Posted: July 12 2012, 06:15

A real shame to lose Tim and Lol .
RIP and bless there souls.
Profile PM 
emac Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 12 2012, 23:30

Didn't Morris Pert go out the same way?
Mike has given up the durries hasn't he?

emac.
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: July 13 2012, 12:40

There's an interview with Tim Cross on vimeo:

Interview
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: July 15 2012, 08:30

Untimely passings all.  I had the Montreux DVD with me on holiday this week and on seeing the notice of Tim Cross's decline, followed too soon by the sadder news, I gave it another spin.  All the musicians make their mark, but it's the keyboardist who stands out; Tim intently looking out for what Mike's about to do, or still trying to work it out!  Some new released live work will soon honour a part of his and Morris' careers.

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: July 16 2012, 00:14

God speed, Tim.

I have a mound of respect for this guy as a keyboardist, and love the work he did with Mike between 1979 and the mid  80's.
Profile PM WEB 
Bradnorman Offline

Posted: July 16 2012, 14:06

There's an interview with Tim Cross on vimeo:

An interesting interview with some honest and forthright comments about Tubular Bells!

Does anyone know how old Tim was when he died?

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 'That I was used to drive  
And hear the harness jingle  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: July 16 2012, 17:13

He said he was 24 when he joined Mike's band so...56-57?
Profile PM WEB 
christopher Offline

Posted: July 16 2012, 20:51

http://vimeo.com/45548447

Tim Cross interview.  He says exactly what I thought about Mike's almost obsession and lack of idea's in having to constantly refer back to TB!  I rolled my eyes when TB2003 came out.  I bought it out of curiosity.  But, at the end of the day, Mike's best albums do not bare the name Tubular Bells!  If I had to pick Mike's most accomplished and polished work, it would definitely without a doubt be "Amarok"!  Followed by Ommadawn, HR, Incantations, FMO, Crises, and then TB2.  TB2 is like the happy TB.

Hopefully Mike will never ever touch on Tubular Bells again!  The opening to MOTS was beautiful, but based on his famous arpeggio.  Mike please move on.  We love you, but move on!  If you are going to reminisce about anything, try Amarok or Ommadawn, even FMO.
Profile PM 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: July 16 2012, 21:29

I actually love Tubular Bells II, more so than than the original. Not a fan of Tubular Bells III except for a few bits.
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2012, 16:46

I've read the terrible news about Tim but I still didn't response. I bought a copy of the tour book from Mike's tour in 1979 recently and found an early photo of Tim! Here we see his birth of date too.

Bless his soul and R.I.P.!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Clea Offline

Posted: April 16 2015, 11:38

Hello all, I know it's a few years since this thread...apologies for the late arrival.  I'm writing my About Me section on my website - and am on the part about collaborating with Tim Cross.  Feeling a bit emotional reading this thread, and looking in general at Google search results on Tim, again.  Tim was a dear friend.  It was my album he was working shortly before he died.  I'm not here to plug, but simply to say, if anyone wants to hear his last work, you could listen to songs on this album in full on https://cleallewellyn.bandcamp.com/releases. One of his most favourite songs was the last track, which he kept very simple and you can hear some beautiful piano on there (this was also played at his funeral).  Also, the track Not a Toy really is quirky.  He created magic where there was once just an acoustic guitar and my voice - I told him it was like he was making dresses for the songs, so then, when he would send a new mix it would be entitled 'sparkly red dress' or something instead of the song name.  Love him!  I miss him so much, and was grateful to come here and see all your posts.  Spot on.  Great man, thought of very often.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 06 2015, 16:57

Hi Clea,

So sorry not to notice that you had posted before now. A very belated welcome to the forums and thank you for your post. I loved your work and just bought the digital download. My sympathy for your loss of Tim....so sad. :/   How wonderful that you had an opportunity to work with him before his passing.  I was thinking of Tim just the other day while watching Exposed.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
31 replies since July 08 2012, 18:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net