Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 06 2008, 03:09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd7vwA9kXEM
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 02 2010, 08:49

I like this video. It's very Wizard of Oz-ish, the way it transitions to the Tr3s Lunas world at just the right moment. I like the unfamiliar scenes of the TL world, with the game that's played on the lunar landscape appearing in a completely different setting. Admittedly the song's lyrics are weak, but surprisingly I didn't really notice this when watching the video. I'm surprised the song wasn't a hit.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 02 2010, 18:50

@ nightspore: I'd bet you that those scenes from the TL world are unfamiliar - they aren't in the game at all! :D I may be wrong here, as it's been quite a long time since I last played the game, but I've played it long enough to tell you that none of the TL scenes featured in this video appear in the game in exactly the same form as they appear in the video. Rather, each of the TL scenes in the video looks to me like it's a combination of elements taken from various sections of the game and combined into a single scene. Maybe the video is intended as a showcase of the TL world to people who are completely unfamiliar with it. If it's actually made with that purpose in mind, I must admit they did quite a good job. :)

By the way, the song's lyrics aren't really weak IMHO. It's the song as a whole that's weak. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 03 2010, 01:54

I never liked that song. The video is more putrid. So commercial. I may alienate some freinds but MO to me is not about that. Sorry. I have my head in the past. I suppose he had to adapt. So be it. Money talks. Enjoy while I ignore. While MO is precious to me musically, most video is silly, at best. I mean the commercial crap to sell. I'll just stick to the music.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 03 2010, 17:54

I agree with you, Jim. That song's my second least favorite MO song ever after Foreign Affair. And the video doesn't help much.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 03 2010, 19:46

Quote (Syd B @ April 03 2010, 17:54)
I agree with you, Jim. That song's my second least favorite MO song ever after Foreign Affair. And the video doesn't help much.

Syd, I see you've changed your signature from the Ania Walcwiz-ish one. Whoever wrote it likes mixed metaphors: stages don't have bars, gilded or otherwise!
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 04 2010, 00:33

They do if the play is about prison life.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: April 05 2010, 09:27

... or if your name is Neil Peart.

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 
7 replies since Mar. 06 2008, 03:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net