactly right but you can keep trying. I can do it almost every time now.

:cool:

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Dec. 27 2002, 10:03

thanks for that, timshen :)
even though i haven't still managed to get that subtle point... i've been trying and no way... it seems very difficult...

anyway, glad to see there is something that triggers the barriers off. i managed only once and was also starting to think it had been some 'nice bug',  but the daliphant was so nitid then...

cheers
:)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2003, 17:00

at last... i managed to get the point :cool:  what i've done (hope it can help...) breathe deeply and slowly flew to the centre of the sprite master (i think this is the name of the 'thing' over the rock) and instead of braking and moving back i kept the speed and before touching the centre turned right and go out just between the two silver rings, i think the clue could be in not touching the metal of the sprite master...
the barriers went off and flying over there i was on the airship and i saw that there is a big ring inside the glass-metal ball in the end of one of its arms, i couldn't touch it, though. that makes me think that there may be something out of the barriers, or maybe something could appear if u go there with some rings... the two times i was in the 'outer space' i had no rings...

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2003, 03:07

Yes Maria, you're right! You simply have to go into the Sprite Master (not too deep though) and then speed out between the metal rings without touching them. The Sprite mater will remain over the small Ayers Rock and a soothing music is heard. This works most time for me now :-)

The last time I did this I went up to the Jupiter like planet and found out that it is 3D - not flat like the Daliphant. It also has cool rings around it.

As yet I cannot see anty purpose for this free flying environment - maybe there is none, except that of having a great fly! :cool:

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
kris
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 14 2003, 00:57

I haven't had any luck with getting the barriers-free zone by going to the sprite-master, but I did get it another way which I think is repeatable.

First, I got the ring in the shell.   Then I got the second ring at the alter by playing the rings game.   And then I went to the doplhins behind the waterfall.  The flying manta-ray returned me to the shore, but everything was "dead" including the cactus.  I couldn't do anything, but then realized I could fly all the way to the volcano and all of the little islands in the ocean.  Not terribly exciting, but at least I could repeat it a few times.  No daliphant or Jupiter in this mode since its technically "No Man's Land".
5 replies since Dec. 26 2002, 10:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net